RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

donald tripe busted. no - really this time.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tfan

PostPosted: 10/08/16 3:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just heard talk about calls for the RNC to drop Trump. They can't change the ballots, so don't know what can they do other than re-direct funds.

EDIT: David Gergin just said they can't force him out, but they can withdraw support for him and he claims that Trump depends on the RNC far more than any other candidate ever has.

Trump probably should have just gone with the 121 million the government will give you if you decide to forego campaign donations. That would have worked beautifully with his "not tied to donors" that he used in the primary. Some people have speculated that big ad buys like Clinton is doing, don't have the effect they once did. It might be smart for any candidate to take the 121 million and then position themselves as a candidate of the people, not the donors.

tfan

PostPosted: 10/08/16 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Who would have guessed Billy would be the Bush to take down Trump...

If he was like cousin Jeb, instead of cousin George, Trump never would have been saying that. Billy was the right guy to get that type of conversation rolling.

Apparently he didn't realize their mikes were on as well and it may hurt him - there is talk of removing him from the Today show.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 10/08/16 4:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
pilight wrote:
Who would have guessed Billy would be the Bush to take down Trump...

If he was like cousin Jeb, instead of cousin George, Trump never would have been saying that. Billy was the right guy to get that type of conversation rolling.

Excellent point. Trump was bragging to a star-struck, willing and luridly inquiring audience in Billy Bush.

I'm sure Trump has never had any trouble getting action. Rich, good looking and a top athlete, he's been hit on by women his entire post-puberty life and likes it. In his senior year at the New York Military Academy he was voted the class "Ladies Man".

pilight

PostPosted: 10/08/16 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The age of the tape is irrelevant, according to someone close to Trump...

100% of perverts go back to their ways. Sadly, there is no cure

PostPosted: 10/09/16 12:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
tfan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
Anybody think that Pence is regretting giving up being gov. to be Trump's VP?

Someone just commented on Pence's statement regarding the Trump hot mike tape, and they said it sounded like he was putting pressure on Trump to say the right things in the debate, and also positioning himself for a run in 2020. They also raised the possibility that Pence would drop out.
I think that's the big reason he agreed to be VP.

That makes no sense. Not once in the history of the USA has a non-incumbent running mate of a losing campaign gotten the party nomination in the next election, or even the one after that. Only once has someone lost as a running mate and come back later to become president: James Cox's 1920 running mate won the presidential election 12 years later.

Really. "No sense", indeed! Look where it got Palin? Laughing Though, in some ways perhaps, it's not all that fair to Pence, his greatly-diminished future in politics is karmic justice for his douchebag positions.

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I'm sure Trump has never had any trouble getting action. Rich, good looking<insert puke emoji!> and a top athlete, he's been hit on by women his entire post-puberty life and likes it.

Yeah, cuz THIS is all about fulfilling sexual needs. Rolling Eyes How clueless can you get, dude? This piggish behavior is about feeling entitled to take what is "yours", to appropriate what others cannot, cuz YOU'RE The Powerful One. It is a mental pathology that's related to sexual needs in a surface way only.

I can just see it now: Trump goes into tomorrow's debate like a tear-streaked Jimmy Sweigart did years ago, bawling his way to Republican forgiveness. You KNOW The Deplorables will still be voting for him. Razz

Stever, thanks for that Robert DeNiro vid....He's still my biggest actor heart-throb. Cool

PostPosted: 10/09/16 8:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 10/09/16 9:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
tfan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

Someone just commented on Pence's statement regarding the Trump hot mike tape, and they said it sounded like he was putting pressure on Trump to say the right things in the debate, and also positioning himself for a run in 2020. They also raised the possibility that Pence would drop out.

That makes no sense. Not once in the history of the USA has a non-incumbent running mate of a losing campaign gotten the party nomination in the next election, or even the one after that. Only once has someone lost as a running mate and come back later to become president: James Cox's 1920 running mate won the presidential election 12 years later.

He didn't go into it thinking that he would be "a non-incumbent running mate of a losing campaign."

pilight

PostPosted: 10/09/16 10:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ex-Ref wrote:
pilight wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
tfan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

He didn't go into it thinking that he would be "a non-incumbent running mate of a losing campaign."

So he was going to oppose Trump for the nomination in 2020? Or he thought Trump wouldn't run for a second term? Either way, the odds are not much better. We've only elected one sitting vice president in the last 180 years.

PostPosted: 10/09/16 10:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
pilight wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
tfan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

So he was going to oppose Trump for the nomination in 2020? Or he thought Trump wouldn't run for a second term? Either way, the odds are not much better. We've only elected one sitting vice president in the last 180 years.

Perhaps he expected Trump to do something to get himself impeached and removed... Laughing

PostPosted: 10/09/16 10:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pence took the job as VP because his political career was over if he didn't. Might as well take a shot at the White House.

PostPosted: 10/09/16 10:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

double post

PostPosted: 10/09/16 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
pilight wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:
tfan wrote:
Ex-Ref wrote:

I don't think that anyone expected Trump to make it through his first term (if elected).

My feeling is that Trump just wanted to WIN! Just to say that he could do it. I've never had the feeling that he really wants to be an all-in pres. It's an ego trip for him. I see him wanting the glamour part of the office, but not the day-to-day parts.

Do you really think that he wants to be tied into all of the mundane stuff that the pres does? Can you really see him pardoning the Thanksgiving turkey? Do you really see him attending the funerals of foreign dignitaries? Rolling up his sleeves and touring places of a natural disaster?

I could see him 'reigning' for a couple of years, enjoying the power of the presidency, then resigning citing health issues or family issues or business issues.

I don't think that Pence expected it to fall so completely apart this early.

Why would Pence, the incumbent, drop out of a race for gov. that he was expected to win, to join a doomed presidential ticket?

scullyfu

PostPosted: 10/09/16 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

reportedly one of the evil-spawn Trump sons tried to woo John Kasich to the ticket with promises that he would handle the day-to-day government duties while Trump was out 'making america great again', whatever that means. so why should we believe that the same offer wasn't made to Pence? wouldn't that be reason enough for him to agree to be on the ticket?

PostPosted: 10/11/16 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Dear Donald Trump: I played in the NFL. Here’s what we really talk about in the locker room.

Quote:
Dear Donald Trump,

Last Friday, audio leaked of you making incredibly demeaning comments about women and bragging about sexual assault. When asked to justify your statements, you claimed that this was "locker room talk," and it's just how guys speak about women.

You're wrong, and only the type of wrong an over-tanned ham hock like yourself can accomplish, plummeting past the morass of gross incivility into the abyss of depraved sociopathy.

How do I know this? Simple. I was in an NFL locker room for eight years, the very definition of the macho, alpha male environment you're so feebly trying to evoke to protect yourself, and not once did anyone approach your breathtaking depths of arrogant imbecility. Oh, sure, we had some dumb guys, and some guys I wouldn't want to hang out with on any sort of regular basis, but we never had anyone say anything as foul and demeaning as you did on that tape, and, hell, I played a couple years with a guy who later turned out to be a serial rapist. Even he never talked like that.

PostPosted: 10/11/16 2:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:
Dear Donald Trump: I played in the NFL. Here’s what we really talk about in the locker room.

Quote:
Dear Donald Trump,

Last Friday, audio leaked of you making incredibly demeaning comments about women and bragging about sexual assault. When asked to justify your statements, you claimed that this was "locker room talk," and it's just how guys speak about women.

You're wrong, and only the type of wrong an over-tanned ham hock like yourself can accomplish, plummeting past the morass of gross incivility into the abyss of depraved sociopathy.

How do I know this? Simple. I was in an NFL locker room for eight years, the very definition of the macho, alpha male environment you're so feebly trying to evoke to protect yourself, and not once did anyone approach your breathtaking depths of arrogant imbecility. Oh, sure, we had some dumb guys, and some guys I wouldn't want to hang out with on any sort of regular basis, but we never had anyone say anything as foul and demeaning as you did on that tape, and, hell, I played a couple years with a guy who later turned out to be a serial rapist. Even he never talked like that.

Chris Kluwe is a national treasure.

pilight

PostPosted: 10/11/16 5:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Donald Trump believes locker room talk is a fire-able offense

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/785597497737670657

PostPosted: 10/11/16 5:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Donald Trump believes locker room talk is a fire-able offense

https://twitter.com/TheDailyShow/status/785597497737670657

Now Maria, come see me after the show....

PostPosted: 10/11/16 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Scott Baio: Offended by Trump's language? Grow up

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jaOQwEoPczE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://youtu.be/jaOQwEoPczE

PostPosted: 10/11/16 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Scott Baio. Now all we need to hear from is Roger Ailes and Bill Cosby.

PostPosted: 10/11/16 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

Your post implies that Baio was accused of either sexual harassment or sexual assault, but I don't see anything out there. Is there something that you know of?

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/11/16 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Your post implies that Baio was accused of either sexual harassment or sexual assault, but I don't see anything out there. Is there something that you know of?

No. He is just well known for his attitude about women. It is no surprise that he doesn't have a problem with comments like that.

PostPosted: 10/11/16 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd say THIS is all voters really need to know.

PostPosted: 10/12/16 8:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Do you laugh or do you cry?

The reactions of the anchors are kind of priceless. Especially the male.

The Trump supporter is just Shocked.

http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2016/10/10/trump-supporter-talks-dismembered-babies-baldwin-bts-nr.cnn

pilight

PostPosted: 10/12/16 12:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Here's your question of the day: How many of these Republicans would be abandoning Trump if the woman he had been talking about wasn't white?

PostPosted: 10/12/16 12:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Here's your question of the day: How many of these Republicans would be abandoning Trump if the woman he had been talking about wasn't white?

That question is linked to how the public would react. The reason the Republicans are ditching him is because he is plummeting in the polls and they don't think he can win. If he was going to win, would they have still abandoned him, or would they be rationalizing it like the rest of his surrogates? I am certain the vast majority would have stuck with him.

In this case, however, I don't think it would matter if she was not white since the part that bothered the people the most was the general statement where he bragged about committing sexual assault. If it had just been the objectification part I doubt it would have been as big of a deal. We had already heard him rating women, calling them pieces of asses, and all sorts of other crass things. So the part that was specific to a white woman wasn't really what did it.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 3 of 9

Jump to: