2017 WNBA Free Agents
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 01/18/17 11:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Danaejah Grant Inks Pro Contract with Turkish Team

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/011817aaa.html

Quote:
“This contract means a new start for me,” Grant said. “I am in a league with higher competition now that will be preparing me to try to make it back to the WNBA. This opportunity came about through my agent, William Lovett, who has worked tremendously hard since I signed with him to put me in the best position for my career.”

Quote:
Following her standout senior campaign, Grant became the fourth-ever Johnny selected in the WNBA Draft when the Washington Mystics selected her 31st overall. Despite playing in both preseason games for the Mystics, Grant was not named to the opening day roster.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/19/17 12:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

root_thing wrote:
Lastly, Barbee and Alleyne are technically entitled to re-enter the draft if they don't sign their qualifying offers. That's definitely a different kettle of fish.

As I remember, only if they don't play anywhere professionally for the 12 months after they were initially drafted. I don't know if either is playing overseas, but if they are then they can't re-enter the draft (I believe).

PostPosted: 01/19/17 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
root_thing wrote:
Lastly, Barbee and Alleyne are technically entitled to re-enter the draft if they don't sign their qualifying offers. That's definitely a different kettle of fish.

As I remember, only if they don't play anywhere professionally for the 12 months after they were initially drafted. I don't know if either is playing overseas, but if they are then they can't re-enter the draft (I believe).

That's my understanding too, but I didn't think either was playing overseas. However, I just checked and Barbee is playing in Spain so she's definitely going to Liberty camp. Not that I can think of anyone who has actually re-entered the draft. For now, it seems like an interesting technicality, but not yet relevant.

PostPosted: 01/19/17 2:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Somehow the defending champion Sparks have three starters who are unrestricted FAs. I don't know what the market is for Beard or Carson, but you have to think Toliver can go pretty much wherever she wants.

PostPosted: 01/19/17 4:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Somehow the defending champion Sparks have three starters who are unrestricted FAs. I don't know what the market is for Beard or Carson, but you have to think Toliver can go pretty much wherever she wants.

All returning no need to even think they are leaving LaLA LAND especially toliver. The most intriguing player of the 3 is Beard she could have geographical ties elsewhere.

PostPosted: 01/19/17 4:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

All returning no need to even think they are leaving LaLA LAND especially toliver. The most intriguing player of the 3 is Beard she could have geographical ties elsewhere.

Beard and Coleman own a pizza franchise in Roanoke, VA

pilight

PostPosted: 01/19/17 5:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

They all have geographical ties elsewhere

PostPosted: 01/19/17 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Carson would be an immediate upgrade at the 3 for :
San Antonio pending this years draft and position juggling,
Connecticut pending next years draft,
Chicago but very pending ~resolving wtf chaos/rumors/whatevs,

while LA already has a jersey and a plan for her, someday Beard retires, Carson keeps doing what she's doing.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/19/17 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bear in mind that while the Carson who played a very specific role for LA, as the fifth starter surrounded by superstars, might be a significant upgrade for several teams - the Essence Carson who was mediocre for such an extended period in New York that fans just kinda shrugged when she walked away wouldn't make much impact for anybody.

I'd expect all three to stay, assuming none of them walk off into the sunset entirely. Who was the last player that LA would've wanted to keep if possible, who left the Sparks as a free agent?

PostPosted: 01/19/17 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Danaejah Grant Inks Pro Contract with Turkish Team

http://www.redstormsports.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/011817aaa.html

Quote:
“This contract means a new start for me,” Grant said. “I am in a league with higher competition now that will be preparing me to try to make it back to the WNBA. This opportunity came about through my agent, William Lovett, who has worked tremendously hard since I signed with him to put me in the best position for my career.”

Quote:
Following her standout senior campaign, Grant became the fourth-ever Johnny selected in the WNBA Draft when the Washington Mystics selected her 31st overall. Despite playing in both preseason games for the Mystics, Grant was not named to the opening day roster.

Very Happy

Go get 'em, Nae!

PostPosted: 01/19/17 9:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Beard has said she's returning.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/20/17 12:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Do you seriously see beard or coleman going back to DC for there restaurant?

PostPosted: 01/20/17 12:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:
Shades wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Do you seriously see beard or coleman going back to DC for there restaurant?

I don't have an opinion in the matter. I was just helping you out with an example of a "geographical tie".

pilight

PostPosted: 01/21/17 8:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
http://www.wnba.com/core-reserved-restricted-unrestricted-2017/

Note that this still isn't linked to the front page of .com

PostPosted: 01/21/17 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

note sure how you even found it. tried searching under a few different things and nothing comes up. Sad they don't have this listed on the front page.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 01/21/17 10:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In the category of tweener turned superhero in the WNBL

merlina

PostPosted: 01/21/17 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

note sure how you even found it. tried searching under a few different things and nothing comes up. Sad they don't have this listed on the front page.

On the home page under "Players," there's a partial list under "Player Movement Central" and it has a link to the complete list.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/21/17 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

merlina wrote:
toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

On the home page under "Players," there's a partial list under "Player Movement Central" and it has a link to the complete list.

interesting that under the 'Player Movement Center" they only list the those that played in 2016. that removes several players from the full list. Players not on the main list are Abdi, Ayayi, Joo, Ndongue, Tolo, Pederson & Asia Taylor. Be interesting to see if any of these return for 2017.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/22/17 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

I asked the Storm folks. Tweeted it our where folks picked it up.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/22/17 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
sigur3 wrote:

That has truly pissed me off. By attaching a year to it you can't even have a bookmark. The WNBA needs to figure out if they want to be a sports league or an entertainment league. A sports league caters to ardent fans by providing information for the fans to dissect and discuss.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/22/17 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Most people probably found it because it's the exact same URL as last year except with 2017 instead of 2016. Although for no good reason they've now removed the 2016 version.

PostPosted: 01/22/17 9:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
WNBA 09 wrote:
pilight wrote:

Beard has said she's returning.

I really don't see Toliver leaving and it looks like Essence is planning on returning: https://www.instagram.com/p/BPfx3nDA-YA/

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 01/22/17 11:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So what's the diffence between being a reserve or restricted free agent?

I rather have Tolo back than Gruda as backup post player. I wouldn't mind seeing Jelena D and Ana Dabovic resigned.

root_thing

PostPosted: 01/23/17 1:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:

I rather have Tolo back than Gruda as backup post player. I wouldn't mind seeing Jelena D and Ana Dabovic resigned.

Reserve players are not free agents. They can't talk to any team other than their current one.

PostPosted: 01/23/17 6:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:

Indeed, it will be interesting to see if Tolo comes back. I still like Gruda's game and believe the connection she's building with Lav will be quite beneficial. Jelena had some good minutes when she got them (rarely) and Ana seemed to have taken a step back from 2015. The chemistry in LA was so good that in theory, I would love to see everyone back, but they definitely need folks that Coach will play.

Btw, can someone tell me the root of the idea that Toliver won't re-sign with LA? I'm not "hearing" it as strongly here as other places, but it really doesn't make sense...finally getting that 'ship, great team chemistry and she plays a critically important role on the squad. They depend on her and with Gray, have gotten her help at the PG spot. I've seen speculation about her going to Phx, I suppose because she is playing with BG and DT but her role is greatly reduced in Russia and I don't get a sense of how connected she really feels to them. She seems to be an extremely loyal person and between hearing her at the post championship celebration sharing how she ended up in LA and remembering her talk about being in tears when having to leave her team when she was trying to help Slovakia qualify for the World championships (I believe), I don't see her leaving. With Riquna being healthy and rumors about D. Rob coming to LA, she can comfortably move over to the 2 and play her natural position. We shall see!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
Page 5 of 13

Jump to: