Board Junkies Forums

Connecticut Sun 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sigur3

PostPosted: 09/28/16 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
toad455 wrote:
forgot about Alleyne when originally posting their potential 2017 roster.

PG: JThomas/Banham
SG: Bentley/Stricklen/CWilliams
SF: AThomas/Tuck
PF: Ogwumike/Little/Alleyne
C: Jones/Henry

My guess is Hightower will be there and Little will not. Stricklen maybe. Faris maybe just because she seems to hang around no matter what. Anyway Stricklen is not a SG and Tuck is perhaps an SF for a few (very few) minutes against certain lineups but will primarily play post. I see her as a younger Little-like player, though not as good yet.

Yes, I think she'll be replacing Little sooner or later.

defenseallday

PostPosted: 09/28/16 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What happen to the Sun's first round pick ?

Shades

PostPosted: 09/28/16 7:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

defenseallday wrote:

They traded it and Chelsea Gray for #6 and #17 (I think it was) in 2017

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
defenseallday

PostPosted: 09/28/16 8:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
defenseallday wrote:

Why ?

Did number 6 turn out to be any good ?

Shades

PostPosted: 09/28/16 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

defenseallday wrote:
Shades wrote:
defenseallday wrote:

Why ?

Did number 6 turn out to be any good ?

Looking good, J Jones.
Definitely better than Amber Harris.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/13/16 2:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cox Named Vice President of Sun

http://sun.wnba.com/news/cox-named-vice-president-sun-black-wolves/

Quote:
Mohegan Sun announced today that Amber Cox has been named Vice President of the Connecticut Sun and New England Black Wolves.

PostPosted: 11/19/16 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jonquel Jones doing well in Korea

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/05/16 9:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yesterday we had a media event, unfortunately for Coach Miller the opening of the team report consisted of:

Chiney had surgery, will be out 6-9 months, will be treated conservatively
Tuck is recovering nicely
Banham is recovering nicely
Hightower is recovering nicely....

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 12/05/16 12:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Yesterday we had a media event, unfortunately for Coach Miller the opening of the team report consisted of:

I hope Hightower is recovering nicely since she's playing in Israel

PostPosted: 12/05/16 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

Nope she left. She's back home.

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 12/05/16 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

OK. Maybe it's not going so nicely then Confused

PostPosted: 12/07/16 10:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe the Sun should ship Chiney & Banham to whichever team drafts Kelsey Plum for her and another player. Plum is like Banham but without the constant injuries and Banham clearly never wanted to be in CT anyways so...

Chiney has been injured for 50% of her WNBA career. The Sun have had enough injury problems to last a life time. Plus they have Jillian Alleyne coming in this season who is supposed to be really really good no?

Hightower is done. But if she comes into camp and plays well, do they keep her over Stricklen who has yet to do anything in the WNBA? At least Hightower was an all-star one year, what has Stricklen ever done? Or does Hightower replace Kelly Faris? Doubt it. The Sun are totally in love with Faris and like keeping their fans happy. If Faris could score, she'd be very useful to the Sun but she hasn't been a scorer in either her college career (except her senior season) or with 4 full years with the Sun.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/07/16 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Maybe the Sun should ship Chiney & Banham to whichever team drafts Kelsey Plum for her and another player. Plum is like Banham but without the constant injuries and Banham clearly never wanted to be in CT anyways so...

Chiney has been injured for 50% of her WNBA career. The Sun have had enough injury problems to last a life time. Plus they have Jillian Alleyne coming in this season who is supposed to be really really good no?

Hightower is done. But if she comes into camp and plays well, do they keep her over Stricklen who has yet to do anything in the WNBA? At least Hightower was an all-star one year, what has Stricklen ever done? Or does Hightower replace Kelly Faris? Doubt it. The Sun are totally in love with Faris and like keeping their fans happy. If Faris could score, she'd be very useful to the Sun but she hasn't been a scorer in either her college career (except her senior season) or with 4 full years with the Sun.

No, no, wrong, and no some more.

shontay33

PostPosted: 12/07/16 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just read that Alison Hightower played in a game on December 5. Anyway, the game that I seen, Hightower actually looked good. If the Sun don't pick her up, I'm sure that another team will give her a shot.

dtsnms wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

dtsnms

PostPosted: 12/07/16 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

shontay33 wrote:
Just read that Alison Hightower played in a game on December 5. Anyway, the game that I seen, Hightower actually looked good. If the Sun don't pick her up, I'm sure that another team will give her a shot.

dtsnms wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
dtsnms wrote:

She's under contract with Connecticut; maybe she went back. As of this Sunday when I talked to Curt Miller, she was back from Israel and they did not know if she was going to return.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/07/16 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If you read aWhom's updates, he mentions that the boxes are often incorrect about who is playing...so if you can read an actual article (probably in Hebrew) that says she is playing that would be more reliable than just going from a box.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 12/27/16 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
“Last year was a challenging year for our team, but it was absolutely worth it because we found our identity: chemistry,” Ogwumike added. “I love every person on our roster, and that chemistry is our greatest strength. We played our best when we shared the ball and relied on each other on both ends of the court. I know next season will be our year.”

http://www.excellesports.com/news/connecticut-sun-chiney-ogwumike-wnba/

Slight to Bone? Chemistry is better now?

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 01/22/17 11:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sun are still counting on Alba Torrens to come over this year. I think that is doubtful to ever happen. Should the Sun just give up her rights and move on? Also, what's the 411 on Allison Hightower? I feel like the Sun should just move on from her as well. They have Asia Taylor lighting it up in Australia now. Does anyone think she's worth keeping on the team? She's definately a better guard than Faris or Stricklen. They also have Jillian Alleyne coming in who was a great player in college no? I don't know much about her. But with Ogwumike out for part or all of the season, does anyone think she has a legit shot at making the roster? Is she any good?

toad455

PostPosted: 01/22/17 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Until she actually signs with the Sun, I doubt Torrens is coming over. Hightower's a mystery. Someone will give Asia Taylor a shot, just might not be the Sun.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/22/17 11:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seriously how long does the sun continue to waste a roster spot on faris?

PostPosted: 01/22/17 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Agreed. She's only there because shes a fan favorite. wasn't last year the final year of rookie contract? They would have to sign her to a higher paying deal this year no?

Shades

PostPosted: 01/22/17 12:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Asia Taylor is a tweener PF, and tweener PFs tend to do well in Australia (Kelsey Griffin). Unfortunately Australia is not much of a gage for performance in the WNBA. It can be a confidence booster for the player.

CON already has a more versatile tweener PF in Alyssa Thomas, plus they probably have first dibs on Kelsey Griffin if she should return. I'm not sure they really need another tweener in Taylor. I suppose she's a possibility if CON runs out of other possibilities. Taylor hasn't developed guard skills as far as I know, so that kind of kills her value in the WNBA.

Alleyne will be a total mystery, but I'll be surprised if she's all that out of the gate. It was probably a good thing they were able to pick her up in the trade, just in case.

Torrens? Not sure what you mean by "give up her rights". Trade them? Why do that? Probably wouldn't get near what they could be potentially worth. It'd be kinda like giving up your rights to Cambage. Pretty sure Torrens doesn't specifically have a problem with CON. It's more of a WNBA thing. If you offered Laimbeer (or whoever) the rights to Torrens for a third round pick, I'm sure he'd snap it up. Although, a third round pick in 2018 could hold some gems if you have enough space on your roster to culture those gems.

Last edited by Shades on 01/22/17 12:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 01/22/17 12:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Agreed. She's only there because shes a fan favorite. wasn't last year the final year of rookie contract? They would have to sign her to a higher paying deal this year no?

Sounds like she's a coach favorite too. But she'll be off the rookie contract and the coach who loves her now has to negotiate her to play for as little as possible. There's a small chance another team that values defense could give her a low ball offer.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 01/22/17 12:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:

Sounds like she's a coach favorite too. But she'll be off the rookie contract and the coach who loves her now has to negotiate her to play for as little as possible. There's a small chance another team that values defense could give her a low ball offer.

Doesn't Faris kind of fit the description of the type of guard Laimbeer likes? On the other hand, Coach Miller has already said he wants to make as little changes to his roster as possible because he wants continuity, unless he can get a good free agent.

I agree with what you said about Alleyne, she is a complete mystery and if she does make the final Sun roster, I could see her coming along kinda slowly with limited minutes as well until she's comfortable with the system and comfortable with her knee. I hope she impresses in camp because I'd like to see what she can do, and with Ogwumike out, she has a small window of opportunity to make an impact. I can see her maybe playing 8-10 minutes per game like JJ did for most of last season to get her feet wet in the WNBA.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 01/22/17 1:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Asia Taylor is a tweener PF, and tweener PFs tend to do well in Australia (Kelsey Griffin). Unfortunately Australia is not much of a gage for performance in the WNBA. It can be a confidence booster for the player.

CON already has a more versatile tweener PF in Alyssa Thomas, plus they probably have first dibs on Kelsey Griffin if she should return. I'm not sure they really need another tweener in Taylor. I suppose she's a possibility if CON runs out of other possibilities. Taylor hasn't developed guard skills as far as I know, so that kind of kills her value in the WNBA.

Alleyne will be a total mystery, but I'll be surprised if she's all that out of the gate. It was probably a good thing they were able to pick her up in the trade, just in case.

Torrens? Not sure what you mean by "give up her rights". Trade them? Why do that? Probably wouldn't get near what they could be potentially worth. It'd be kinda like giving up your rights to Cambage. Pretty sure Torrens doesn't specifically have a problem with CON. It's more of a WNBA thing. If you offered Laimbeer (or whoever) the rights to Torrens for a third round pick, I'm sure he'd snap it up. Although, a third round pick in 2018 could hold some gems if you have enough space on your roster to culture those gems.

Well, Asia Taylor at 6'1 is more of a guard/forward like Shekinna Stricklen who is 6'2. I believe Taylor would certainly be an upgrade to Stricklen. Do you agree?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 2 of 18

Jump to: