RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 09/26/16 6:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Hmmm, she didn't want to go, but she wouldn't want to return? To a playoff team to play with Bird and Stewie? Okay....

Ouch, I hope Miller isn't reading this. Are you saying there's not much hope for CON to be a playoff team?

Like I said in another thread, WAS might be an ideal spot for Little. Closer to home base (NC), and she could play with old UNC teammates Latta and Sanders.

dtsnms wrote:
They wanted the pick and Montgomery, so they had to trade her. Why does that say they didn't like her?

I'm sure it's not like "they don't like me", but it does show a lack of respect for a player that was with them all that time. This is from the players' perspective.

dtsnms wrote:
Uh, Stewart perhaps? Really? I said there's now a 6'4 player that might have impacted trades and who they traded. You don't think having Stewie then would have impacted that decision?

What does Stewart have to do with anything? She was just a tiny blip on the radar a year away. They didn't even use the #3 pick on anything sensible like EWilliams.

dtsnms wrote:
Montgomery went to Seattle, and then asked for a trade to a contender.

Is this a fact or speculation? I'm pretty sure MIN targeted Montgomery because they needed a backup for an unhealthy Whalen, and SEA has been wanting Monica Wright for a few years. The timing and circumstances were perfect for a trade.

dtsnms wrote:
If Stewart were there, you don't think Renee would've wanted to maybe stay with Stewie and Bird?

Not sure how this relevant? Everybody wants to play with Stewart?

dtsnms wrote:
Little didn't want to leave Seattle. She didn't sign an offer sheet with anyone.

We finally agree on something.

dtsnms wrote:
She must hate LA too then.

Little never played for the Sparks.

dtsnms wrote:
Okay, so a post that knows the system and has won a title with Bird doesn't fit as well as a guard that knows the system. They'd bring back Quinn for experience, but not Little. That makes no sense at all.

They didn't bring back Little. If she was perfect for them, why didn't they do it? Who knows, maybe they tried. Quinn is just lucky to have a spot on any team.

dtsnms wrote:
Where did I say that?

Most people who want to keep players on their team aren't suggesting another team for them to go.

dtsnms wrote:
I guess nastiness and condescending posts are in the eye of the beholder. You think you're neither of those and I can think of several posters (no, I'm not going to name names sorry again), that would agree with me.

This has something to do with basketball? You're the one getting personal, so that's where the nastiness lies.

[quote="dtsnms"]Would you like to know what I really don't like? A person that sits behind a keyboard and doesn't talk to anyone in the league that thinks they know how to read minds and posts their conclusions as facts.

I think most people are able to discern fact from speculation or opinion.

dtsnms wrote:
Perfect example, all season I saw from you that Curt Miller loves draft picks so he should trade all veterans for 2017 picks etc. etc. What a load of crap. Just because a coach turned over players that didn't want to be there for young talent it doesn't mean he doesn't like veterans.

What does it mean? You're saying it wasn't just Bone who didn't want to be there? Williams and Chelsea Gray also didn't want to be there? You're posting this like it's a fact. Bottom line, he's had 6 rookies in camp and ended up keeping 4.

You think Miller should never be criticized by us "little people" at a message board? People can learn from criticism. And if Miller or you thinks criticism is undeserved, then you should just ignore it. Who cares what I think? I'm just this little no-nothing person (as you like to point out) that watches most of the games.

Didn't you watch the Miller GM press conference? He even admits that he's made mistakes as a coach and will make them as a GM. But I guess you can just sit here and stew about criticisms of a rookie when he criticizes himself.
Do I think he'll get better? Yeah, he can't help but to get better with experience, unless he's a lost cause like Fred Williams.

dtsnms wrote:
In fact, he gave Bone and Little starting spots in camp from day one. I cover the team, I cover the league. I know what I'm talking about. You don't seem to get that part or care what people who actually know something have to say.

Talk about condescending.

dtsnms wrote:
Just because not everything can be said publicly at the time doesn't mean people don't know things.

Well this whole argument stems from your OPINION that Little is a perfect fit for the Storm.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
pilight

PostPosted: 10/03/16 2:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WEATHER IT ALL: THE STRANGE LIFE OF A WNBA FANBASE IN A CITY WITHOUT A NBA TEAM

https://sports.vice.com/en_us/article/weather-it-all-the-strange-life-of-a-wnba-fanbase-in-a-city-without-a-nba-team

Quote:
Seventeen seasons may seem like a lot when compared to other women's professional sports teams, but we're only turning a corner now when it comes to true generational shift. The players on the court are proof. Breanna Stewart and Jewell Loyd, the 22-year-olds who comprise the core of the Storm's roster, were babies when the WNBA started two decades ago. Sue Bird, the point guard feeding them passes, was a teenager before a professional future seemed possible. In a very real way, they grew up as basketball players in strikingly different worlds.

PostPosted: 10/04/16 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
If Jenna O'Hea was a certain other aussie there would be a report for sure Wink The Storm have always been pretty honest about injuries so excuse me for being suprised when a solid rotation player vanishes from the rotation and a player that the coach adores doesnt even see the court untill garbage time.

Jenna and Monica Wright got minutes in garbage time so if they were dealing with injuries Boucek wouldnt take that risk. So for me that's why i think it's strange

Great observation....

There's a difference between being healthy enough to dress and being so healthy that you move like you once did. Watching Monnie during warmups, it was obvious she just didn't move as well. Jenna disappeared from warmups halfway through the season so I assumed at that point that she was also less than 100%. She also tended to come out after games with ice on her knees even though she hadn't played. I am lucky enough to be able to stay afterwards so I tend to see who has had work on what body part. Sue, by the way, comes out with no precautionary ice which says to me she's feeling really good.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 10/04/16 1:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmm, dtsnms has sat down and interviewed Cheryl Reeve. And Jenny Boucek. And Maya Moore, Curt Miller, Camille Little, etc. etc. etc. Dave is an INSIDER. He is like LFO or Paul Swanson. When he comes in and says something is a fact I sit down and remember this and shut my mouth and stop arguing with him. Anyone who doesn't should probably post their press pass or locker room access badge to show why they deserve to be taken as seriously as I do him.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/04/16 4:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
If Jenna O'Hea was a certain other aussie there would be a report for sure Wink The Storm have always been pretty honest about injuries so excuse me for being suprised when a solid rotation player vanishes from the rotation and a player that the coach adores doesnt even see the court untill garbage time.

Jenna and Monica Wright got minutes in garbage time so if they were dealing with injuries Boucek wouldnt take that risk. So for me that's why i think it's strange

Great observation....

There's a difference between being healthy enough to dress and being so healthy that you move like you once did. Watching Monnie during warmups, it was obvious she just didn't move as well. Jenna disappeared from warmups halfway through the season so I assumed at that point that she was also less than 100%. She also tended to come out after games with ice on her knees even though she hadn't played. I am lucky enough to be able to stay afterwards so I tend to see who has had work on what body part. Sue, by the way, comes out with no precautionary ice which says to me she's feeling really good.

I see your point. I also saw on the Storm site that Jenna isnt going to play in France or anywhere else this offseason. So she might want some rest to get fully healthy. I just would have liked to get some news about them not playing. Even Fain didnt mentioned it and just often said that this was the first full healthy season of Monica Wright with the Storm etc.
So i was like no she isnt playing so there must be something going on.
If this was LJ there would be a injury report for sure or something to let the fans know. I expect atleast something about the 'rotation players/role players'

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Nerd2

PostPosted: 10/04/16 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Great observation....

I see your point. I also saw on the Storm site that Jenna isnt going to play in France or anywhere else this offseason. So she might want some rest to get fully healthy. I just would have liked to get some news about them not playing. Even Fain didnt mentioned it and just often said that this was the first full healthy season of Monica Wright with the Storm etc.
If this was LJ there would be a injury report for sure or something to let the fans know. I expect atleast something about the 'rotation players/role players'

And I tried to tell you this. Said it a couple of times that I recall. And I was shut down by Mr. Prahalis as "just a fan who goes to a lot of games." Well, yeah. You don't think being able to observe them in warmups, on the bench and talk to them after the game might tell me a few things?

Teams aren't going to come right out and say things like "well, she's healthy but she seems to have lost a step so I'm not playing her." As far as I can see, Boucek/Valavanis take the approach that they will let nothing slip about player conditions unless surgery is done. So, unless the press - likt dtsnms - can find out the details, you'll never hear about it. And if they do come on, there is a lot they can't say so they drop hints.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 10/05/16 12:28 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Great observation....

And I tried to tell you this. Said it a couple of times that I recall. And I was shut down by Mr. Prahalis as "just a fan who goes to a lot of games." Well, yeah. You don't think being able to observe them in warmups, on the bench and talk to them after the game might tell me a few things?

Teams aren't going to come right out and say things like "well, she's healthy but she seems to have lost a step so I'm not playing her." As far as I can see, Boucek/Valavanis take the approach that they will let nothing slip about player conditions unless surgery is done. So, unless the press - likt dtsnms - can find out the details, you'll never hear about it. And if they do come on, there is a lot they can't say so they drop hints.

I believe what you say. Never denied that but i just dont like hearing nothing about it and commentators saying the opposite. Im not used to that from Fain. He normally knows what goes on in practise, warmups etc. so maybe he was informed to not say anything about it?

In Jenna's case she wasnt healthy so lost a step because of that.
You think Monica Wright is healthy as can be but lost a step because of all her injuries? Therefore might not be on the roster next season?

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 01/11/17 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Gary Kloppenburg Joins Seattle Storm Coaching Staff

http://storm.wnba.com/news/gary-kloppenburg-joins-seattle-storm-coaching-staff/

Looks like Leah Drury isn't returning.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 01/11/17 1:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

They should make Gary head coach since I believe Jenny Boucek is inept in that role.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/11/17 3:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
toad455 wrote:

They should make Gary head coach since I believe Jenny Boucek is inept in that role.

Your opinion is not shared by the players, the staff, and many of us fans. And it is presented with any sort of supplementary evidence to support your claim. For all we know, you're just jealous of her ability to rock those heels.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/11/17 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

How do you know it's Drury? I've been unable to find any information on this.

toad455

PostPosted: 01/11/17 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
toad455 wrote:

How do you know it's Drury? I've been unable to find any information on this.

She's not listed under their coaches anymore.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Ay Mate

PostPosted: 01/11/17 4:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Your opinion is not shared by the players, the staff, and many of us fans. And it is presented with any sort of supplementary evidence to support your claim. For all we know, you're just jealous of her ability to rock those heels.

Well, I honestly don't think I'd be able to 'rock those heels' but I haven't seen much good coaching on her part to change my mind. She too was a disaster in Sacramento. Didn't some of the players there get her fired or replaced because she kept bring religion into the lockeroom and some players didn't like it too much? Thought I heard something like that years ago when she took over in Sacramento.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/11/17 4:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
She too was a disaster in Sacramento. Didn't some of the players there get her fired or replaced because she kept bring religion into the lockeroom and some players didn't like it too much?

Yeah, it came up when she was canned...

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?p=697039#697039

PostPosted: 01/11/17 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
She too was a disaster in Sacramento. Didn't some of the players there get her fired or replaced because she kept bring religion into the lockeroom and some players didn't like it too much?

People keep bringing this up. It is clearly not an issue with the players and the Storm. Bird and LJ have spoken about this in the past.

Brondello did bad with the Stars and then became coach of the year and got a championship with the Mercury. Brian Agler is one of the best coaches in the league but he didnt do that all that well early on with the Lynx (i believe). Coaches deserve 2nd chances to prove themselves just like players..

IMO Boucek did a good job last season and im looking forward to see the team improve under her this season.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/11/17 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ay Mate wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Well, I honestly don't think I'd be able to 'rock those heels' but I haven't seen much good coaching on her part to change my mind. She too was a disaster in Sacramento. Didn't some of the players there get her fired or replaced because she kept bring religion into the lockeroom and some players didn't like it too much? Thought I heard something like that years ago when she took over in Sacramento.

Oh, got it, you're going entirely by old information and rumor from 5-7 years ago to base her current performance on. No, a group of players did not get her replaced. John Whisenant was a sack of shit who hired a young coach to "mentor" which meant he was still meddling constantly and bringing in personnel that fit his system not hers. Yeah, she was probably even more of a "positive vibes" person than she is now but any frustration in the locker room was a lot more due to the situation than her. The Maloofs had been making noises about dumping the team for a while so Whisenant took over coaching as a last ditch and ultimately futile effort to save the team.

Where did I get this info? I talk to a ton of people. You'd be surprised how much you can pick up when your PAC-12 tournament seat is between the TV announcers and the VIPs and your Storm seat is right by the bench.

As for Boucek's job currently, Sue Bird stayed in Seattle because of her. She gave it one year, liked it, and decided to sign that final contract because of it. The players seem to love the scheme and the bench chemistry is top notch. Look at how Langhorne improved over the Olympic break once they had time to understand how she and Stevie needed to play together. Look at how the team made the playoffs a year before everyone expected them to. They know what they are missing and have been trying to make moves to get it. You can only have so much luck. Winner with draft picks, loser with a backup PG and center.

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/11/17 4:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
pilight wrote:
Ay Mate wrote:

People keep bringing this up. It is clearly not an issue with the players and the Storm. Bird and LJ have spoken about this in the past.

Brondello did bad with the Stars and then became coach of the year and got a championship with the Mercury. Brian Agler is one of the best coaches in the league but he didnt do that all that well early on with the Lynx (i believe). Coaches deserve 2nd chances to prove themselves just like players..

IMO Boucek did a good job last season and im looking forward to see the team improve under her this season.

Seriously. Even it was true, it was 7 years ago and she's had the benefit of all that mentorship under Agler and Darsch. I've certainly changed a lot with my work skill set and maturity in 7 years.

Ay Mate

PostPosted: 01/11/17 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok, I'll give Boucek the benefit of the doubt for the upcoming season.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/16/17 12:38 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Breanna Stewart strained her PCL in her right knee. No surgery required. She will rehab in the USA.

PostPosted: 01/16/17 12:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doug Feinberg wrote:
ROY @bre_stewart30 has a sprained PCL in her right knee. She said:"It's nothing major, no surgery necessary," she's going to rehab in US

Nerd2

PostPosted: 01/16/17 12:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Doug's post. She's hoping to get back there for playoffs.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/8561a70bd1e7419f8a6db643afcaa82e/breanna-stewart-flies-home-china-knee-injury

Shades

PostPosted: 01/16/17 1:06 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
She's been filming a web-based reality series that will debut on her Facebook page this week.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/04/17 5:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm re-signed Langhorne

threefrom60

PostPosted: 02/05/17 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:

It's been so long since I posted here that I actually looked for a 'like' button for this post. Laughing

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 02/05/17 11:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm looking forward to Media Day photos of Carolyn Swords decked out in the Storm uniform.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 3 of 19

Jump to: