RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Women's Basketball State site

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 12/11/16 7:38 pm    ::: Women's Basketball State site Reply Reply with quote

This used to be the greatest stat site in the multiverse, and I used it all the time.

Now it's clunky and almost useless. Things take forever to load. When they do load, they're not the stats I was expecting. I can't figure out how to get many of the stats I want. And many features that used to be there, aren't.

Do others have this problem?

I want my money back.
FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 12/11/16 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes. I sent a message complaining, will ask for a refund soon. The stats don't even show all of the players--they are missing a ton.

patsweetpat

PostPosted: 12/11/16 7:43 pm    ::: Re: Women's Basketball State site Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
This used to be the greatest stat site in the multiverse, and I used it all the time.

Now it's clunky and almost useless. Things take forever to load. When they do load, they're not the stats I was expecting. I can't figure out how to get many of the stats I want. And many features that used to be there, aren't.

Do others have this problem?

I want my money back.

I don't disagree with you. Used to be so awesome... the best (only?) wbb stat site there was! After it went off-line last year (at the very, very worst possible time), I missed it so badly that-- when it made its triumphant return-- I made the stupid mistake of paying a ton of money for the "lifetime" membership. And yup, it's now super-kludgy and barely functional.

What a let-down.

sigur3

PostPosted: 12/11/16 9:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I definitely have this problem. I don't see why they had to change everything. Splits take forever and a day to load, player pages don't have advanced stats, and just forget about loading a list of all DI players. The old website was far better.

linkster

PostPosted: 12/11/16 11:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Glad to see this thread. They were supposed to honor my 2015/16 subscription but I had so much trouble that I just paid again because it was such a bargain and so much fun to use. Last week I couldn't log in and when I tried they kept sending me to a subscription page.

I read their story about how they are expanding into other sports. Good luck to them. They'll never get another penny from me. They took one of the best stat sites I ever used and turned it into a pile of excrement.

Last edited by linkster on 12/12/16 12:19 am; edited 1 time in total
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 12/12/16 12:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:
They took one of the best stat sites I ever used and turned it into a pile of excrement.

Word. So sad.

myrtle

PostPosted: 12/13/16 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It wasn't all 'their' fault since they lost all their data when the internet company they used went belly up. Still it is disappointing.

I looked at it a bit with my 'retro' privileges and decided it wasn't worth putting more $ there until/if they really got it straightened out. I saw too many blatant errors right away.

- Amanda Gorman
pilight

PostPosted: 12/13/16 11:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Considering that they couldn't get something as simple as the standings correct for WNBA season even after I emailed them and told them it was wrong, I saw no reason to pay for the WCBB season.

PostPosted: 12/29/16 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Great Caesar's ghost, trying to look at ATO leaders and the WBB State server is down again.
sigur3

PostPosted: 01/01/17 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nothing on this website is loading today.

Also, why do the "career glance" sections for each player only show the current season's stats?

sigur3

PostPosted: 01/24/17 4:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is anyone else unable to access conference splits?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/24/17 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So sad.

mzonefan

PostPosted: 01/24/17 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I sent them a correction yesterday day (third time) for a scheduling data issue from the first day of the B1G season. First they had Michigan State playing Rutgers along with another team. I told them it was Michigan and not Michigan State. After my first email, they removed the game completely from Rutgers and Michigan State. They've never added it back in to Michigan and Rutgers. I was nice enough to link the box score, the last two times so they could pull all of the numbers.

I've received zero feedback. It's so frustrating.

I used to love looking at the NCAA projection sheets and other comparisons. I'm done after my freebie/make-up year.

sigur3

PostPosted: 01/24/17 6:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:

This is the worst part. You would think that after months of throwing their former server under the bus and upending the entire website for no good reason, they would be more open to the feedback of their customers. This was such a great resource last season but now it's just a nuisance.

Is there any other website that offers a similar WBB database?

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 01/24/17 8:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
mzonefan wrote:

This is the worst part. You would think that after months of throwing their former server under the bus and upending the entire website for no good reason, they would be more open to the feedback of their customers. This was such a great resource last season but now it's just a nuisance.

Is there any other website that offers a similar WBB database?

That would be "no".

pilight

PostPosted: 01/24/17 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mzonefan wrote:

Had the same problem during WNBA season. They had several games with incorrect results, leading to incorrect standings. I emailed several times notifying them. They never made the corrections and still have the incorrect results listed.

PostPosted: 01/24/17 9:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Those of us who subscribed to everything do get access to multiple sets of men's overseas stats now.

Unfortunately, like everything else, the new sites are too slow for me to bother cross-checking their data with other sources.

sigur3

PostPosted: 03/06/17 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Is anyone else unable to access conference splits?

Conference splits are still unavailable.

Also not recognizing this Northwestern roster.

Queenie

PostPosted: 03/06/17 10:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Northeastern, Northwestern- they're both directions, right?

(now with spelling variations)
sigur3

PostPosted: 03/19/17 7:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conference splits have finally been fixed...after conference play ends. Coincidence?

Still showing the wrong roster for Northwestern. Kelsey Mitchell from OSU redirects to Kelsey Mitchell from DET.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 03/20/17 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doesn't really matter, you have to watch the games, even the stats on espn and posted by teams are wrong, they tend to give the girl closest to them who may be the same color the stat LOL.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: