RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Minnesota Lynx 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
myrtle

PostPosted: 10/22/16 10:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

then hopefully Sparks fans change theirs to the missed backcourt violation in #4. hee. hee. let's stir it up.

- Amanda Gorman
justintyme

PostPosted: 10/22/16 11:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
then hopefully Sparks fans change theirs to the missed backcourt violation in #4. hee. hee. let's stir it up.

Lol. Do eeeet! Though the Sparks have no way to troll the Merc with #road2redemption Wink Laughing Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 10/24/16 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

*Everyone except McCarville and Keisha Hampton is under contract for next year.

*Augustus and Brunson will not play overseas this winter.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 10/24/16 4:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 10/24/16 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
*Everyone except McCarville and rookie Keisha Hampton is under contract for next year

*Augustus and Brunson will not play overseas this winter.

Whalen? Moore?

Shades

PostPosted: 10/24/16 4:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What?

Whalen already retired from overseas play last year. These are the new retirees.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 10/24/16 4:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, we've got some Rebkellians stompfoot insisting that this trade would be a dopey for the Sun and others stompfoot insisting it would be dopey for the Lynx.

That equipoise may provide hope to Shades.

However, given 23 vs 30, I think the trade gets torpedoed by the Kallam Law of 27.
zune69

PostPosted: 10/24/16 5:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Maybe minnesota can pull off a trade for A.Henry.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/24/16 5:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Maybe minnesota can pull off a trade for A.Henry.

On a roster with a crapload of expensive veterans they have to fit under the cap, they sure as hell don't want another expensive contract that couldn't even get off the bench on a lottery team.

PostPosted: 10/24/16 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Whether a player is 23 or 30 doesn't make a difference if you think they can help you win in the next couple of years. Do CON want to win now or are they looking more like 5 years down the road?

Sienko, Thibault, and Donovan are gone now, but they all expressed a strong interest in luring Alba Torrens over to the team. A 2009 third round pick that has reached international prominence. The reason she didn't come over to the WNBA right away is the coach of the Spanish team (in AUS coach fashion) alluded that playing in WNBA could hurt her chances to make the national team. I don't think she has to worry about that anymore. Cruz and Xargay aren't worried. So what's going to be at little extra motivation to get Torrens over the hump, stop waffling and finally start playing for the team that drafted her over 7 years ago?

Some say Torrens could be a game changer. Did you watch the Olympics? Now if you're interested in winning in the next couple of years, who's going to help you more, Cruz and Torrens or Banham, who will likely be stuck behind Thomas for the next couple of years. If you can't see past two feet in front of your nose, maybe all you can see is 23 vs 30.... numbers. Meaningless numbers on a page.

Of course with the team of Cox and Miller, we have no clue how much they even about or desire Torrens.

This is all early wishlist and speculation stuff. Nothing to get bent about.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/24/16 7:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
If you can't see past two feet in front of your nose, maybe all you can see is 23 vs 30.... numbers. Meaningless numbers on a page.

A lottery pick is not only an asset, but an investment. And every GM with a brain wants that return on investment instead of shipping them without even seeing what they're fully capable of doing is what you keep missing. I'm not saying Banham will be the next Becky Hammon, but there's a chance she can be. So you don't give that up for an older backup with really no potential to maybe entice another foreigner to come over.

In regards to Torrens, I would be throughly surprised if all it took was for a 30 year old National teammate to entice her to come to rural Connecticut for three months. I'll be surprised if we even see Torrens ever play in the league, and the older she gets it becomes more slim.

PostPosted: 10/24/16 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I look for the Lynx to continue to look to complement the/(my) top 7 players to keep the title window wide open

The starting 5 plus Howard & Perkins are solid for me. The later 2 will have a yr in MN under their belts and could build on being more useful next summer. McCarvile, gone, thanks for your services. Hampton is a 3/4 tweener who can't hang as a pro PF and thus could easily not retain her spot.
Thus Hampton & the balance of the reserves are negotiable and/or in completion with any draft picks, returning players and/or free agents the Lynx might be able to afford.

Biggest needs: a sturdy post who likes to bang and a guard with floor general skills. (not looking at Banham to fill this need) Of course both need to like to defend.

PostPosted: 10/25/16 12:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd be very surprised if Montgomery is dealt. I'd be shocked if #12 could beat her out. That's not happening.

I wouldn't be too quick to eject McCarville, especially if she can get healthy. Not many with her skill level looking for work in the WNBA.

Even though Cruz appears to be Reeve's recruit, to me she seems like the best candidate to be traded if she's amenable. If Cruz isn't dealt, I see her staying with the team. Of course, maybe she's not interested in being the fifth guard and doesn't want to come back.

I'd kinda like that 5th guard spot go to a promising developmental player, but we all know Reeve hates developmental players. Liston shot over 40% from three in both her years and that wasn't enough to keep her job. Lasting two years is a miracle for a developmental player in this system, so that 5th guard spot would have to be someone special that would be given every opportunity to actually develop. Sounds like Banham to me.... somebody Roger will want to work out.

Of course if the Sparks are foolish enough to let Dabovic go, I wouldn't mind exploring that opportunity.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 10/25/16 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I'd be very surprised if Montgomery is dealt. I'd be shocked if #12 could beat her out. That's not happening.

I wouldn't be too quick to eject McCarville, especially if she can get healthy. Not many with her skill level looking for work in the WNBA.

Even though Cruz appears to be Reeve's recruit, to me she seems like the best candidate to be traded if she's amenable. If Cruz isn't dealt, I see her staying with the team. Of course, maybe she's not interested in being the fifth guard and doesn't want to come back.

I'd kinda like that 5th guard spot go to a promising developmental player, but we all know Reeve hates developmental players. Liston shot over 40% from three in both her years and that wasn't enough to keep her job. Lasting two years is a miracle for a developmental player in this system, so that 5th guard spot would have to be someone special that would be given every opportunity to actually develop. Sounds like Banham to me.... somebody Roger will want to work out.

Of course if the Sparks are foolish enough to let Dabovic go, I wouldn't mind exploring that opportunity.

I would expect very little turnover period.

As long as Brunson, Whalen, and Augustus are all there, they will aim for a championship and not a re-build.

MNfan22

PostPosted: 10/26/16 1:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
I wouldn't be too quick to eject McCarville, ...

Oh I'm not too quick to the conclusion Laughing Just right on time.

Shades wrote:
...especially if she can get healthy. Not many with her skill level looking for work in the WNBA.

Don't see her getting "healthy enough" to make enough of a difference sorry. This ship has sailed and is about to disappear off the horizon. At this late stage of the game, I don't foresee a return and I see the salary needing to be put to better use.

dtsnms wrote:
I would expect very little turnover period.

As long as Brunson, Whalen, and Augustus are all there, they will aim for a championship and not a re-build.

Absolutely agree, but we did only have a roster of 11. So my core 7, minus McCarville leaves the trio of Cruz, Montgomery & Hampton. Just not sure I see ALL 3 returning? But, regardless we've got openings and some needs that have to be addressed. The front office has to be in full scout mode this off season.

PostPosted: 10/26/16 2:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, I hope you're wrong about McCarville. Unless the Lynx can get somebody unexpectedly good to replace her, they'll probably have to go back to 12 players. I can't see the Lynx going with a 4 player post rotation (like they did this year) with a rookie as one of the posts. If that happened, they'd be playing lots of small ball with Maya playing as a post, and that's asking a lot of her. Too much.

toad455

PostPosted: 10/26/16 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lynx don't have the cap space to have 12 players if McCarville & Perkins return.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 10/26/16 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Lynx don't have the cap space to have 12 players if McCarville & Perkins return.

The 12 players would be without McCarville. Either that or cut Hampton so you can have 5 posts that way with 11.

miller40

PostPosted: 10/26/16 11:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know how this will impact cap space or roster projects, but Spain has already qualified for Eurobasket this summer, so Cruz won't be available until July.

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 10/26/16 3:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Possibilities, maybe Asjha Jones again?

Or a decent sized Wing defender, who can take the tougher 2 or 3 assignment, should (or ought to) be on the Wish List.

One of the various Vet PFs that will presumably get cut loose, is another.

But I think they keep this dynasty rolling along until the wheels come totally off, and that isn't gonna be this year coming up.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/26/16 4:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

5thmantheme wrote:

NO

5thmantheme wrote:
Or a decent sized Wing defender, who can take the tougher 2 or 3 assignment, should (or ought to) be on the Wish List.

Are you talking about the bench? Who would you be replacing?

5thmantheme wrote:

Huh?

toad455

PostPosted: 10/26/16 4:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

they should bring back Jarry and cut Hampton. If McCarville doesn't return, I'd suggest someone like Jennifer Hamson, Shanice McKinney or Adut Bulgak.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Richyyy

PostPosted: 10/26/16 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
they should bring back Jarry and cut Hampton. If McCarville doesn't return, I'd suggest someone like Jennifer Hamson, Shanice McKinney or Adut Bulgak.

Yeesh. If those end up as their best options, they really might as well work on developing Fagbenle instead.

PostPosted: 10/26/16 11:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
So I kind of what to change my avatar picture to the shot clock violation and my signature to "road2redemption", but I think too many would miss that I am poking fun at the Merc and not just being salty. Laughing

Not "Return to Glory?"

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 10/29/16 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
5thmantheme wrote:

NO

5thmantheme wrote:

Are you talking about the bench? Who would you be replacing?

5thmantheme wrote:

Huh?

There's (imho) too many small guards on the roster.
5'7" Monty
5'9" Cruz + thin
5'8" Perkins

5'8" Whalen + skrong
5'11" Augustus
6'0" Moore

The combo of Whalen, Augustus and Moore, can outscore almost anybody almost anytime. Outscore yes, but lockdown D ?

I'd assume McCarville still wants to play, and will be healthy. She played above any of the other backups this year. However, she has "retired" before. Insurance never hurts, versus idk salary cap issues.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/29/16 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm good with Montgomery and Perkins. The Lynx are lucky to have them under cap, and results speak for themself. Was this a championship team? Yeah. Was an attainable name supplied that would be better than either of them? No. Faris could become available but should the Lynx jump on her because she brings defense but not much offense? Not ideally. Haven't heard anything to sway me from wanting Banham as the fifth guard. She is strong.... could be a Whalen of the future.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 2 of 16

Jump to: