RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Texas (8) @ Stanford (11) - 11/14/16
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Who will win this game?
Texas
63%
 63%  [ 7 ]
Stanford
36%
 36%  [ 4 ]
Total Votes : 11

sammieee

PostPosted: 11/15/16 2:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

Stanford:

4. Brit McPhee could get work as a complexion model, if she had some time on her hands. Brilliant play by the kid, too!

She actually was a model....

Quote:
On the one hand, McPhee was a successful model. First noticed at age 13 by a modeling agency while she was walking through a shopping mall, she quickly learned the camera loved her. By the time she was ready for high school, she had already adorned the pages of Vogue and Teen Vogue and Macy's catalogs.

Link

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 11/15/16 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:

1. WTF?? Karen, you recruit amazingly. Where's the disconnect? We'll be kind and chalk it up to a bad flight/time zone diff for this one.

In my view Aston doesn't get nearly enough credit for her high ranking on the " big recruiter, no coaching" list.

Total chaos, odd personnel and substitution choices. The contrast between really good and really bad coaching was rarely on better display than in that game. Beautiful offensive movement by Stanford.

And Aston's infatuation with Brooke McCarty continues to puzzle me.

Stanford is going to win a lot of games. That wasn't just hot shooting. They played really good basketball. They're under-ranked.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 11/15/16 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

joetro wrote:
LOL at Nell picking Louisville over ND.

Not sure that's so funny....

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 11/15/16 12:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:
Nell has a final four of Texas, Baylor, South Carolina, and Ohio State.

UConn and Notre Dame on the outside looking in.

I'm sure her biases affected her choices. She attended Texas and coached in the SEC and that is consistent with 3 of her 4 choices. Of course South Carolina and Baylor are obvious choices anyway, but omitting Notre Dame is sort of bizarre. I would also not omit UConn. Even though their ride to March may be a bit bumpy, Geno should have them ready by then. I guess she can't pick all favorites (poor journalism).

Howee

PostPosted: 11/15/16 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Stanford is going to win a lot of games. That wasn't just hot shooting. They played really good basketball. They're under-ranked.

Agreed. If we rank stars (O sisters, Wiggins, Appel, etc.) as 10s, Stanford has none of that right now, BUT....with a bunch of 7s, 8s, and 9s that played as a cohesive unit last night, they're gonna be tough.

PostPosted: 11/15/16 6:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ugh, Texas. Shocked Rolling Eyes

But it sure was great to see Stanford playing so well. I hope it's for real and not just Texas making them look good!

Amen to what Art said about the difference in coaching on display. Sad
Aston has improved in her weak areas though, and hopefully will continue to. Her substitutions are incomprehensible, and the x's and o's still need work. I suspect her sort-of-unusual committment to always playing her whole bench contributes to both her recruiting success and the extra weeks it takes the team to gel at the beginning of the season.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: