Board Junkies Forums

San Antonio Stars 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
stever

PostPosted: 12/23/16 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
stever wrote:
When is Hamby's due date...not sure if much can be expected of her next summer...?

She's due in six weeks

Thanks...I should've known you'd have a spreadsheet for that. Wink

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 12/23/16 1:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
pilight wrote:
stever wrote:
When is Hamby's due date...not sure if much can be expected of her next summer...?

She's due in six weeks

Thanks...I should've known you'd have a spreadsheet for that. Wink

Shocked Is this RebKell news?

Angus24

PostPosted: 12/25/16 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What ever happened to Daniel Adams? She was a really important part of the team a few years ago.

Shades

PostPosted: 12/25/16 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
What ever happened to Daniel Adams? She was a really important part of the team a few years ago.

I don't think her pot smoking was a part of the Hughes culture. I think she saw the writing on the wall and realized she needed to finish up her degree. She just graduated in August. Now she plays in Israel and was recently named player of the week.

Quote:
27-year old power forward Danielle Adams (185-F/C-89) had an amazing evening in the last round for league's best team Maccabi R.Gan and receives a Eurobasket.com Player of the Week award for round 6.
She had a double-double of 32 points and 15 rebounds, while her team edged out Elitzur Holon (#5, 2-3) 79-76. It allowed Maccabi R.Gan to take over top position in the Israeli D1. Maccabi R.Gan have a solid 5-1 record. In the team's last game Adams had a remarkable 75.0% from 2-point range. She turned to be Maccabi R.Gan's top player in her first season with the team. Texas A&M University graduate has very impressive stats this year. Adams is in league's top in points (3rd best: 22.0ppg) and averages solid 60.3% FGP.

http://www.eurobasket.com/Israel/news/473541/Adams'-double-double-lands-her-Player-of-the-Week-award?Women=1

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 12/25/16 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If she's in better shape, she'll get signed by someone. Seems like a Laimbeer type of player. Wink

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Michelle89

PostPosted: 12/25/16 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:

She got bigger and bigger..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
merlina

PostPosted: 12/25/16 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Angus24 wrote:

I don't think her pot smoking was a part of the Hughes culture. I think she saw the writing on the wall and realized she needed to finish up her degree.

She was waived during training camp.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 12/25/16 4:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Angus24 wrote:

Are we talking about Danielle Adams or Jayne Appel? Razz

PostPosted: 12/25/16 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Stars GM Ruth Riley: A Global Hire Raised on an Indiana Farm

https://therivardreport.com/stars-gm-ruth-riley-a-global-hire-raised-on-an-indiana-farm/

Quote:
In graduate school at Notre Dame, Ruth wasn’t thinking about returning to the WNBA, where she had won two championships, twice been named Finals MVP, earned an All-Star berth, and served as vice president of the league player’s union.

One time Finals MVP. Deanna Nolan was the MVP in 2006 (Katie Smith in 2008).

root_thing

PostPosted: 12/25/16 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
Stars GM Ruth Riley: A Global Hire Raised on an Indiana Farm

https://therivardreport.com/stars-gm-ruth-riley-a-global-hire-raised-on-an-indiana-farm/

Quote:
In graduate school at Notre Dame, Ruth wasn’t thinking about returning to the WNBA, where she had won two championships, twice been named Finals MVP, earned an All-Star berth, and served as vice president of the league player’s union.

One time Finals MVP. Deanna Nolan was the MVP in 2006 (Katie Smith in 2008).

They actually fixed it. Smile
Quote:

In graduate school at Notre Dame, Ruth wasn’t thinking about returning to the WNBA, where she had won two championships, was named Finals MVP, earned an All-Star berth, and served as vice president of the league player’s union.

PostPosted: 12/25/16 5:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Angus24 wrote:

Laughing Appel let lose in her last season before she retired

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
bballgrl

PostPosted: 12/26/16 12:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Angus24 wrote:

Laughing Appel let lose in her last season before she retired

I saw on an overseas report where Adams scored 19. something points so she can still play. I bet she could have helped the Stars this past season.

Angus24

PostPosted: 12/26/16 12:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The link that Shades gave us says Adams was player of the week over in Europe so she must still be a good player. Is it possible that SAS still holds some rights to her?

Shades

PostPosted: 12/26/16 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:
The link that Shades gave us says Adams was player of the week over in Europe so she must still be a good player. Is it possible that SAS still holds some rights to her?

No, they cut her. It'd be easy enough to bring her back, but it's probably time to move on from Adams.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/26/16 1:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Adams can shoot, although her % went down her last year, but she literally rumbles up and down the floor. Defense? What's that? I don't think she could play in the W that way unless she wants to lose 50 pounds to become more mobile. Since it appears she's doing just fine making a living overseas she probably has no inclination to make the needed effort...and maybe she has a physical issue which simply won't let her lose the pounds. I can see the attraction of simply taking the Summer off.

- Amanda Gorman
root_thing

PostPosted: 12/26/16 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With each additional state that makes marijuana legal, Adams' chances of returning improve. She just needs for the WNBA and the Feds to get with the program. Wink

PostPosted: 01/16/17 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Vision That Brought Stars Coach to San Antonio

https://therivardreport.com/the-vision-that-brought-stars-coach-to-san-antonio/

Quote:
In her two-bedroom apartment in Pécs, a city founded on mountain slopes in the 2nd century, Johnson considered the possibilities. She was used to winning – the Liberty had made the playoffs six of the past seven seasons – so Johnson imagined relocating to a contending franchise. But which one? Indiana sounded good. So did Sacramento. A woman of faith, Johnson decided to ask God.

PostPosted: 01/23/17 9:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watch this space...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/23/17 10:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Watch this space...

For how long should be the question..... Question

PostPosted: 01/23/17 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Watch this space...

For how long should be the question..... Question

Shouldn't be long after teams can announce signings of UFA

Angus24

PostPosted: 01/30/17 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder if the Stars wold have any interest in bringing back Ann Wauters. She hardly got off the bench with the Sparks.At least 12 or more years ago when she was really good. Saw that she is playing in Turkey this winter. SAS could maybe use her as a backup center. She is a UFA I think.

Angus24

PostPosted: 01/30/17 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wonder if the Stars wold have any interest in bringing back Ann Wauters. She hardly got off the bench with the Sparks.At least 12 or more years ago when she was really good. Saw that she is playing in Turkey this winter. SAS could maybe use her as a backup center. She is a UFA I think.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/30/17 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Angus24 wrote:

She is if anything now non-effective . She played with the champs last year and honestly became apart of there cheer squad with the other 2 foreigners . SAS must really be desperate to go after her if so .

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I heard from another poster on here that the Stars are after DeSouza so i doubt Wauters is coming back

lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/30/17 2:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
I heard from another poster on here that the Stars are after DeSouza so i doubt Wauters is coming back

That's what I heard too.

Thought deSouza hasn't been that great since being traded from Atlanta, so I guess they are banking on her returning to that form, assuming she does sign with them.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 15, 16, 17  Next
Page 2 of 17

Jump to: