RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Pitch

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 09/23/16 7:31 am    ::: Pitch Reply Reply with quote

This is going to be a fun show. Kylie Bunbury looks like an athlete. They had the good sense to avoid making Blip's wife the jealous stereotype. If you can wrap your head around Zack Morris being a grizzled veteran jock, I think this one is a winner.

OTOH, I was not at all fooled by the pilot twist...

PostPosted: 09/23/16 4:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The show was good but I would hold off on going hog wild over it just yet.

And it's been a long time since Mark-Paul Gosselaar has been Zack Morris. I don't think of him that way anymore, he's proven he's got actual dramatic acting chops.

And the twist was really rather unnecessary.

I'm going to watch the show, but no raves just yet.
norwester

PostPosted: 10/04/16 12:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched it and I loved it. I was worried that it would be too schmaltzy or preachy, and it wasn't (at least for me). It actually seemed fairly grounded (enough to easily suspend my disbelief, anyway). Good cast; good performances. And Mark-Paul Gosselaar didn't prove his dramatic acting chops to you through several seasons of NYPD Blue? That's a pretty high bar. Shocked Wink

PostPosted: 10/04/16 2:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I watched the first two episodes...not too bad. Even though I knew Gosselaar was in it, it took me a bit to recognize him.

That said, I think it would have been neat to have the MLB starts at the end of the season and have the season build up through her minor leagues...sending things through a flashback when we know the outcome is a bit wanky. The dead father was kind of odd and a bad reveal that early.

I'll keep giving it a chance, but I'm not sold on it yet.

Realcomplicated

PostPosted: 10/05/16 12:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Meh! I watched it but, I guess have to be a baseball fan to appreciate it...

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 10/05/16 5:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Given that the ratings aren't great, I have a feeling that the show might not be around long.

The show has a ways to go, but it is decent. It is too bad that people will be turned off by the baseball aspect of the show.
norwester

PostPosted: 10/06/16 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Realcomplicated wrote:
Meh! I watched it but, I guess have to be a baseball fan to appreciate it...

I don't know that I'd consider myself a baseball fan. I do enjoy the "business" of professional team sports, though, so that kind of behind the scenes access does appeal to me.

Also, it's nice to see Ali Larter with a meaty role again. I liked her in "Heroes" back when it was good. And I'm amused that she was Claire Redfield in one of the Resident Evil movies that I liked the most (not the greatest of movies, but they entertain me in a certain way).

PostPosted: 05/01/17 8:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pitch had been officially canceled.

This really sucks. It was a good, unique show that would have helped to normalize women professional athletes.

PostPosted: 05/01/17 9:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

This really sucks. It was a good, unique show that would have helped to normalize women professional athletes.

It is disappointing. It really needed a different time slot. If they moved to Tuesdays, where Scream Queens was crashing, it would have taken off.

PostPosted: 05/01/17 9:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:

It is disappointing. It really needed a different time slot. If they moved to Tuesdays, where Scream Queens was crashing, it would have taken off.

Agreed.

PostPosted: 05/02/17 6:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Tuesdays? Against the NCIS franchise? It would've died a faster death.
pilight

PostPosted: 05/02/17 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
pilight wrote:
justintyme wrote:

Tuesdays? Against the NCIS franchise? It would've died a faster death.

Putting a sports show on Thursday, against actual sports, was always a bad decision. NCIS is a different audience.

PostPosted: 05/02/17 4:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

justintyme wrote:

Sad

PostPosted: 05/02/17 5:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Putting a sports show on Thursday, against actual sports, was always a bad decision. NCIS is a different audience.

Sorry, I don't agree. There really isn't anything that can stand up to the juggernaut that is NCIS.
justintyme

PostPosted: 05/02/17 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
pilight wrote:

Sorry, I don't agree. There really isn't anything that can stand up to the juggernaut that is NCIS.

I'm not sure about that as far as demo groups go. NCIS's ratings skew old as it is not nearly as popular with young folks. Pitch was aimed much younger and towards sports fans. Avoiding the big sports nights was probably nore important than avoiding specific shows.

PostPosted: 05/08/20 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pitch was added to Hulu this week!

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: