RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

San Antonio Stars 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigur3

PostPosted: 02/01/17 4:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's a great move for a team that isn't trying to win anything next season. She has nothing left to give on the court but will be a good mentor for whichever post player they draft.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/01/17 4:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
Signing deSouza is a big plus I guess but I hope they can get either Coates or Jones as their center for the future of this very young team. SAS is looking like a playoff team this season if VJ can get all the parts working together quickly enough.

I have a feeling that San Antonio is going to take Kelsey Plum with their #1. She'll back up Jefferson. Or if DeShields declares, they take her #1. Seems like with the additions of Harrison and de Souza, Coates isn't on their radar.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/01/17 4:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Angus24 wrote:
Signing deSouza is a big plus I guess but I hope they can get either Coates or Jones as their center for the future of this very young team. SAS is looking like a playoff team this season if VJ can get all the parts working together quickly enough.

With the declines in the teams like Chi , Indy & ATL . The Stars just might be a playoff team along with the Styx .

.. and the Sun? I hope?

lynxmania

PostPosted: 02/01/17 6:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
It's a great move for a team that isn't trying to win anything next season. She has nothing left to give on the court but will be a good mentor for whichever post player they draft.

X____________ Agreed

lynxmania

PostPosted: 02/02/17 12:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stars re-signed Kayla Alexander

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 02/02/17 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:

Camp fodder now with Harrison and de Souza already onboard?

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/02/17 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

No, I think she's pretty solid on the roster, and that Harrison will be competing more at PF. I see her in the mold of a GloJo.

- Amanda Gorman
Angus24

PostPosted: 02/02/17 1:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think SAS will be shooting for a playoff spot and I think that will happen. With Alexander returning and maybe Hamby I would still hope they take either Coates or Jones at #5 assuming one or the other is available. I would assume Ruth and VJ see deSouza as starting center and looks like there will be a lot of competition among the other bigs for survival on the roster. What is the scoop on Ndour, she is better than some of the other bigs that SAS has?

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/02/17 2:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
lynxmania wrote:

No, I think she's pretty solid on the roster, and that Harrison will be competing more at PF. I see her in the mold of a GloJo.

Given how quickly she signed, Alexander likely got a pretty hefty deal as well. Definitely more than camp fodder, and at this point likely a better player than the near-fossilised Erika.

PostPosted: 02/03/17 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice to see that SAS is keeping their Roster up to date for a change. Now showing 13 players so I guess someone will be leaving and probably 3 of current roster if they get 2 good young players in the draft. I assume VJ will get another assistant so wonder who that might be.

RavenDog

PostPosted: 02/03/17 11:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Angus24 wrote:

I have a feeling that San Antonio is going to take Kelsey Plum with their #1. She'll back up Jefferson. Or if DeShields declares, they take her #1. Seems like with the additions of Harrison and de Souza, Coates isn't on their radar.

I don't think Coates will be around for #5 as it now stands (with no declarations.) Also, with Currie possibly leaving a 3 will be needed too. I believe Briona Jones will be there at #5 should SAS go big. I like Briona but if she is only 6'2" instead of 6'3" which I suspect, that is something to consider.
I'm guessing Plum, SWK, Coates and A. Jones goes in the first 4.

#1 Plum #5 B.Jones

myrtle

PostPosted: 02/05/17 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think this team should invite Kelsey Griffin to camp. They could use a hard working hardnosed player to compete with Hamby at PF. It looks like they'll be getting another guard and a big post in the draft, which will leave them with lots of fives, but not much at the four unless Izzi works out there.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 02/17/17 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Moriah Jefferson in new Adidas Commercial

http://www.womensbasketball247.com/2017/02/moriah-jefferson-new-adidas-commercial/

Quote:
Recently we saw LA Spark’s forward Candace Parker featured in the Adidas ‘Unleash Your Creativity’ campaign and now you can see Moriah Jefferson of the WNBA’s San Antonio Stars help introduce the new adidas running AlphaBOUNCE AMS

PostPosted: 02/27/17 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stars have acquired center Clarissa Dos Santos from the Chicago Sky in exchange for center Astou Ndour.

PostPosted: 02/27/17 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They seem to be overloaded with not-so great posts especially if they intend to continue to play Hamby as a 4 (seven of 'em if you include Peters as well), meanwhile they have only MoJeff and McBride as quality guards. Just looking at this roster though, sure looks like they intend to go with Plum at #1.

- Amanda Gorman
toad455

PostPosted: 02/27/17 6:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Stars have acquired center Clarissa Dos Santos from the Chicago Sky in exchange for center Astou Ndour.

I wonder if this is due to Dos Santos wanting to play with DeSouza. Also, Ndour's not a center.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 02/27/17 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
sure looks like they intend to go with Plum at #1.

Only if nobody declares.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 02/27/17 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SA can still take whoever declares or Plum at #1, heck that player can still even start. Between Deshields and McBride one can play at the SF spot, and yes you might be a little small but Plum or Mitchell can play the 2 with Jefferson at the 1. Might not be the best for defense, but on offense you have Jefferson, with Mitchell or Plum and McBride, you have to guard all three, any of them can launch from 3 and any of them can breakdown their defender, and at 5 you could grab another shooter in SWK or a tougher wing like Coffey. In the grand scheme I think N'Dour for Dos Santos isn't a bad move it might be lateral, but change of scenery can always be good. Hamby might real have to focus on moving to the 3 full-time.

Jefferson/Colson
#1 Mitchell, Deshields or Plum/Currie (will end up at the SF spot when she is in)
McBride/Hamby/Gwazmay
Harrison/Dos Santos/Peters
Alexander/De Souza

and someone on the perimeter loses a spot to #5 (SWK, A. Jones, Coffey) or someone in the post (B. Jones, Coates).

Richyyy

PostPosted: 02/28/17 2:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Also, Ndour's not a center.

Plays there plenty in Europe. Has the height and length for it. Bulk/strength is an issue at WNBA level (as, inevitably, is showing up). I'd call Ndour more of a 5 than Hamby is a 3.

myrtle wrote:
They seem to be overloaded with not-so great posts especially if they intend to continue to play Hamby as a 4 (seven of 'em if you include Peters as well), meanwhile they have only MoJeff and McBride as quality guards. Just looking at this roster though, sure looks like they intend to go with Plum at #1.

It's like they're going with the "at least one of them has to be decent on any given night if we accumulate 100, right?" policy

PostPosted: 02/28/17 7:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:

Jefferson/Colson
#1 Mitchell, Deshields or Plum/Currie (will end up at the SF spot when she is in)
McBride/Hamby/Gwazmay
Harrison/Dos Santos/Peters
Alexander/De Souza

Hamby is more of a PF than Peters, as far as how they were used last year. I think Peters or Gwathmey may be on the outside looking in since they're overloaded at the SF position. I suppose Gwathmey could be used as a SG, so maybe she has the edge.

I still think Currie to the Liberty for one of their overflows at SG might be doable, but maybe they want Currie as a mentor to all these greenhorns.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
StevenHW

PostPosted: 02/28/17 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Is Clarissa related to former Orlando Miracle player Cintia Dos Santos?

PostPosted: 03/01/17 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is Dos Santos actually a center? SAS roster lists her at 6' 1" which seems not good unless she is a fantastic natural reebounder and can really move people around.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 03/01/17 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Stars sign Roneeka Hodges to a training camp contract

Michelle89

PostPosted: 03/01/17 2:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
Is Dos Santos actually a center? SAS roster lists her at 6' 1" which seems not good unless she is a fantastic natural reebounder and can really move people around.

She has the low post game of a center but doesnt have the height for it.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
sigur3

PostPosted: 03/01/17 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's better suited as a center, though she's undersized. Her offensive game isn't good enough to be a 4. Also, she's strong as a tank

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 4 of 17

Jump to: