RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New Type of Basketball Shoes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 12/05/16 11:19 am    ::: New Type of Basketball Shoes Reply Reply with quote

i run 20 to 30 miles a week, I am going to get these shoes!

https://twitter.com/De11eDonne

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 12/05/16 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Now, I'm looking forward to the self fitting jackets, true hoverboards and "Roads? Where were going we don't need roads" ! Razz Laughing

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 12/15/16 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FYI if the only models are designed for basketball, you probably don't want to be running like that in them no matter how cool it might be to have self-lacing shoes. They might be cool just to casually wear. But for sports-specific shoes go to weartesters.com and look for performance reviews on different types of shoes. Just so you don't do anything to put yourself at risk of injury. OTOH, there might be running-specific hyperadapts. Just research it first so you don't risk getting hurt.

PostPosted: 12/16/16 3:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
FYI if the only models are designed for basketball, you probably don't want to be running like that in them no matter how cool it might be to have self-lacing shoes. They might be cool just to casually wear. But for sports-specific shoes go to weartesters.com and look for performance reviews on different types of shoes. Just so you don't do anything to put yourself at risk of injury. OTOH, there might be running-specific hyperadapts. Just research it first so you don't risk getting hurt.

I was not aware there was a place that evaluates sport shoes. That is good to know, I will look. There is nothing more frustrating when your working out and your in your fifth mile and your shoe laces come un-tied. I agree with you that just buying a shoe because of a new novelty is foolish. Thanks.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 12/16/16 9:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes no question I wouldn't want my laces always coming undone. When I started trying to find sneakers for the gym and for basketball I was a little shocked at the diversity of shoes today. And how some 100+ dollar sneakers are essentially trash. I stumbled onto sites like weartesters and Schwollo and Sole Bros. while looking up sneakers. They're all very good in terms of reviewing sneakers. This way you know if you're getting performance in exchange for your purchase. I'm heading into my late 40s so I'm really trying to protect my legs when I go to the gym. So I almost didn't have an option except to really know what I'm buying so that I don't put myself through unnecessary wear and tear.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: