RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 12/13/16 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Parker on Nneka:
http://www.espn.com/espnw/culture/impact25/article/18229585/candace-parker-2016-impact25-honoree-nneka-ogwumike

- Amanda Gorman
jap

PostPosted: 12/13/16 1:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Parker on Nneka:
http://www.espn.com/espnw/culture/impact25/article/18229585/candace-parker-2016-impact25-honoree-nneka-ogwumike

Batwoman on Batwoman, what else would we expect? I'm really hoping Marianna Tolo and Riquana make it back as we could use a stronger bench to cut down on the starters' times. I like how Nneka gets Candace to open up a bit more rather than remain a reclusive star.

PostPosted: 12/13/16 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Parker on Nneka:

Batwoman on Batwoman, what else would we expect? I'm really hoping Marianna Tolo and Riquana make it back as we could use a stronger bench to cut down on the starters' times. I like how Nneka gets Candace to open up a bit more rather than remain a reclusive star.

Ditto!

myt

PostPosted: 12/13/16 7:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Parker on Nneka:

Thanks for sharing the link Cool

PostPosted: 12/13/16 8:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
I'm really hoping Marianna Tolo and Riquana make it back as we could use a stronger bench to cut down on the starters' times.

They had good players on that bench this year. You could combine the Sparks and Lynx rosters and Agler would somehow contrive a way to come out of it with a seven-player rotation. For all his obvious qualities as a head coach, making use of his bench and developing a deep rotation are not on the list.

PostPosted: 12/14/16 1:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
jap wrote:
I'm really hoping Marianna Tolo and Riquana make it back as we could use a stronger bench to cut down on the starters' times.

They had good players on that bench this year. You could combine the Sparks and Lynx rosters and Agler would somehow contrive a way to come out of it with a seven-player rotation. For all his obvious qualities as a head coach, making use of his bench and developing a deep rotation are not on the list.

True Laughing but he likes defense, he doesnt want his MVP guarding the top post the whole game so i think he will find minutes for Tolo easier then for Wauters/Gruda

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 12/14/16 6:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
jap wrote:

True Laughing but he likes defense, he doesnt want his MVP guarding the top post the whole game so i think he will find minutes for Tolo easier then for Wauters/Gruda

Indeed Laughing I know he has a history of short rotations but wonder if that will continue if we get Tolo back, Williams and even if they keep it the same with Lav and Chelsea coming off the bench, the team would have some really solid experienced players that should be able to keep the offense flowing. I'm still hoping they will find a way to integrate Gruda more bc she is skilled, a solid defender and should return the same time as Lav (both playing for Fenerbahce).

Michelle89

PostPosted: 12/14/16 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if Williams will get a similar role that Abrosimova had on the 2010 Storm team. Williams takes a lot of risks. She will have her bad games and her good games just like Svetty

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy

PostPosted: 12/14/16 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
jap wrote:

Indeed Laughing I know he has a history of short rotations but wonder if that will continue if we get Tolo back, Williams and even if they keep it the same with Lav and Chelsea coming off the bench, the team would have some really solid experienced players that should be able to keep the offense flowing. I'm still hoping they will find a way to integrate Gruda more bc she is skilled, a solid defender and should return the same time as Lav (both playing for Fenerbahce).

It's an awfully long time since Gruda was of any real use on a WNBA roster. She seems to play like she's on vacation when she occasionally shows up in the US. Also, unlike Lavender, she has EuroBasket Women 2017 to worry about in June.

PostPosted: 12/14/16 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Richyyy wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Richyyy wrote:
jap wrote:

It's an awfully long time since Gruda was of any real use on a WNBA roster. She seems to play like she's on vacation when she occasionally shows up in the US. Also, unlike Lavender, she has EuroBasket Women 2017 to worry about in June.

Yeah, I hear you about Gruda. I was hoping it was because often the Euro season is such that she gets to camp late and the coaches haven't found the best way to integrate her. I mean she plays great overseas. While Lav is money in the paint and her and Lav make a good tandem, Gruda is definitely starting over her.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 01/20/17 8:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So happy to see this: http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/18514647/president-obama-pens-congratulatory-letter-los-angeles-sparks

pilight

PostPosted: 01/20/17 8:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WfanFrJmp wrote:
So happy to see this: http://www.espn.com/wnba/story/_/id/18514647/president-obama-pens-congratulatory-letter-los-angeles-sparks

Too bad the Sparks won't get to visit the White House

PostPosted: 01/20/17 10:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thoughtful of Obama to pen a letter to the Sparks since they couldn't find time to visit the WH.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/20/17 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Quote:
It isn't clear whether the Sparks will be invited to the White House for recognition from President Trump. It is the White House's job to extend the invitation.

"I'm not even sure what's going to happen next summer," Ogwumike said.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 01/20/17 10:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
Thoughtful of Obama to pen a letter to the Sparks since they couldn't find time to visit the WH.

It's traditionally done during the following season, like when the team road trips to DC for a game against the Mystics.

jap

PostPosted: 01/20/17 10:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Of course, the Sparks could always storm the White House and take control for a single day. We could even allow Lailaa to be the President for that day. Very Happy

PostPosted: 01/20/17 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:
WfanFrJmp wrote:

Quote:
It isn't clear whether the Sparks will be invited to the White House for recognition from President Trump. It is the White House's job to extend the invitation.

"I'm not even sure what's going to happen next summer," Ogwumike said.

Even if Trump invited the Sparks at the White House, I could imagine it would seem a bit strange to some of the players. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 01/20/17 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Libra_Girl wrote:

It's traditionally done during the following season, like when the team road trips to DC for a game against the Mystics.
I know when wnba teams usually go. I was talking about the article and how LA wanted to visit the WH while Obama was still the President.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/20/17 2:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I wonder if pilight knows if that's ever been done before. What if they could have gotten in with Obama, and then later Trump invites them. Then they get two trips to the White House, or do they insult Trump by saying they already got the visit they wanted? Might hurt your chances should they be lucky enough to win future championships.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 02/02/17 8:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some bad news for Sparks fans:

Quote:
Tolo is enjoying an all-star season with the Capitals, leading the team to the cusp of the finals and being named in the team of the week on Tuesday for the sixth time this year.
But the marquee centre has set her sights on another stint in Europe as she aims to make the most of her career while she's still young.
The 27-year-old will bypass a season with the Los Angeles Sparks in the WNBA to give her body time to refresh before playing in Europe.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/canberra-capitals-star-marianna-tolo-eyes-europe-stint-after-wnbl-finals-bid-20170131-gu28s3.html

PostPosted: 02/03/17 12:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Some bad news for Sparks fans:

Quote:
Tolo is enjoying an all-star season with the Capitals, leading the team to the cusp of the finals and being named in the team of the week on Tuesday for the sixth time this year.
But the marquee centre has set her sights on another stint in Europe as she aims to make the most of her career while she's still young.
The 27-year-old will bypass a season with the Los Angeles Sparks in the WNBA to give her body time to refresh before playing in Europe.

http://www.smh.com.au/sport/basketball/canberra-capitals-star-marianna-tolo-eyes-europe-stint-after-wnbl-finals-bid-20170131-gu28s3.html

Dammit! She is screwing with our plans for world domination!!!

PostPosted: 02/03/17 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

On the surface this seems like terrible news. Then you realize, it's just Marianna Tolo.

PostPosted: 02/03/17 11:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
On the surface this seems like terrible news. Then you realize, it's just Marianna Tolo.

Exactly. This is a whole lotta "who cares news". She is soooo easily replaceable and the Sparks haven't lost anything here at all.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/03/17 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

Exactly. This is a whole lotta "who cares news". She is soooo easily replaceable and the Sparks haven't lost anything here at all.

Hmm dont know about that. Tolo would be a solid defensive option off the bench which would allow Nneka Ogwumike some rest on the defensive end and not get in foul trouble so much..

We all saw that Agler only trusted Lavender off the bench. Her and Tolo would be a solid bench rotation IMO. Lavender for offensive purposes and Tolo focusses on the defensive end

boom*NNEKA*nneka

PostPosted: 02/03/17 3:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:

Hmm dont know about that. Tolo would be a solid defensive option off the bench which would allow Nneka Ogwumike some rest on the defensive end and not get in foul trouble so much..

We all saw that Agler only trusted Lavender off the bench. Her and Tolo would be a solid bench rotation IMO. Lavender for offensive purposes and Tolo focusses on the defensive end

Agreed. Tolo had a very solid season with the Sparks. She is solid to very good defender and an underrated passer from the high post. Her and Lavender worked very well together.

I would think that with Tolo out, this means Gruda is a near-lock to come back, although not sure how European qualifying play would affect her availability. I really hope that if she comes back, Agler uses her more. She can be very useful on both ends of the floor.

I just need to hear that Toliver is coming back!! I am checking my Twitter and this board multiple times throughout the day for updates, but nothing doing. She is so important to the team.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 6 of 21

Jump to: