RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Three Way Trade Made
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/30/17 5:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swords' production is not as important as her presence in the paint. It was one of the questions yesterday: how to get more height and protect Stewie. I would not be surprised if they invite someone playing overseas to camp as a PG. Also, if they intend to make Swords a starter, I would assume they'd also have a plan to trade away Langhorne. Phoenix, maybe?

Liberty only have a 3rd round pick and I was expecting them to trade for more. I wondered if they cored Wright as a prelude to trading her. 6 guards suggests they are not done.

Washington had to have been clearing cap space. The timing suggests that whatever free agent they were targeting made up their mind. Similarly, the timing for NY suggests that they will have some cap room.

Even with 2 or three early declarers, it's just not a deep draft. I am much happier with a veteran tall center than taking a chance with early declarers.

zune69

PostPosted: 01/30/17 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SMH at the why some of you are praising Swords as if she's some big time defensive player.When Stokes & Wright went down,so did the liberty defense.Swords......3 rebounds in 27 minutes vs Phoenix.

scrappy

PostPosted: 01/30/17 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bill laimbeer is laughing so hard now.

is he a genius or the league is full of dumb assed gm's.

PostPosted: 01/30/17 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Happycappie25 wrote:
Have GOT to be another trade for the libs here, just doing the capology here...its a twofer, max and a scale for a max (in all likelihood) remember we had to cut cash to fit her in on a prorate last year...so to core wright and lets say max Rodgers...that doesn't seem to add up even with Cash's retirement. And that's without filling any holes at 3.

Prince, Charles, Wright, Rodgers, Zellous, Vaughn and scale deals is workable if they want it to be.

PostPosted: 01/30/17 7:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
SMH at the why some of you are praising Swords as if she's some big time defensive player.When Stokes & Wright went down,so did the liberty defense.Swords......3 rebounds in 27 minutes vs Phoenix.

Not saying she's a superstar but I feel she'll fit better when she has more room in the paint. I just don't value the 6th pick in this draft over a big body with 5 years experience. There's also a certain kind of personality they want in Seattle and by all accounts she is one of those willing to do whatever for the team. Seattle. Ended to get someone who would let Stewart foot outside more and they have. That's with a lot more than Brionna Jones at the 6.

Queenie

PostPosted: 01/30/17 8:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swords is a solid role player- she'll do exactly what Seattle needs, while ging the Storm space and minutes to develop Tokashiki.

Something tells me that the Mystics moved Vaughn at the right time.

LOL draft picks this year. I don't even know.

(now with spelling variations)
Youth Coach

PostPosted: 01/30/17 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Guess this means I'll be rooting for Seattle this season since Swords is the only active player I root for.
Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/30/17 8:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:

Yep Idea

Who's next on Trader Bill's list? Liz Cambage Twisted Evil

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/31/17 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
What is the chance that Plum falls to the 6th pick?

0%

Oke and what is the chance that the 6th pick is going to fill a bigger need for the Storm then Swords?

That depends on what you consider a bigger need: backup PG/future Bird replacement or center with size. There will almost certainly be a competent PG not named Plum available at #6, whereas there will be slimmer pickings at C.

You just dont replace a PG like Bird with a 'competent' PG only proven at college level. Also with Bouceks system it looks like she doesnt want a true PG to backup Bird. Last season she let Loyd do backup duty and then later on Quinn.

I think Bird will go on for 2 more seasons so filling that center need is the way to go IMO. And if i want a PG to be that future replacement for Sue i would like to see the Storm go after an more experienced PG (DRob for example)

Right, which is why I was saying draft someone now and develop them while Bird is still playing. I don't think Loyd is best suited as a backup PG but she seemed to improve in that role as the season went on.

That is easier said then done. Are you sure that there are certain PG starters in this draft that the Storm are able to get?
IMO the PG position is the most important position on the court. Yes we have been spoiled by having Bird all these years but that doesnt mean that you settle with an OK PG in the future. This team is rebuilding much faster then we thought so they cant wait 3-4 seasons (time it often takes for a PG to fully settle in the WNBA) for a PG to develop and catch on with Stewart and Loyd.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 01/31/17 1:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

0%

Oke and what is the chance that the 6th pick is going to fill a bigger need for the Storm then Swords?

That depends on what you consider a bigger need: backup PG/future Bird replacement or center with size. There will almost certainly be a competent PG not named Plum available at #6, whereas there will be slimmer pickings at C.

You just dont replace a PG like Bird with a 'competent' PG only proven at college level. Also with Bouceks system it looks like she doesnt want a true PG to backup Bird. Last season she let Loyd do backup duty and then later on Quinn.

I think Bird will go on for 2 more seasons so filling that center need is the way to go IMO. And if i want a PG to be that future replacement for Sue i would like to see the Storm go after an more experienced PG (DRob for example)

You know there are other places to find good players besides the draft. The best options are are not always the next class of college graduates. Just saying.

PostPosted: 01/31/17 2:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Happycappie25 wrote:
Have GOT to be another trade for the libs here, just doing the capology here...its a twofer, max and a scale for a max (in all likelihood) remember we had to cut cash to fit her in on a prorate last year...so to core wright and lets say max Rodgers...that doesn't seem to add up even with Cash's retirement. And that's without filling any holes at 3.

Prince, Charles, Wright, Rodgers, Zellous, Vaughn and scale deals is workable if they want it to be.

It should also be remembered that NY carried 13 players for most of last season. Prince was inactive, but a temporary suspension meant that her entire max salary hit the Liberty cap. Even when they cut Swin briefly, NY carried 13 because of Ameryst Alston. NY got down to 12 only after they waived Bulgak to activate Prince. That shouldn't be a problem this season.

PostPosted: 01/31/17 2:11 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

0%

You know there are other places to find good players besides the draft. The best options are are not always the next class of college graduates. Just saying.

Very true. Sometimes there are experienced pro players putting up numbers overseas that demand a 5th WNBA shot, such as averaging 9.0 points @ 22%, 2.5 assists & 3.0 turnovers in the Hungarian league.

PostPosted: 01/31/17 6:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@Luuuc o no you didnt Laughing Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 02/01/17 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I liked Swords, but Vaughn provides more offense. I'm assuming Vaughn starts with Stokes still coming off the bench?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 02/01/17 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

0%

Very true. Sometimes there are experienced pro players putting up numbers overseas that demand a 5th WNBA shot, such as averaging 9.0 points @ 22%, 2.5 assists & 3.0 turnovers in the Hungarian league.

Just played 2 games. I'm sure no other good player has ever started out on a brand new team not playing fantastic out of the gate....Dumbass

PostPosted: 02/01/17 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Yeah. Ha ha ha. It's so funny making fun of other people's favorite players. You guys are pathetic. I'll have the last laugh if she gets a chance and it turns out she's just as good as I say she is (which would happen). You guys are really going to hate me then Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: 02/01/17 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

How many players have gone off to Europe for several years and come back to the WNBA in general? Just looking at the Israeli League numbers, you have Chelsea Hopkins tearing it up and Danielle McCray and Shae Kelley doing well. But would any of them get even invited to a training camp? At a certain point, unless they are putting up eye-popping numbers the teams seem to consider them as good as they are gonna get.

PickledGinger

PostPosted: 02/01/17 3:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Yeah. Ha ha ha. It's so funny making fun of other people's favorite players. You guys are pathetic. I'll have the last laugh if she gets a chance and it turns out she's just as good as I say she is (which would happen). You guys are really going to hate me then Laughing Laughing Laughing

You've been at this for a long time, dude. Learn your audience, already. If you don't want to get ridiculed for an opinion that literally everyone else on this board strongly disagrees with, STOP BRINGING IT UP!!! It used to be cute, now it just makes us Rolling Eyes .

StevenHW

PostPosted: 02/01/17 3:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:

Maybe both!

PostPosted: 02/02/17 2:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PickledGinger wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

You've been at this for a long time, dude. Learn your audience, already. If you don't want to get ridiculed for an opinion that literally everyone else on this board strongly disagrees with, STOP BRINGING IT UP!!! It used to be cute, now it just makes us Rolling Eyes .

I don't know anyone's favorite player on here. I must have missed the Layshia Clarendon fans on here. So actually no I haven't been doing that. But you all know mine. You guys just like being jerks.

PostPosted: 02/02/17 2:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

But ok I won't post about her anymore unless she's signed. But you guys stop bringing her up (because if you notice I'm almost never the one that mentions her. YOU GUYS DO)

PostPosted: 02/02/17 4:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
But ok I won't post about her anymore unless she's signed. But you guys stop bringing her up (because if you notice I'm almost never the one that mentions her. YOU GUYS DO)

Ow pls you troll/suggest/hint/discribe her without mentioning her name every chance you get.. We get it. You are a big fan of her and her game but pls respect that most of us dont feel the same about her.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/02/17 5:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

How many players have gone off to Europe for several years and come back to the WNBA in general? Just looking at the Israeli League numbers, you have Chelsea Hopkins tearing it up and Danielle McCray and Shae Kelley doing well. But would any of them get even invited to a training camp? At a certain point, unless they are putting up eye-popping numbers the teams seem to consider them as good as they are gonna get.

It might surprise JJ to know that I agree that for fringe players, sometimes the right situation can be just as important as big numbers. A failed WNBA attempt shouldn't mean your chances are gone for good. Some players do expand their games too. But yeah, so far the track record for successful comebacks is pretty bad. I don't think that a responsible GM should just "write off" a player for good though.

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Just to be clear, I'm not making fun of Sammy. She's got skills and she's earning a living, and good for her. I'm making fun of you for ramming her down our throats constantly. YOU are the one routinely trashing players with all your rants about how shitty they all are compared to your favourite. I think you might be better received if you didn't constantly feel the need to tear down so many players as a means of giving your darling another shout-out. Maybe you don't realise you're doing it, but we're all fans here, and some of us don't appreciate the endless stream of disrespect you spew towards basically every guard who isn't Sammy.

P.S. If Prahalis does turn out to be as good as you say she is ... or even if she only turns out to be a quarter as good as you claim - like say Sue Bird in her prime type level - I'll be more than happy to applaud her return to the W. It's an impressive feat in itself to reach this level. To get cut, be out for a few years, and make it back again - that would be an amazing achievement.

P.P.S. I actually dig your passion, believe it or not. I just wish it was a bit more well directed.

PostPosted: 02/02/17 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I only "trash" players who are not good. I've never "trashed" Bird, Whalen, Robinson, Sims, among others. Because they are good. You guys should be just as pissed as I am that players like Tiffany Bias, Clarendon, Faris, and many others are getting roster spots in this league. Because they aren't the best. I would think that as a fan of the league you would want the best players in the league. It's not happening. If you want what's best for the league you should be angry at some of these players in the league over better players. But every time I bring it up, you guys throw Sammy back at my face. Yeah I think she should be in the league. But whether she ever gets back in or not; my message is still the same: some of these players are not that good and there are better out there.

PostPosted: 02/02/17 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
I only "trash" players who are not good. I've never "trashed" Bird, Whalen, Robinson, Sims, among others. Because they are good. You guys should be just as pissed as I am that players like Tiffany Bias, Clarendon, Faris, and many others are getting roster spots in this league. Because they aren't the best. I would think that as a fan of the league you would want the best players in the league. It's not happening. If you want what's best for the league you should be angry at some of these players in the league over better players. But every time I bring it up, you guys throw Sammy back at my face. Yeah I think she should be in the league. But whether she ever gets back in or not; my message is still the same: some of these players are not that good and there are better out there.

Jet,

It is great that you are a Sammy fan but, how is she better than the 3rd best pg on any team in the WNBA? Sammy got a chance in PHX because she fit "their" system at the time she was needed. I dont see where she would fit with any team because of her lack of skills. If a team should give her a chance, then Ketia Swanier should be back in the WNBA as well. Neither one can pass very well or shoot. The difference is that Ketia was much quicker and played better defense than Sammy.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: