RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums
 
Log in Register FAQ Memberlist Search RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index

jeopardy!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10760
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/14/16 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And she does it again! Leading 14,600-14,400, she wagered 14,200, allowing her competitor a chance to tie w/ a correct answer and an all-in bet.

Didn't happen though. Challenger wagered 5,000 and answered incorrectly.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.


Last edited by cthskzfn on 10/15/16 1:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 10/14/16 10:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
pilight wrote:
Trebek called one the contestants a loser last night. Of course she won in a runaway...


Come on, he was joking about her being into Nerd Rap. She laughed and agreed with him.


I think she was laughing it off because what else can you do? Snipe back at him? Call him an asshole to his smug, pretentious face? Because he *is* most definitely a smug, pretentious, obnoxious, condescending, smarmbucket- especially to female contestants.

And as pilight pointed out, victory is the best revenge. (Though if it was a runaway, after that exchange I'd be tempted to bet 0 and write "Suck it, Trebek" as my FJ answer. Fortunately, he wasn't quite that much of a douche to me.)



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4950



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/08/16 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
“Do you have any idea how long it typically takes between an in-person interview and the taping date?” Stowell asked in a message to “Jeopardy!” contestant producer Maggie Speak.


“I ask because I just found out that I don’t have too much longer to live. The doctor’s best guess is about six months,” Stowell wrote.


Crying or Very sad


http://fox59.com/2016/12/08/jeopardy-contestant-dies-before-show-airs/


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57524
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/08/16 9:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know how far ahead they tape the Clue Crew segments, but Kelly Miyahara was barely showing her baby bump last night. Her son was born last week.



_________________
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab your vial
toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17638



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/08/16 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
I don't know how far ahead they tape the Clue Crew segments, but Kelly Miyahara was barely showing her baby bump last night. Her son was born last week.


not sure about when they tape their shows, but I believe they tape 4-5 shows a day(M-F) for about a 5-6 week stretch at a time(roughly 100 episodes per taping schedule).



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6814



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/08/16 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
I don't know how far ahead they tape the Clue Crew segments, but Kelly Miyahara was barely showing her baby bump last night. Her son was born last week.


not sure about when they tape their shows, but I believe they tape 4-5 shows a day(M-F) for about a 5-6 week stretch at a time(roughly 100 episodes per taping schedule).


Yeah, one of the champions said it begins to be an endurance test for the champion since they have to do so many shows in a day and then repeat it for the whole week.


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4950



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/08/16 8:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

From another article:

Quote:
She was selected and show producers kept their word, scheduling the taping of her appearance three weeks after the audition on August 31.


http://www.cnn.com/2016/12/07/entertainment/jeopardy-contest-dies-trnd/index.html


toad455



Joined: 16 Nov 2005
Posts: 17638



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/08/16 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ICYMI, the episode is airing on Tuesday, Dec. 13.



_________________
LET'S GO LIBERTY!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/08/16 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
pilight wrote:
I don't know how far ahead they tape the Clue Crew segments, but Kelly Miyahara was barely showing her baby bump last night. Her son was born last week.


not sure about when they tape their shows, but I believe they tape 4-5 shows a day(M-F) for about a 5-6 week stretch at a time(roughly 100 episodes per taping schedule).


Two days of taping per week. I'd have to cross-reference people's schedules to determine the length of the taping schedule.



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57524
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/12/16 8:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The current champ is the luckiest guy I've seen. Seven wins and he's been behind going into final on almost all of them.



_________________
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab your vial
justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7071
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/12/16 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The current champ is the luckiest guy I've seen. Seven wins and he's been behind going into final on almost all of them.

He has got to be the best I've seen at knowing what to wager in final jeopardy.



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
RM619



Joined: 25 Sep 2004
Posts: 958
Location: Southern Calif.


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/13/16 11:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

And she takes him down. Great story. Could not have scripted it any better.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7071
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/15/16 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, that was a "Funny Aneurysm" Moment tonight.

Alex Trebek: "And our Champion is still alive with 5300 going into Final Jeopardy."



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4950



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/16/16 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Well, that was a "Funny Aneurysm" Moment tonight.

Alex Trebek: "And our Champion is still alive with 5300 going into Final Jeopardy."


That was pretty bad. Shocked



Would be nice if Jeopardy matched her winnings. I read that she is donating hers.


Queenie



Joined: 18 Nov 2004
Posts: 15767
Location: Queens


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/17/16 8:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know if they'll match, but what I'm hoping is that, since she's straight-up donating the money, there's a way to reduce the tax burden and make sure the charity gets the full amount. (Multi-state tax payments are a bitchassmotherfucker, let me tell you.)



_________________
We must not confuse dissent with disloyalty.
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6814



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/22/16 1:04 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I forgot that this was the period where the woman who died would be on. Was sad when Trebek mentioned it at the end of the show. Really wish they could have gotten her on sooner.

I guess her statement, "we moved France" about the fellow teenage on the cruise means they had sex.


justintyme



Joined: 08 Jul 2012
Posts: 7071
Location: Northfield, MN


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/22/16 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
I forgot that this was the period where the woman who died would be on. Was sad when Trebek mentioned it at the end of the show. Really wish they could have gotten her on sooner.

I guess her statement, "we moved France" about the fellow teenage on the cruise means they had sex.

Pretty sure she said "We mooned France."



_________________
↑↑↓↓←→←→BA
tfan



Joined: 31 May 2010
Posts: 6814



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/22/16 2:08 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
tfan wrote:
I forgot that this was the period where the woman who died would be on. Was sad when Trebek mentioned it at the end of the show. Really wish they could have gotten her on sooner.

I guess her statement, "we moved France" about the fellow teenage on the cruise means they had sex.

Pretty sure she said "We mooned France."


Ah, thanks for the correction.


Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4950



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/22/16 10:10 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So sad that she was only a couple of weeks away from seeing her episodes. Would they have maybe had some kind of viewing for her only?

I wonder if she was always that soft spoken or if it was her illness.

I also heard "mooned." I've got to say that was about the last story I would have expected to hear from her. Smile Probably figured 'what the hell,' why not! Smile


cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10760
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/22/16 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hadn't kept current here and didn't know about Stowell. Stunning.



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4950



Back to top
PostPosted: 12/22/16 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A three minute video that she made about her experience. Some scenes of the tryout process.

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/12/cindy-stowell-jeopardy-lost


Happycappie25



Joined: 07 Feb 2006
Posts: 3951
Location: QUEENS!!!!


Back to top
PostPosted: 12/22/16 12:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
So sad that she was only a couple of weeks away from seeing her episodes. Would they have maybe had some kind of viewing for her only?

I wonder if she was always that soft spoken or if it was her illness.

I also heard "mooned." I've got to say that was about the last story I would have expected to hear from her. Smile Probably figured 'what the hell,' why not! Smile


According to a few articles she was given a DVD of her first 3 wins before she passed.

Jeopardy posted this post-run video of Cindy describing her run in her own words...very moving

https://www.facebook.com/Jeopardy/videos/1327000884017491/

was a very moving run indeed...when I first heard about her passing I was expecting a one off maybe a 1 day win...but a 6 day run...still impressed by that



_________________
"Leave it to the NCAA women's basketball committee to turn a glass slipper into glass ceiling" Graham Hays
cthskzfn



Joined: 21 Nov 2004
Posts: 10760
Location: In a world where a dbag like Trump isn't potus. If u were in my safe space, you'd have to be f'd up


Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/17 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

god PLEASE spare me from Rebecca "hundrit" Glass winning tonight! Evil or Very Mad



_________________
Silly, stupid white people might be waking up.
Ex-Ref



Joined: 04 Oct 2009
Posts: 4950



Back to top
PostPosted: 01/03/17 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
god PLEASE spare me from Rebecca "hundrit" Glass winning tonight! Evil or Very Mad


Yeah, that was pretty annoying.


pilight



Joined: 23 Sep 2004
Posts: 57524
Location: Where the action is


Back to top
PostPosted: 07/25/17 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of the Daily Doubles was at the top of a row tonight. Can't remember the last time that happened.



_________________
Don't take no rhythm,
Don't take no style
Gotta thirst for killin',
Grab your vial
Display posts from previous:   
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5

 
Jump to:  
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum


Powered by phpBB 2.0.17 © 2001- 2004 phpBB Group
phpBB Template by Vjacheslav Trushkin