RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 10/29/16 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Haven't heard anything to sway me from wanting Banham as the fifth guard. She is strong.... could be a Whalen of the future.

I wish the WNBA had reach measurements, because Banham looks a little short-armed to me.

Shades

PostPosted: 11/17/16 3:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:

READERS' PICKS
Congratulations to the winners of Minnesota Monthly’s Best Of The Cities Readers’ Choice Survey:

Sports Team
Win
Lynx
Place
Wild
Show
Vikings

http://www.minnesotamonthly.com/lifestyle/minnesota-culture/best-of-the-twin-cities?sf42629741=1

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Shades

PostPosted: 11/19/16 12:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howard with 22 pts, 19 reb, 3 blk in her latest game in the Korean League

shadowboxer

PostPosted: 11/22/16 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Howard with 22 pts, 19 reb, 3 blk in her latest game in the Korean League

Nice post. Cool

toad455

PostPosted: 12/04/16 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just an attendance tidbit. Comparing the Lynx & Timberwolves. The Lynx averaged 9,266 in 2016. The Timberwolves are averaging a NBA low this season of just 13,186 despite its talented young team(with an 6-14 record). The TWolves had 2 games draw under 10,000 this season. The Lynx-TWolves comparison is about as close as it's going to get to having a WNBA & NBA team in the same city draw close to the same amount of fans. The Liberty & Knicks won't come close as the Knicks always sellout. The Suns draw near 17K even though the Mercury average 10,300+ in 2016. The Lakers-Sparks might be the only other teams to possibly come close with the Sparks winning the championship in 2016 and the Lakers still rebuilding and not drawing the sellouts they once did.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 12/05/16 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Just an attendance tidbit. Comparing the Lynx & Timberwolves. The Lynx averaged 9,266 in 2016. The Timberwolves are averaging a NBA low this season of just 13,186 despite its talented young team(with an 6-14 record). The TWolves had 2 games draw under 10,000 this season. The Lynx-TWolves comparison is about as close as it's going to get to having a WNBA & NBA team in the same city draw close to the same amount of fans. The Liberty & Knicks won't come close as the Knicks always sellout. The Suns draw near 17K even though the Mercury average 10,300+ in 2016. The Lakers-Sparks might be the only other teams to possibly come close with the Sparks winning the championship in 2016 and the Lakers still rebuilding and not drawing the sellouts they once did.

Interesting!!!!!

lynxmania

PostPosted: 12/14/16 10:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx Offseason Podcasts

Whalen: http://lynx.wnba.com/news/lynx-offseason-podcast-lindsay-whalen/
Reeve: http://lynx.wnba.com/news/lynx-offseason-podcast-cheryl-reeve/

Shades

PostPosted: 12/24/16 7:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
Moore’s last professional game was Oct. 20, a loss to the Los Angeles Sparks in the WNBA Finals. Normally at this time of the year she’d be playing overseas, as many WNBA players do during the offseason, but she took this international season off to rest.

Moore said she’s been looking forward to the time off. So far, she has enjoyed time with family and finds every chance to give back to kids and share her experiences.

“That itch for basketball I’m sure will come back as the season gets closer, but I’ve been enjoying the holiday for now,” she said.

http://www.greenvilleonline.com/story/sports/2016/12/06/maya-moore-wnba/95038114/

There's a video at the link where Maya is talking about giving back to the community... nothing about WNBA.

A fully rested Maya? Dangerous or rusty?

Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/17 4:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

McCarville

Quote:
Offseason Plans

McCarville is spending her offseason back in her home state of Wisconsin.

Since becoming a member of the Lynx, this is the first offseason McCarville hasn’t spent overseas during the offseason. She previously played in Turkey, Poland, China and Turkey in previous years.

Role For 2017?

In 2016, McCarville added veteran depth of the Lynx, primarily coming off of the bench in relief of Rebekkah Brunson and Sylvia Fowles.

In 2017, expect more of the same from McCarville, who will turn 35 in November. The Lynx kick off the 2017 season at 6 p.m. May 14 against the Chicago Sky at Xcel Energy Center in St. Paul.

http://lynx.wnba.com/news/roster-review-janel-mccarville/

Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/09/17 5:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More of the same if she's willing to play, again, for whatever they've got left under the cap to throw her way.

PostPosted: 01/09/17 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This is a strong start

Whalen/Montgomery
Augustus/Perkins
Moore
Brunson/Howard
Fowles/McCarville

That is nine players and a strong, experienced, expensive roster. Can the Lynx afford three more players, or do they have to go with eleven instead of twelve with this line up?

#12, Fagbenle and Hampton seem like the cheaper options.

Their second round pick, or bringing back Graves, or other waiver wire post from last season (Bulgak, Burdick, Hawkins, etc) would be some other cheaper options. It probably wouldn't hurt for them to have at least one developmental guard somewhere on the roster their seem to be more decent guards at the bottom of this years draft than post so maybe go that direction with #12.

Cruz and Jarry are also options but do they cost more than players listed above?

Shades

PostPosted: 01/09/17 6:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan

PostPosted: 01/09/17 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Liad Suez-Karni was a top player on Villanova when they beat a Taurasi-lead Connecticut.

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 01/09/17 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:

Liad Suez-Karni was a top player on Villanova when they beat a Taurasi-lead Connecticut.

Ill never forget that game the smartest yet most boring game ever seen. Wasnt it on rutgers court In Conf Tourney Play? What A Coincidence

PostPosted: 01/09/17 11:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WNBA 09 wrote:

Ill never forget that game the smartest yet most boring game ever seen. Wasnt it on rutgers court In Conf Tourney Play? What A Coincidence

It was in the 2003 Big East conference tournament finals (Villanova beat them again the next year in the regular season) played in Hartford.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/17/17 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Timberwolves & Lynx Contributing Additional Funds to Target Center Renovation

http://www.nba.com/timberwolves/timberwolves-lynx-contributing-additional-funds-target-center-renovation

Quote:
The Minnesota Timberwolves and Lynx announced today that owner Glen Taylor will contribute an additional $9-$12 million toward the Target Center Renovation project. The new contribution will provide supplementary amenities to further enhance the experience for all Timberwolves and Lynx fans.

The funds will be directed towards new seats, railings for the lower bowl seating area, a better and more robust wi-fi platform than originally planned, additional digital signage in the arena bowl and a new skyway off the back side of the arena.

Quote:
The additional funding will bring the total Target Center renovation project to between $138 and $141 million. The public contribution remains unchanged.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/19/17 3:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like McCarville got signed to a team in Sweden

http://aikbasket.se/aik-basket-overens-med-janel-mccarville/

(Translated portion)
Quote:
- It is of course incredible that we have succeeded with this recruitment. Besides a real boost for the team and the whole club, I believe that the recruitment of Janel McCarville will affect girls and dambasketen throughout Stockholm in a positive way. She is, in addition to a fantastic player, also a very charismatic person. Her track record is impressive and although she is a bit away from the match, as we get a player of world class to us. It is of course unlikely that a player who last played in the WNBA finals now appears in Superettan. This is at least a late Christmas present to all the great players, leaders and supporters of AIK, says head coach Anders curing.

- I look forward to both playing for AIK and help the club develop, win Superettan and qualify up to the basketball league. Playing in Stockholm has always been a bit of a dream for me and I also look forward to reuniting with my friend Kadidja Andersson. We spent three years together at the University of Minnesota and I'm pretty sure we can take the club to new heights, says Janel McCarville.

Shades

PostPosted: 01/19/17 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Another article about McCarville. Sounds like she's not all the way back from her injury.

http://www.svt.se/sport/basket/nba-stjarna-klar-for-aik/

(Translated portion)
Quote:
Attracted one of the sport's premier
Equally lyric is Kadidja Andersson, who played college basketball with 34-year-old and is a factor given that the club managed to attract the 2005 draft one in the WNBA.

- She is amazing. Then she is not in her best form right now. But she had been there, we had not received her either, says Andersson.

Humble - despite the merit list
McCarville is, despite its track record with WNBA- and Euroleague title, humble before the new adventure.

- I want to help Swedish basketball to attract more talent, more audience and make it a strong league in Europe, says Janel McCarville to SVT Sport.

The only doubt is: an injury
Merit-wise, there are no doubts. The only obstacle is the damage she suffered in the WNBA's final play.

- I hurt my back and unfortunately could not play in the last two matches. I really looked forward to helping the team to a championship gold. But back injury limited me, and I could not do much, says McCarville.

When she makes her debut is not clear yet.

- There has been talk of Tuesday. But it is not decided yet. I do not think I can play then. But I will of course be there with the team.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 01/22/17 4:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx Offseason Podcasts

Brunson: http://lynx.wnba.com/news/lynx-offseason-podcast-rebekkah-brunson/
Perkins: http://lynx.wnba.com/news/lynx-offseason-podcast-jia-perkins/

Shades

PostPosted: 01/25/17 11:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Latest game from Hampton in Israel
Quote:
American forward Keisha Hampton (187-90, college: De Paul, agency: LBM Management) responded with a double-double by scoring 37 points (!!!) and 16 rebounds. Maccabi Ramat Gan maintains second place with 10-2 record having just one point less than leader Maccabi Ashdod.

Hampton just trails Hill for leading scorer in Israel. Considering her build, it would look like it may be worthwhile to keep her on the team, unless they'd want to cut her in favor of a fifth post (Osahor?)

Ex-Lynx forward Shae Kelley is on the list at #3. She's on the scrawny side, so unless she develops some guard skills, I can't really see her making it in the W.

There's people still pining over what could be with Adams at the #4 spot. She could be elite, but she prefers being very non-petite.

ATL's rookie also shows up on the list at #6.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/27/17 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jim Petersen Steps Down as Lynx Associate Head Coach

http://lynx.wnba.com/news/jim-petersen-steps-lynx-associate-head-coach/

Quote:
As hard as it was to come to this decision, I know that it’s the best thing for myself and my family

PostPosted: 01/27/17 1:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jim Peterson stepping down as associate head coach.

EDIT: Looks like pilight beat me to it Wink

myrtle

PostPosted: 01/27/17 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ahhh, too bad. Hope everything is ok with him.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 01/27/17 1:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I thought he was re-signed just last year. He was a candidate for Miller's job, so it's not like he was looking for more free time. Maybe some family matters occurred recently that he feels he needs more free time.

There's been a little buzz that he'd be a good replacement for Gophers women coach Stollings, who has underwhelmed. But that idea was set aside because his plate is so full. It's not as full now, although the broadcasting job probably conflicts with a college job more than the Lynx job did.

kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 01/27/17 3:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sad.. will miss Jim. Sad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 3 of 16

Jump to: