RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

DC Mystics 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/26/16 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

As for the eye test, just look at baseball. There was always this belief in "RBI guys", which have been proven to have be a figment of the imagination. There are cases, of course, where you can see things that the numbers don't reveal. I just don't think that applies to Thomas.

So Tony Gwynn's contribution was negligible?

- Amanda Gorman
ClayK

PostPosted: 09/27/16 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tony Gwynn might not be your best example -- advanced metrics thought he was great too.

PostPosted: 09/27/16 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Tony Gwynn might not be your best example -- advanced metrics thought he was great too.

well, he was definitely someone I would call an RBI guy...but then I'm no expert by any means.

- Amanda Gorman
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/24/16 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Banner week for the new Mystics facility.

This evening at 6pm a neighborhood ice cream truck driver was shot five times and robbed a couple blocks up the street from the Congress Heights Metro stop (the station nearest the new arena) His condition is unknown at this time. Last Thursday someone shot up a bunch of cars and apartments near the new facility (a lot of bullets fired - 75 bullet holes found). But today they did catch a suspect in a fatal shooting that occurred in September a couple blocks from the facility, so they got that going for them.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 11/11/16 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carley Mijovic’s skyhigh basketball ambitions

Quote:
Mijovic was drafted by the Washington Mystics in 2014, but has yet to go over there and play… but now she feels ready to sink her teeth into the American league.
“I’m hoping to play in the WNBA,” Mijovic said. “I was drafted by the Mystics and they have the rights to me for five years,” she said.
“I’ll get my agent to start talking to them.”

http://basketballvictoria.com.au/carley-mijovics-skyhigh-basketball-ambitions/

Good timing IMO.
After stagnating for a few years in the WNBL she has clearly been working on rounding out her game here in Perth. I hope to see her in camp next year.

PostPosted: 11/11/16 9:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Carley Mijovic’s skyhigh basketball ambitions

Quote:
Mijovic was drafted by the Washington Mystics in 2014, but has yet to go over there and play… but now she feels ready to sink her teeth into the American league.
“I’m hoping to play in the WNBA,” Mijovic said. “I was drafted by the Mystics and they have the rights to me for five years,” she said.
“I’ll get my agent to start talking to them.”

http://basketballvictoria.com.au/carley-mijovics-skyhigh-basketball-ambitions/

Good timing IMO.
After stagnating for a few years in the WNBL she has clearly been working on rounding out her game here in Perth. I hope to see her in camp next year.

Quote:
She started on the bench for us (last season) and we had specific things we wanted her to adjust,” Stewart said. “The first few weeks it didn’t happen.

“When she did something unacceptable we would pull her out of the game, it was tough on her.

Surprising she was drafted in 2014 by the Mystics and she wasn't starting in 2015 in the WNBL. The fact that she isn't a Jayco team member also makes me wonder why Thibault is interested.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 11/12/16 6:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Quote:
She started on the bench for us (last season) and we had specific things we wanted her to adjust,” Stewart said. “The first few weeks it didn’t happen.

“When she did something unacceptable we would pull her out of the game, it was tough on her.

Surprising she was drafted in 2014 by the Mystics and she wasn't starting in 2015 in the WNBL. The fact that she isn't a Jayco team member also makes me wonder why Thibault is interested.

She looked a player with real potential when she graduated from the AIS, but then never really developed her game any further. For years she was a skinny 4 who liked to shoot perimeter jump shots and do pretty much nothing else. For that reason I wasn't particularly enthused when Perth signed her up for last season. I had pretty much written her off as a waste of potential by that point. But since late last year she has shown steady improvement, and her minutes have been increasing as a result.
I can see why Thibault thought she had potential, and I can also see why he probably never bothered to follow up with her. She was nowhere near ready.
If she keeps rounding out her game I think she's a real chance to make it into the Opals and maybe stick on a WNBA roster.

(today's game that just finished, however ... he shot selection was awful. With her feet set she's an excellent shooter out to the 3 point line, but not when she's forcing shots out of rhythm)

PostPosted: 01/16/17 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bria Hartley had her baby today. In theory she could be ready for the start of the season.

PostPosted: 01/23/17 5:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So what if the Mystics pull off say Dolson, Hill and #2 for EDD

And then lure home "kind of local" UFA Toliver

you get

Latta/Cloud
Toliver/TRP/Harley
EDD/Copper
Meesseman/Malloot/(Hawkins)
Vaughn/Sanders

or if you prefer

Latta/Cloud
Toliver/Hartley
TRP/Copper
EDD/Sanders/Malloot
Meesseman/Vaughn

You can swap around guards and wings anyway I just went with seniority for the starters

for the first line up grab a 5th post somewhere, 2nd round pick, waiver wire, maybe bring back Hawkins.

for the 2nd one grab another gaud/wing or post with your 2nd round pick or fill out the roster off the waiver wire

hangtyme24

PostPosted: 01/24/17 12:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toliver isn't leaving LA for Washington. Keep dreaming.

PostPosted: 01/24/17 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:

I'm just speculating not dreaming. Just playing the "What if" game. I really don't care where Toliver ends up and returning to LA is the most likely option.

But Until she signs her contract there is room for speculation, and somewhere in other threads people were speculating that LA might not have enough cap room if they bring all of their UFA (Toliver, Carson and Beard) back and add in R. Williams and Tolo.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/24/17 7:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:

She might like playing with Delle Donne

PostPosted: 01/24/17 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
So what if the Mystics pull off say Dolson, Hill and #2 for EDD

And then lure home "kind of local" UFA Toliver

you get

Latta/Cloud
Toliver/TRP/Harley
EDD/Copper
Meesseman/Malloot/(Hawkins)
Vaughn/Sanders

or if you prefer

Latta/Cloud
Toliver/Hartley
TRP/Copper
EDD/Sanders/Malloot
Meesseman/Vaughn

You can swap around guards and wings anyway I just went with seniority for the starters

for the first line up grab a 5th post somewhere, 2nd round pick, waiver wire, maybe bring back Hawkins.

for the 2nd one grab another gaud/wing or post with your 2nd round pick or fill out the roster off the waiver wire

Pretty much a defensive nightmare for Thibault.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/30/17 8:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So for now

Latta/Cloud
Hill/Weisner
TRP
EDD/Malloot
Meesseman/Sander

#6 SWK, B, Jones, Coffey?

OK there are some holes to fill but I can see some free agents getting signed here in the next week or so Larkins, L. Mitchell, Toliver, Gatling? Someone will jump in, I wonder if Mike T has any ins with K. Griffin.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 01/30/17 8:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
So for now

Latta/Cloud
Hill/Weisner
TRP
EDD/Malloot
Meesseman/Sander

OK there are some holes to fill but I can see some free agents getting signed here in the next week or so Larkins, L. Mitchell, Toliver, Gatling? Someone will jump in, I wonder if Mike T has any ins with K. Griffin.

Not exactly a MIN/LA/PHO-Beating lineup... But should be fun to watch Confused

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/30/17 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Admiral_Needa wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
So for now

Latta/Cloud
Hill/Weisner
TRP
EDD/Malloot
Meesseman/Sander

They need another offensive threat at guard if they want to really make some noise . This is a 8Th Place 7th Place Team at best right now.

PostPosted: 01/30/17 9:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If SWK is there at #6 They should take her no doubt. If not Nia Coffey. I think DC should also try to resign Mitchell, signing Larkins would help a lot. This team isn't going to win a championship this year but if they can add a couple more pieces the next two years they might.
PG: Cloud/Mitchell
SG: Hill/Latta/Weisner or FA
SF: TRP/SWK or Coffey
PF: EDD/Sanders/Malott
C: Meeseman/Larkins

PostPosted: 01/30/17 9:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
So for now

Latta/Cloud
Hill/Weisner
TRP
EDD/Malloot
Meesseman/Sander

I'd take BJones. They lost Dolson and Vaughn. That's a lot of strength lost.

stever

PostPosted: 01/30/17 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/18588986/chicago-sky-star-elena-delle-donne-likely-agree-sign-trade-washington-mystics

Quote:
Earlier Monday, Sky owner Michael Alter confirmed to The New York Times that a deal was completed for Delle Donne's trade, but the WNBA star's agent, Erin Kane, said the Times report was premature; Delle Donne and Kane have not yet seen the contract or signed off on it.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/30/17 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hangtyme24 wrote:

*whistles very loudly*

PostPosted: 01/30/17 11:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
So for now

Latta/Cloud
Hill/Weisner
TRP
EDD/Malloot
Meesseman/Sander

Cloud is not a PG. PG is the #1 need at this point. Signing Mitchell = priority. Or PG available at #6. Lindsey Allen? But I agree, this team needs some beef. So if Mitchell is signed, go with BJones. She's got beef and she's been consistent.

With EDD and Meeseman, we've got plenty of scoring so we just need defense out of the SF and that's what TRP and Cloud bring. I repeat: the Cloud experiment at PG needs to end. She's useful as she can play 2,3 or 1 in a pinch.

~rAf
myrtle

PostPosted: 01/30/17 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It seems very strange to me that DC would dump both Vaughn and Dolson. That leaves them with zero banger inside. So I have to think they have 'something' in mind for that slot. I like Meeseman and Saunders but don't think either are really fives.

- Amanda Gorman
Mysticsfan12

PostPosted: 01/30/17 11:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
So for now

Latta/Cloud
Hill/Weisner
TRP
EDD/Malloot
Meesseman/Sander

They need another offensive threat at guard if they want to really make some noise . This is a 8Th Place 7th Place Team at best right now.

Didn't Phoenix just squeak into the playoffs ahead of them last year? Wink

PostPosted: 01/30/17 11:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mysticsfan12 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
Admiral_Needa wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
So for now

Latta/Cloud
Hill/Weisner
TRP
EDD/Malloot
Meesseman/Sander

Didn't Phoenix just squeak into the playoffs ahead of them last year? Wink

PHO-Beating lineups last season:
Lynx*
Fever*
Storm*
Sparks*
Wings*
Liberty*
Sky*
Sun
Dream

(* indicates multiple victories)

PostPosted: 01/31/17 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

readyAIMfire53 wrote:
Shades wrote:
J-Spoon wrote:
So for now

Latta/Cloud
Hill/Weisner
TRP
EDD/Malloot
Meesseman/Sander

Cloud is not a PG. PG is the #1 need at this point. Signing Mitchell = priority. Or PG available at #6. Lindsey Allen? But I agree, this team needs some beef. So if Mitchell is signed, go with BJones. She's got beef and she's been consistent.

With EDD and Meeseman, we've got plenty of scoring so we just need defense out of the SF and that's what TRP and Cloud bring. I repeat: the Cloud experiment at PG needs to end. She's useful as she can play 2,3 or 1 in a pinch.

I assume you're talking about Leilani Mitchell. Jet would say you're setting the bar low. Allen isn't worth passing on BJones. I don't think Coates will be available at #6 unless there's multiple early declarations.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 18, 19, 20  Next
Page 2 of 20

Jump to: