RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Los Angeles Sparks 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 10/22/16 8:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I can't believe anyone can watch Dabovic play and think she's even a mediocre ball handler. She's a decent shooter. Handles are ugly though. Really ugly.

PostPosted: 10/22/16 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

the sparks will not repeat in 2017 even if they keep all of their 2016 top talents. you saw how complacent they were after the olympic break.

PostPosted: 10/22/16 11:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scrappy wrote:
the sparks will not repeat in 2017 even if they keep all of their 2016 top talents. you saw how complacent they were after the olympic break.

They were not complacent. They overtrained during the break and were tired. The team addressed this in the break before the playoffs when Brian asked what they wanted to do, and they insisted on less training. That's when they pointed out they practiced too much during the Olympic break and came out of it leg-weary.

PostPosted: 10/23/16 6:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would love to see Cambage in L.A. somehow. What would it take for the Sparks and the Wings to make a blockbuster trade for this to happen

Shades

PostPosted: 10/23/16 8:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

basketballologist wrote:
Would love to see Cambage in L.A. somehow. What would it take for the Sparks and the Wings to make a blockbuster trade for this to happen

You think she'd be content as a backup, or would the Sparks return to the big lineup?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/23/16 8:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Content? I'm guessing she'd love to be a backup. If it's with LA she might even show up, too.
Make it happen, Sparks! Smile

PostPosted: 10/23/16 8:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Content? I'm guessing she'd love to be a backup. If it's with LA she might even show up, too.
Make it happen, Sparks! Smile

She always wanted to play for the Sparks, right?

PostPosted: 10/23/16 9:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jap wrote:
scrappy wrote:

They were not complacent. They overtrained during the break and were tired. The team addressed this in the break before the playoffs when Brian asked what they wanted to do, and they insisted on less training. That's when they pointed out they practiced too much during the Olympic break and came out of it leg-weary.

Thanks for sharing. Very Happy

I was surprised how they started after the break.

PostPosted: 10/23/16 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm still waiting to see how many sparks fans admit that moving away from the "Big Lineup" played a role in LA winning the championship.So many sparks fans were in denial about the lack of floor balance.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/23/16 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myt wrote:
jap wrote:
scrappy wrote:

Thanks for sharing. Very Happy

I was surprised how they started after the break.

I seem to remember Agler being asked about the poor start after the Olympic break, and his response was that he thought the team had gotten too full of themselves and gotten soft. How do you get soft by over training.... unless he was talking mentally soft.

Hoops9092

PostPosted: 10/23/16 10:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd love for us to draft Kaela Davis or some sort of big wing who can shoot on the dribble. Or look for this in free agency.

Shades

PostPosted: 10/23/16 10:56 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hoops9092 wrote:
I'd love for us to draft Kaela Davis or some sort of big wing who can shoot on the dribble. Or look for this in free agency.

Isn't that what you have in Dabovic?

basketballologist

PostPosted: 10/23/16 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think Cambage would be content as a backup as long as she's in a big market and they. are winning. From my understanding, she didn't wanna play in Tulsa

Gruda and Carson for Cambage?

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 10/23/16 5:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will Carson even be under contract next year? She was signed only because Riquna Williams got hurt. I think a trade for Cambage would also involve Lavender for starters. And it would have to be more than just Lavender in my opinion.

PostPosted: 10/23/16 5:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Will Carson even be under contract next year? She was signed only because Riquna Williams got hurt. I think a trade for Cambage would also involve Lavender for starters. And it would have to be more than just Lavender in my opinion.

PostPosted: 10/23/16 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why would Dallas trade Cambage for Gruda and Carson ? Laughing :

Why would LA trade Lavender after they just won the Championship Shocked

LA finally found the right lineup combination,and now rebkell wants to break them up.

basketballologist

PostPosted: 10/23/16 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I want Cambage for crying out loud

UK1996

PostPosted: 10/23/16 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think its easy to decide who to get rid of with this team. Lavender just won a championship with the team she's been with for five years, in addition to winning 6th woman of the year. I have feeling she stays. I'd keep the starting lineup the same but play Gray and Lavender heavy minutes, especially through the regular season and in blowouts. Dabovic was disappointing this year but last year she was great. I'd give her another go considering she can backup 3 positions as needed. I'd draft a small forward. There are plenty with potential next year that can take a year or two to grow. Bring back Hamson or sign another big or two, if all else fails bring back Gruda. Parker, Lavender, and Ogwumike are going to rotate at the 4 and 5 most of the time anyways. Edit: I forgot about Tolo, that changes a lot of things. It pushes Lavender to playing the 4 more often. Tolo is a good post to throw against Griner and Fowles.
PG: Toliver/ Gray
SG: Beard/ Williams/Dabovic
SF: Carson/ #4
PF:Parker/Lavender/Gruda or FA
C: Ogwumike/Tolo

Last edited by UK1996 on 10/25/16 8:55 am; edited 1 time in total
jap

PostPosted: 10/23/16 8:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sparks are a running team, a fast-break squad. Hollywood Liz has to do some serious toning up to run with this pack of she wolves. For a great example, one only needs to look at the transformation in Jantel's figure from her earliest years to the last few.

I hope Chelsea gets together with fellow Dukey, Alana, to be all she can be physically too.

Last edited by jap on 12/27/16 2:04 am; edited 2 times in total
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 10/23/16 9:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Cambage. Add another erratic star with whom you never know whether she'll show up or feel like putting in any effort tonight or not?

They don't have enough of that already?

And to compound that, give away the reliable Lavender as part of the deal? It just keeps getting better. Rolling Eyes

Maybe they could work in getting Powers as part of the deal. That would really make it perfect. Razz

myrtle

PostPosted: 10/24/16 12:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Cambage. Add another erratic star with whom you never know whether she'll show up or feel like putting in any effort tonight or not?

They don't have enough of that already?

And to compound that, give away the reliable Lavender as part of the deal? It just keeps getting better. Rolling Eyes

Maybe they could work in getting Powers as part of the deal. That would really make it perfect. Razz

might as well draft Deshields too.

But then they better get rid of Nneka - she's much too reliable.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 10/24/16 2:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UK1996 wrote:
I think its easy to decide who to get rid of with this team. Lavender just won a championship with the team she's been with for five years, in addition to winning 6th woman of the year. I have feeling she stays. I'd keep the starting lineup the same but play Gray and Lavender heavy minutes, especially through the regular season and in blowouts. Dabovic was disappointing this year but last year she was great. I'd give her another go considering she can backup 3 positions as needed. I'd draft a small forward. There are plenty with potential next year that can take a year or two to grow. Bring back Hamson or sign another big or two, if all else fails bring back Gruda. Parker, Lavender, and Ogwumike are going to rotate at the 4 and 5 most of the time anyways. I think Hamson can handle 8-10 minutes a night.
PF:Parker/FA or Gruda
C: Ogwumike/Lavender/Hamson

You lost me when you forgot about Tolo. Carson starting I don't get unless they're too scared to upset last season's formula.

alcarp

PostPosted: 10/24/16 8:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
UK1996 wrote:
I think its easy to decide who to get rid of with this team. Lavender just won a championship with the team she's been with for five years, in addition to winning 6th woman of the year. I have feeling she stays. I'd keep the starting lineup the same but play Gray and Lavender heavy minutes, especially through the regular season and in blowouts. Dabovic was disappointing this year but last year she was great. I'd give her another go considering she can backup 3 positions as needed. I'd draft a small forward. There are plenty with potential next year that can take a year or two to grow. Bring back Hamson or sign another big or two, if all else fails bring back Gruda. Parker, Lavender, and Ogwumike are going to rotate at the 4 and 5 most of the time anyways. I think Hamson can handle 8-10 minutes a night.
PF:Parker/FA or Gruda
C: Ogwumike/Lavender/Hamson

You lost me when you forgot about Tolo. Carson starting I don't get unless they're too scared to upset last season's formula.

As a 4th or 5th option on offense you average 8 points, shoot 45% from the field, and 36% from the 3-point line, while on defense you are a premier league defender capable of guarding 1-4, I think you've earned your starting spot.

Bringing in Carson is what allowed LA to get away from the bad big lineup this year. She's not an All-Star but let's not pretend that she wasn't a key to the success of LA this year.

jmpenn90

PostPosted: 10/24/16 8:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Toliver and Beard are both free agents per the LA celebration today. The crowd was chanting for both of them to come back. I would think they would both want to come back but what does everyone else think?

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 10/24/16 8:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I would love to see Carson back. Indeed she was critical to LA's success this year and it would be awesome to see her full game back and make anyone who leaves her open PAY!!!

Soooo, apparently both Kristi and Beard are free agents this year. They announced it during the celebration today. I was like, "Noooooooo!!!" The crowd chanted for their return while Brian put both of them on the spot to ask them back. I don't see KT leaving but I do wonder about Beard because of her tenure in the league (13 years). I really don't want her retire because I think we all recognize that she was important both on and off the court, but after finally getting a ring, I could definitely understand. I get that it was a grind for her to get healthy again (when the docs said she wouldn't) and I'm suspect she is considering whether the process is something she feels she wants to continue. As Brian said, I hope she will make it 14 years. We shall see. Also, I didn't know this but CP essentially recruited KT. KT was playing for Chicago but didn't get in the game against LA so when the players were going through and high fiving at the end, CP said that LA would love to have her and the seed was planted! Who knew?!! Laughing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 19, 20, 21  Next
Page 2 of 21

Jump to: