RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

donald tripe busted. no - really this time.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
mercfan3

PostPosted: 10/12/16 12:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Here's your question of the day: How many of these Republicans would be abandoning Trump if the woman he had been talking about wasn't white?

Depends on the reactions of white woman.

The abandoning ship is because of voters, not actual outrage. As their voting records prove, they don't respect woman either. But married women are a demographic that the party Really can't afford to lose, or they'll be almost as irrelevant as third party options.

So, would White married women have the same reaction that they had with this? If so, Republicans might abandon ship just as quickly.

However, I think it's unlikely that white married women have as strong of a reaction...

Btw, note that he did this to teens.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/news/former-beauty-queens-trump-strolled-into-pageant-dressing-rooms-160035885.html?client=safari

PostPosted: 10/12/16 10:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Here's your question of the day: How many of these Republicans would be abandoning Trump if the woman he had been talking about wasn't white?

I didn't gather that his "grab 'em by the pu**y" comment was even directed at any specific woman, just women in general. Or are you referring to the married woman he admitted trying to bang? Regardless, I doubt race played a significant part in Republicans fleeing the nasty idiot, just the general sexism he represents. I can give most Republicans fleeing Donald at least THAT much credit. Laughing

PostPosted: 10/13/16 12:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

That part that has people the most upset was not made with regard to a specific woman.

Genero36

PostPosted: 10/13/16 8:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10/13/16 3:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://people.com/politics/donald-trump-attacked-people-writer/

It was not "just locker room talk".

I have to imagine there are other bombshells waiting to drop. He was clearly bragging about actual actions.

Quote:
We walked into that room alone, and Trump shut the door behind us. I turned around, and within seconds he was pushing me against the wall and forcing his tongue down my throat.

Quote:
And, just for the record, Mr. Trump, I did not consent.

PostPosted: 10/13/16 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
http://people.com/politics/donald-trump-attacked-people-writer/

It was not "just locker room talk".

I have to imagine there are other bombshells waiting to drop. He was clearly bragging about actual actions.

Quote:
We walked into that room alone, and Trump shut the door behind us. I turned around, and within seconds he was pushing me against the wall and forcing his tongue down my throat.

Quote:
And, just for the record, Mr. Trump, I did not consent.

It's interesting to me though, that the rape allegations aren't talked about at all with Trump.

PostPosted: 10/13/16 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/4o8yJtc62q8" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4o8yJtc62q8

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 10/13/16 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

again i say, curt schilling is a stupid fucking asshole.

PostPosted: 10/13/16 6:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

All this stuff is years old. You have to wonder why it never came out in the primaries or during the summer. How long have these journalists been sitting on this stuff?

PostPosted: 10/13/16 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
again i say, curt schilling is a stupid fucking asshole.

No kidding. He is definitely on his own on that one, and the way he sees this sort of thing as normal would make me think twice about allowing a female child around him. We are talking about a 10 year old. There is a case to be made about a biological response to a 16 or 17 year old, but even then a person with a healthy impulse control should be able to process that person as still being a child and not sexualize them.

But a 10 year old? Thinking of them as a potential "date" as soon as the law allows it is beyond disturbing. There is no reason why any sexual thought should occur to someone in reference to a child of that age--even in extrapolation to some future time where it won't send you to prison.

PostPosted: 10/13/16 6:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:

All this stuff is years old. You have to wonder why it never came out in the primaries or during the summer. How long have these journalists been sitting on this stuff?

Journalists? Probably not that long. They would be afraid of being scooped.

But the people who had the tapes? I am sure the leaking of them was timed for maximum impact. As far as women coming forward? Well, there have been women making claims all along, yet until now no one really took them seriously, and you can see how they were treated. I imagine that now women who felt alone or powerless against someone like Trump now feel like they can come forward and be believed.

The writer for People describes why now perfectly in her article.

PostPosted: 10/13/16 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:

I have a feeling the Clinton campaign dug it up and fed it to them.

Which means it didn't come out in the primaries because the rest of the Republican party was too stupid to go looking for it. (I also wonder if it would have had as big of an effect.)

PostPosted: 10/13/16 8:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Which means it didn't come out in the primaries because the rest of the Republican party was too stupid to go looking for it. (I also wonder if it would have had as big of an effect.)

It was a big field. Trump was leading the polls for months. It's hard to believe none of them found any of it.

PostPosted: 10/13/16 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:

It was a big field. Trump was leading the polls for months. It's hard to believe none of them found any of it.

Not really. The Clinton campaign has stated they've been looking for dirt on Trump since March.

Jeb/Rubio/Ted/Kasich were the only candidates who had the resources and time (because Trump running was even a surprise) to do so, and they couldn't beat the guy either so it's not like we're dealing with the top brass of political campaigns.

PostPosted: 10/13/16 9:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:
pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:

How would you find it? Don't they (or a confidant) have to come to you? At least one of the women says that she decided to come forward after hearing the Billy Bush tape and then hearing Trump deny that he had ever done what he said in the tape. That could be true for the others as well. All those Cosby women didn't speak out until a comedian's routine went viral and made it a national headline.

There was a sexual harassment lawsuit against Trump from 1997, but the woman he settled with for $100,000 dated him a year later and even attended a Trump rally this campaign. I can't find the article, but she says she came forward this summer - after the Republican primaries - after Trump said something or denied something that upset her.

tfan

PostPosted: 10/13/16 11:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Someone just said that it's not a "He said, she said" with regard to Trump. "It's a he said, and she confirmed".

tfan

PostPosted: 10/14/16 8:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump reportedly blocked his campaign from doing opposition research on him

Genero36

PostPosted: 10/14/16 11:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/yrEhkuD5RF0?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=yrEhkuD5RF0

PostPosted: 10/14/16 11:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/DkItgLq19qY?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=DkItgLq19qY

PostPosted: 10/14/16 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/NdqWlrlZhyo?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=NdqWlrlZhyo

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/L4Pt_W57-eM?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=L4Pt_W57-eM

<embed><iframe width="640" height="360" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/fhiK_C4nIgU?feature=player_detailpage" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fhiK_C4nIgU

PostPosted: 10/14/16 1:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
How would you find it? Don't they (or a confidant) have to come to you? At least one of the women says that she decided to come forward after hearing the Billy Bush tape and then hearing Trump deny that he had ever done what he said in the tape. That could be true for the others as well. All those Cosby women didn't speak out until a comedian's routine went viral and made it a national headline.

There was a sexual harassment lawsuit against Trump from 1997, but the woman he settled with for $100,000 dated him a year later and even attended a Trump rally this campaign. I can't find the article, but she says she came forward this summer - after the Republican primaries - after Trump said something or denied something that upset her.

Not precisely true. Women had spoken out about Cosby before. It just wasn't given much credence until the male comedian supported it. There's actually quite a bit of annoyance about that.

PostPosted: 10/14/16 1:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

norwester wrote:
tfan wrote:

Not precisely true. Women had spoken out about Cosby before. It just wasn't given much credence until the male comedian supported it. There's actually quite a bit of annoyance about that.

Which would also be consistent with Trump. There have been people making accusations and lawsuits filed, but they were not given credence until the tape was published.

PostPosted: 10/14/16 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump may or may not have done some or all of what he is now accused of doing, but I find it interesting that some of the same people who have brushed off or attacked as "not credible" every accusation made for twenty-five years against Bill Clinton are now eager to accept as absolutely true everything said by anyone coming out of the woodwork with an accusation against Trump.

Genero36

PostPosted: 10/14/16 2:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump Jr.: Women Who 'Can't Handle' Harassment Should Teach Kindergarten

Quote:
Trump Jr. then said, "I’m of that mindset — and I’ll get into trouble, I’m sure — I’ve been on this show enough, I’m sure I’ll get myself in trouble one of these days — but like, if you can’t handle some of the basic stuff that’s become a problem in the workforce today, like you don’t belong in the workforce. Like, you should go maybe teach kindergarten. I think it’s a respectable position."

"You can’t be negotiating billion-dollar deals if you can’t handle, like, you know...” Trump Jr. continued. “But listen — there’s a place where you have to draw the line — but today the stuff you get in trouble for…”

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/trump-jr-women-who-cant-handle-harassment-should-teach-kindergarten/ar-AAiX2jo?li=BBnbfcL

PostPosted: 10/14/16 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Trump may or may not have done some or all of what he is now accused of doing, but I find it interesting that some of the same people who have brushed off or attacked as "not credible" every accusation made for twenty-five years against Bill Clinton are now eager to accept as absolutely true everything said by anyone coming out of the woodwork with an accusation against Trump.

Bill was a sleaze. And it bothers me that so many people who would call themselves feminists excuse his behavior and the allegations against him. Of course, there is no way that he would be elected in today's world. Just as Clarence Thomas would not be able to be confirmed today. The public's tolerance for these things has changed for the better. Gone are the days of LBJ whipping out "Jumbo" for everyone.

There are some differences, the Broaddrick case is complicated by the fact that she signed an affidavit saying she had not been raped. And now these women are allowing someone who is being accused of the same thing to use them as political props. That feeds the belief that this is politically motivated. But to dismiss them out of hand as so many do is indeed hypocritical.

My view on this is that Bill is not running for president, Hillary and Trump are. Any argument that revolves around "Clinton did it too" is just wrong. I don't blame Hillary for Bill's actions (or for standing by him and believing him) any more than I blame Melania for Trump's.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 4 of 9

Jump to: