RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Chicago Sky 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26, 27, 28  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/14/16 1:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Why even write some speculative bullshit like this ?

"was Delle Donne unhappy ?"
"who knows ?"
"Were the players unhappy ?"
" Was management ?"
"But anything is possible"

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

agree. It looks like an attempt to stoke some fire. Maybe her own unhappiness about something...

So let's add to it Surprised How about a blockbuster trade? EDD to Washington for...what? Meeseman and what else? [But not sure how Wrigley would do in DC. She might have to rename him. hmmm Fedex or Verizon just don't have the same timbre.]

- Amanda Gorman
zune69

PostPosted: 12/14/16 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
zune69 wrote:

"who knows ?"
" Was management ?"

agree. It looks like an attempt to stoke some fire. Maybe her own unhappiness about something...

So let's add to it Surprised How about a blockbuster trade? EDD to Washington for...what? Meeseman and what else? [But not sure how Wrigley would do in DC. She might have to rename him. hmmm Fedex or Verizon just don't have the same timbre.]

Laughing

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 12/14/16 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
zune69 wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20161104/sports/161109312/

Quote:
I've always considered Chatman to be a popular coach with her players, a cool customer who doesn't over-manage or run a "my way-or-the-highway" operation. The respect she gave players was reciprocated.

But behind closed doors … who knows? Were the players unhappy? Was management?

More important, was Delle Donne unhappy? From the outside, it didn't seem like it. But anything is possible. And as the face of the franchise, Delle Donne certainly would have Alter's ear and devotion.

This was a quote from Patricia Babcock-McGraw. Seems she thinks EDD had a hand in the firing of Pokey Chateman.

Personally for me, that would be a surprise and I cannot believe that it is true.

"who knows ?"
" Was management ?"

I have a fear this is going to tear up a very good team. The way the owner is handling this is not good. What Babcock-McGraw is publicly stating is not helping and is very juvenile.

I just listened to Amber talk at the press conference when she was talking about the team she had a very low key statement on EDD. "Elena Delle Donne played quality minutes". That is hardly a pat on the back.

I agree....if the owner was media savvy or just had some common sense,they'd make a clear statement to the media that Delle Donne had no influence on the Chatman firing.

Maybe because there may be some truth in it? Ever consider that? And didn't we talk about this before?

PostPosted: 12/14/16 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
I agree....if the owner was media savvy or just had some common sense,they'd make a clear statement to the media that Delle Donne had no influence on the Chatman firing.

It wouldn't change anyone's opinion. The Dream denied that Angel had anything to do with Marynell Meadors being fired. The people who thought she did went right on believing it.

PostPosted: 12/14/16 9:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:

Maybe because there may be some truth in it? Ever consider that?

This is irrelevant.Delle Donne will be A URF in the very near future.Alienating the franchise player is bad for business.It's in the best interest of chicago's future that they show EDD as much support as possible.

pilight wrote:

It wouldn't change anyone's opinion. The Dream denied that Angel had anything to do with Marynell Meadors being fired. The people who thought she did went right on believing it.

The public's(Rebkell) opinion didn't change,but I bet Angel's loyalty for the Dream grew stronger.

If EDD feels that she's being hung out to dry by chicago management,her future in the "windy city" will be in doubt.New York/Connecticut will definitely be on EDD radar when she becomes a free agent.

sigur3

PostPosted: 12/14/16 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's all good, everyone eventually leaves Chicago anyway...

Richyyy

PostPosted: 12/14/16 10:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Barring something unlikely, the earliest Delle Donne will be an unrestricted free agent is 2023. So that's probably not a huge consideration for anyone at this point.

PostPosted: 12/15/16 12:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm pretty sure Delle Donne knows she can leave whenever she wants. Even she probably had some awareness of the Fowles situation. Plus Cappie has experience in that area. But there's nothing that I can see to indicate that she wants to leave.

I remember back when Pokey was first fired, neither Cappie nor Delle Donne tweeted any sort of sentiments positive or negative about it. And they're both heavy twitter users. But rookie Boyette expressed sorrow. I suppose they could have privately shown support, but it's usually the thing to do it publicly on social media. I thought that might help support the notion that Delle Donne and Cappie were okay with Pokey leaving. Not necessarily true but it does seem odd not to say something.

It's a fairly significant risk ejecting an experienced WNBA coach who is a decent player developer. They didn't have anybody in mind for the job when they moved on from Pokey. And then they finally decide on someone with no head coaching experience. There had to be some driving force behind it.

Could money have been an issue?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
zune69

PostPosted: 12/15/16 6:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
Barring something unlikely, the earliest Delle Donne will be an unrestricted free agent is 2023. So that's probably not a huge consideration for anyone at this point.

Damn,2023 ?.......well,Delle Donne can always take a page from Fowles,Dupree,Pondexter,Little etc.....

Shades wrote:

I remember back when Pokey was first fired, neither Cappie nor Delle Donne tweeted any sort of sentiments positive or negative about it. And they're both heavy twitter users. But rookie Boyette expressed sorrow. I suppose they could have privately shown support, but it's usually the thing to do it publicly on social media. I thought that might help support the notion that Delle Donne and Cappie were okay with Pokey leaving. Not necessarily true but it does seem odd not to say something.

This never crossed my mind.....There was a mid-season stretch where Cappie played less than 18 minutes in 4 out of 6 games.I'm sure Pondexter was not thrilled being reduced to the 6th or 7th option.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 12/15/16 11:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do not think EDD would force a trade, so I'm not suggesting that, but it would be harder for her to do than others because she doesn't play overseas, therefor she doesn't have an overseas income. I'm sure she makes a ton from her endorsement, but they are all predicated on her being a professional basketball player, so sitting out wouldn't be a good look for those deals.

I also do not believe Chicago would trade her period, they would have to be crazy or have some serious behind the scenes issues, but it did lead me to wonder,

Does EDD have the highest trade value in the league, based on what she brings to the floor, age, and marketability? The only concern would be health related issues, but I think if you were ranking trade value as an asset she might be at the top of the list.

The only other competitor for top of trade value list IMO would be Maya Moore, but I think EDD being a slightly more unique player because of her size, and being a little younger than Maya gives her the top spot.

My trade value rankings would look something like this

EDD
M. Moore
N. Ogwumike
Stewart
Griner
Parker
Charles
McCoughtry
Fowles
Loyd

Some of the greats such as Bird, DT, Pondexter, Whalen, Augustus etc value's are hurt simply because of their age. The fact that there are not any true guards on my list until #10 explains team USA's reluctance to move on from the Vets this past Olympics IMO. Though a healthy Diggins or D-Rob is probably just outside of the top 10.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/16/16 12:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Your list is pretty good, but personally I think Maya should probably be at the top primarily because of the health questions. But any team would be excited to have either one of them for sure. And many would probably put Stewie ahead of Nneka.

sigur3

PostPosted: 12/16/16 1:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

Shades wrote:

This never crossed my mind.....There was a mid-season stretch where Cappie played less than 18 minutes in 4 out of 6 games.I'm sure Pondexter was not thrilled being reduced to the 6th or 7th option.

She probably wasn't, but she was playing like shit up until that point, so it was entirely justified.

sigur3

PostPosted: 01/23/17 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Watch this space too...

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/23/17 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Watch this space too...
Shocked

PostPosted: 01/23/17 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Watch this space too...
Shocked

Very Happy

PostPosted: 01/23/17 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Watch this space too...

I can't believe that you hyped up Kelly Schumacher-Raimon becoming the Development Coach/Advanced Scout... Wink

sigur3

PostPosted: 01/23/17 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Watch this space too...

I can't believe that you hyped up Kelly Schumacher-Raimon becoming the Development Coach/Advanced Scout... Wink

It was just to throw people off the trail.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/23/17 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
lynxmania wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
Watch this space too...

It was just to throw people off the trail.

I see your tricks! Laughing

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 01/30/17 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As of right now (but I won't be surprised if one or more of Sloot, Pondexter, Quigley or Young end up getting traded).

Sloot/Faulkner
Pondexter/Quigley
Young/Copper/Laney
Dolson/Breland/Dos Santos
Boyette/Parker

#2 and #9

UK1996

PostPosted: 01/30/17 9:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So with the acquisition of Dolson, I dont see the Sky resigning DeSouza. With Dolson's passing ability, I expect to see a lot of High-Low game between her and Boyette. This team isn't going to contend, but I'm not sure they are lottery bound either.
PG: Vandersloot/ Faulkner
SG: Pondexter/Quigley/Plum or Deshields
SF: Copper/Young
PF: Dolson/Breland/Dos Santos or #9
C: Boyette/Parker

PostPosted: 01/30/17 10:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
So with the acquisition of Dolson, I dont see the Sky resigning DeSouza. With Dolson's passing ability, I expect to see a lot of High-Low game between her and Boyette. This team isn't going to contend, but I'm not sure they are lottery bound either.
PG: Vandersloot/ Faulkner
SG: Pondexter/Quigley/Plum or Deshields
SF: Copper/Young
PF: Dolson/Breland/Dos Santos or #9
C: Boyette/Parker

What a shitty looking basketball team Laughing Laughing Laughing

Chicago needs to make more trades.And no way in hell should Dolson be starting over Breland.

Last edited by zune69 on 01/30/17 10:25 pm; edited 1 time in total
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/30/17 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
What a shitty looking basketball team Laughing.

Come on zune, too early. Laughing

PostPosted: 01/30/17 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Yeah,your right.It's too early to count chicago out.They have enough talent to compete for a playoff spot.And if they make one big trade(MCcoughtry,Bonner) I can see them being a top 6 seed.

Last edited by zune69 on 01/30/17 10:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/30/17 10:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
zune69 wrote:

They look like an expansion team

PostPosted: 01/30/17 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Pokey were still coaching the team, that would look a lot better. People don't give her nearly enough credit for the way they competed without EDD last season and the greatest strength of that roster is the PG position, which Pokey got the most out of. The 3 guard lineups couldn't defend for shit, but it was the best way for that roster to be playing.

With Stocks, that might be completely out the window. Whether Dolson starts at the 4 or at the 5 over Boyette, how many minutes Breland/Young get, if Sloot/Faulkner play together for stretches, etc. is all unknown.

The good news is that this is the right season to miss the playoffs, and the Sky are already off to a great start! Wilson/Mitchell 2018!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 26, 27, 28  Next
Page 4 of 28

Jump to: