RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2017
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 09/26/16 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Don't know what peoples fascination is with Achonwa.She's done nothing in this league to be a starter.

People were thinking the same thing about Clarendon, and then BAMM, now people love her in ATL.

Natasha Howard only got like scant minutes in the Finals last year, and BAMM, she's not getting scant minutes anymore.

Is there a pattern here with IND? It's a pattern worth exploring, especially considering Achonwa was in the ROY race in the first half of 2015.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/26/16 12:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Has the way the draft is done changed?

PostPosted: 09/26/16 1:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

@ mavcarter & Shades

As i've already mentioned in my first post I'm not opposed to the idea of Seattle acquiring Achonwa as a top 8 rotation player.I'm just not convinced Natalie is what seattle needs at the starting center position.I'd like to see the storm bring in a post who has enough size/legnth to guard the opposing teams best post player and take some of the defensive reponsibilities away from Stewart.Achonwa is a better offensive player than Henry,Aneika is the better defender.If Seattle acquired Achonwa & Henry,that would be even better.Again...Achonwa would be a great pick up for seattle.

Last edited by zune69 on 09/26/16 1:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/26/16 1:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Quote:
The storm can strengthen the SF position by just giving O'Hea 16-22 minutes per game.Clark/O'Hea would be a nice SF duo.

This is what i want too. And earlier in the season this was also the combination that Boucek used. O'Hea got into a shooting slump and she was axed out of the rotation by Boucek Confused and didnt get a new chance because then KML started to find her shot and Boucek went with Quinn as the backup point instead of Loyd. So when Bird rests the line-up was Quinn, Loyd and KML

Or maybe she developed a nagging injury that rendered her less effective which she just had surgery on...

Then why not be honest and bring out a report as the Seattle Storm normally do. Same goes for Monica Wright. Was she healthy or not? Even Fain and the other commentator didnt say/knew what was going on.

Exactly....we're not mind readers.If a team doesn't report a players injuries to the media the only thing we can assume is that the player is healthy.

You're right. No one is a mind reader. And the coach has ZERO reason to explain why someone is or isn't playing.

So why make assumptions at all? You don't have to speculate if someone's in a dog house or injured. Just try to figure out how to make the team better without speculating on a coach's mindset.

For example, how about signing UFA Camille Little? Perfect fit for the Storm.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/26/16 1:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:
Has the way the draft is done changed?

http://www.wnba.com/news/wnba-announces-rules-changes-to-draft-lottery-format/

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/26/16 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

Yeah, another undersized post who'd leave Stewart providing all the length in the paint and doing even more rebounding than she had to next to Langhorne.

PostPosted: 09/26/16 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

You're right. No one is a mind reader. And the coach has ZERO reason to explain why someone is or isn't playing.

So why make assumptions at all? You don't have to speculate if someone's in a dog house or injured. Just try to figure out how to make the team better without speculating on a coach's mindset.

My opinion on O'Hea's playing time is based on the boxscore.In the espn Dream/Storm boxscore O'Hea is list as "DNP COACH'S DECISION".This is a message board.We give our opinions based on the information that is available to us.If Jenna did have a recurring/nagging injury,keeping it a secret did not help seattle beat atlanta.

Last edited by zune69 on 09/26/16 1:27 pm; edited 2 times in total
Shades

PostPosted: 09/26/16 1:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Quote:
The storm can strengthen the SF position by just giving O'Hea 16-22 minutes per game.Clark/O'Hea would be a nice SF duo.

This is what i want too. And earlier in the season this was also the combination that Boucek used. O'Hea got into a shooting slump and she was axed out of the rotation by Boucek Confused and didnt get a new chance because then KML started to find her shot and Boucek went with Quinn as the backup point instead of Loyd. So when Bird rests the line-up was Quinn, Loyd and KML

Or maybe she developed a nagging injury that rendered her less effective which she just had surgery on...

Then why not be honest and bring out a report as the Seattle Storm normally do. Same goes for Monica Wright. Was she healthy or not? Even Fain and the other commentator didnt say/knew what was going on.

Exactly....we're not mind readers.If a team doesn't report a players injuries to the media the only thing we can assume is that the player is healthy.

Yeah, she's such a perfect fit for them. That explains why they traded her to CON in the first place (a place she didn't want to go). Are they going to say we were wrong? Are they going to say it was worth trading her and Stricklen for KML and Monty, who eventually turned into bench-entrenched Monica Wright? Loyalty means nothing to Little?

I think Agler and the Sparks are the more likely destination if she were to leave CON. She blossomed under Agler.... won a championship with him. Agler likes them experienced, unlike CON apparently.

ClayK

PostPosted: 09/26/16 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Any WNBA franchise's first obligation is to do what's best for the team. Unless froced, announcing to other teams and coaches who is and is not available, and why, is counterproductive.

The more an opposing coach knows, the better he or she can prepare. The last, the worse…

PostPosted: 09/26/16 1:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Yeah, she's such a perfect fit for them. That explains why they traded her to CON in the first place (a place she didn't want to go). Are they going to say we were wrong? Are they going to say it was worth trading her and Stricklen for KML and Monty, who eventually turned into bench-entrenched Monica Wright? Loyalty means nothing to Little?

I think Agler and the Sparks are the more likely destination if she were to leave CON. She blossomed under Agler.... won a championship with him. Agler likes them experienced, unlike CON apparently.

Shades, this whole rant of yours here makes no sense. You give up something to get something. They wanted the draft pick and Montgomery. They never said they didn't like her or didn't want her.

They certainly didn't expect Wright to not produce, I'm sure they expected more of KML by now too. You don't make trades in order to not get results.

Did you notice there's a 6'4 part of the team that wasn't there when they made the trade? Think it might have made a difference who they gave up? Think Montgomery might have wanted to stay? What makes you think she didn't want to go to Connecticut by the way? I don't recall any public statements about that.

Didn't they bring back Noelle Quinn who they let go previously?

All is speculation, and I may be right or not. But what you are saying is not accurate, especially the part about why she would be leaving Connecticut.

I love the way you sit on the sidelines in threads now and then come in and nastily shoot down whatever anyone else has to say before making your own crazy speculation.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/26/16 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Any WNBA franchise's first obligation is to do what's best for the team. Unless froced, announcing to other teams and coaches who is and is not available, and why, is counterproductive.

The more an opposing coach knows, the better he or she can prepare. The last, the worse…

Thanks Clay, exactly right.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/26/16 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Jenna O'Hea was a certain other aussie there would be a report for sure Wink The Storm have always been pretty honest about injuries so excuse me for being suprised when a solid rotation player vanishes from the rotation and a player that the coach adores doesnt even see the court untill garbage time.

Jenna and Monica Wright got minutes in garbage time so if they were dealing with injuries Boucek wouldnt take that risk. So for me that's why i think it's strange

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/26/16 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Thanks Clay, exactly right.

I understand where you both are coming from, but I don't think it's too unreasonable for fans of a team to wonder why players aren't playing. I mean, we are paying money to support their product.

I think Monica Wright and Jenna O'hea are the players in question right? It's not like these two players are heavy in the rotation to the point where it would throw off opposing coaches.

PostPosted: 09/26/16 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
If Jenna O'Hea was a certain other aussie there would be a report for sure Wink The Storm have always been pretty honest about injuries so excuse me for being suprised when a solid rotation player vanishes from the rotation and a player that the coach adores doesnt even see the court untill garbage time.

Jenna and Monica Wright got minutes in garbage time so if they were dealing with injuries Boucek wouldnt take that risk. So for me that's why i think it's strange

Great observation....

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/26/16 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Storm should core Langhorne and then offer her to the Liberty for Swords

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/26/16 3:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Great observation....

Okay, so the Storm coaching staff and management should sit down and say we have 12 players on the roster, and since 2 of them aren't playing a lot we should release why we aren't playing a lot to our fans, so they can discuss it on Rebkell.

Do you guys think things through sometimes? You don't know who they are thinking of playing when. What is the benefit to them of releasing the info?

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/26/16 3:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Storm should core Langhorne and then offer her to the Liberty for Swords

so a (maybe) 6'1" 30 year old for a 6'6" 28 year old? And having to pay the upper cored salary as opposed to a mid vet salary. And for someone to play behind Tina Charles as opposed to a starter? Doesn't sound like something LFO would jump at.

I could see Lang in Atlanta though...but what would you want in exchange?

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 09/26/16 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Shades, this whole rant of yours here makes no sense. You give up something to get something. They wanted the draft pick and Montgomery.

Yep, players never take trades personally. Is that what you really believe? Considering there are only 12 teams in the league, it is fairly rare for a player to return to a team that cut or trade them. I can think of 4 instances in the more modern era.

dtsnms wrote:
They never said they didn't like her or didn't want her.

Do you really expect them to say that, but actions speak louder than words.

dtsnms wrote:
Did you notice there's a 6'4 part of the team that wasn't there when they made the trade? Think it might have made a difference who they gave up?

Talk about not making sense. No names... just they's

dtsnms wrote:
Think Montgomery might have wanted to stay?

Stay where, in CON? No, I'm sure she was fed up with all that.
In SEA? Who knows, but I'm sure the thought of the good possibility of winning a championship eased any pain. Why are we talking about Montgomery?

dtsnms wrote:
What makes you think she didn't want to go to Connecticut by the way? I don't recall any public statements about that.

I posted an article where Donovan spoke of heavily pursuing her in RFA, but Little refused to sign an offer sheet. Had to trade for her instead. I believe Bone said in the same article that it was hard to lure FA's to CON because it wasn't a choice destination.

dtsnms wrote:

They wanted somebody with some knowledge of working with Bird to help make a playoff run at the end of the season. Not sure how this similar to Little being a perfect fit with the Storm? You never even bothered explaining why Little is a perfect fit for the Storm. No effort. And then you get mad when somebody disagrees with you.

dtsnms wrote:
All is speculation, and I may be right or not. But what you are saying is not accurate, especially the part about why she would be leaving Connecticut.

Why would she be leaving? You seem to be in favor of her leaving.

dtsnms wrote:
I love the way you sit on the sidelines in threads now and then come in and nastily shoot down whatever anyone else has to say before making your own crazy speculation.

Oh here's your obligatory personal shot. I sit on the sidelines? This sounds like you. There was nothing nasty about my post. I disagreed. I explained why I disagreed and gave a better alternative. If that's being nasty, I wish more people more nasty. You just hate when anybody disagrees with you.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/26/16 3:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Shades, this whole rant of yours here makes no sense. You give up something to get something. They wanted the draft pick and Montgomery.

Yep, players never take trades personally. Is that what you really believe? Considering there are only 12 teams in the league, it is fairly rare for a player to return to a team that cut or trade them. I can think of 4 instances in the more modern era.

dtsnms wrote:
They never said they didn't like her or didn't want her.

dtsnms wrote:
Did you notice there's a 6'4 part of the team that wasn't there when they made the trade? Think it might have made a difference who they gave up?

dtsnms wrote:
Think Montgomery might have wanted to stay?

In SEA? Who knows, but I'm sure the thought of the good possibility of winning a championship eased any pain. Why are we talking about Montgomery?

dtsnms wrote:
What makes you think she didn't want to go to Connecticut by the way? I don't recall any public statements about that.

I posted an article where Donovan spoke of heavily pursuing her in RFA, but Little refused to sign an offer sheet. Had to trade for her instead. I believe Bone said in the same article that it was hard to lure FA's to CON because it wasn't a choice destination.

dtsnms wrote:

They wanted somebody with some knowledge of working with Bird to help make a playoff run at the end of the season. Not sure how this similar to Little being a perfect fit with the Storm? You never even bothered explaining why Little is a perfect fit for the Storm. No effort. And then you get mad when somebody disagrees with you.

dtsnms wrote:

dtsnms wrote:

Oh here's your obligatory personal shot. I sit on the sidelines? This sounds like you. There was nothing nasty about my post. I disagreed. I explained why I disagreed and gave a better alternative. If that's being nasty, I wish more people more nasty. You just hate when anybody disagrees with you.

Eh see below, I decided to indulge one more time....

Last edited by dtsnms on 09/26/16 3:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
zune69

PostPosted: 09/26/16 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Great observation....

Okay, so the Storm coaching staff and management should sit down and say we have 12 players on the roster, and since 2 of them aren't playing a lot we should release why we aren't playing a lot to our fans, so they can discuss it on Rebkell.

Do you guys think things through sometimes? You don't know who they are thinking of playing when. What is the benefit to them of releasing the info?

What in the hell are you rambling about ? I never criticized Boucek or seattle management for withholding information.You came in this thread talking about "we shouldn't speculate about who's in a dog house or injured".Seattle just blew a double digit lead to a team that was missing two starters.A great 3pt shooter and very good defender played zero minutes.Are we suppose to just stay silent and not say anything about it ?

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/26/16 3:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For arguments sake though

Hmmm, she didn't want to go, but she wouldn't want to return? To a playoff team to play with Bird and Stewie? Okay....

They wanted the pick and Montgomery, so they had to trade her. Why does that say they didn't like her?

Uh, Stewart perhaps? Really? I said there's now a 6'4 player that might have impacted trades and who they traded. You don't think having Stewie then would have impacted that decision?

Because you brought up the trade of Little, and Montgomery went to Seattle, and then asked for a trade to a contender. If Stewart were there, you don't think Renee would've wanted to maybe stay with Stewie and Bird?

Little didn't want to leave Seattle. She didn't sign an offer sheet with anyone. She must hate LA too then.

Okay, so a post that knows the system and has won a title with Bird doesn't fit as well as a guard that knows the system. They'd bring back Quinn for experience, but not Little. That makes no sense at all.

Where did I say that?

I guess nastiness and condescending posts are in the eye of the beholder. You think you're neither of those and I can think of several posters (no, I'm not going to name names sorry again), that would agree with me.

Would you like to know what I really don't like? A person that sits behind a keyboard and doesn't talk to anyone in the league that thinks they know how to read minds and posts their conclusions as facts. Perfect example, all season I saw from you that Curt Miller loves draft picks so he should trade all veterans for 2017 picks etc. etc. What a load of crap. Just because a coach turned over players that didn't want to be there for young talent it doesn't mean he doesn't like veterans. In fact, he gave Bone and Little starting spots in camp from day one. I cover the team, I cover the league. I know what I'm talking about. You don't seem to get that part or care what people who actually know something have to say.

Just because not everything can be said publicly at the time doesn't mean people don't know things. No further replies are necessary.

Last edited by dtsnms on 09/26/16 4:08 pm; edited 2 times in total
dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/26/16 3:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Great observation....

What in the hell are you rambling about ? I never criticized Boucek or seattle management for withholding information.You came in this thread talking about "we shouldn't speculate about who's in a dog house or injured".Seattle just blew a double digit lead to a team that was missing two starters.A great 3pt shooter and very good defender played zero minutes.Are we suppose to just stay silent and not say anything about it ?

I guess my comprehension is gone, because I thought for sure people were saying that Boucek mismanaged the available players for her team and if they were hurt and not available they should have told the media. Am I missing something there?

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/26/16 4:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I like Millie. I always have. I was pissed of when they traded her and kept Langhorne. She is a very hard working versatile defender. Something that Langhorne just isnt. But Langhorne was/is an better offensive player so i understood at the time why they kept Langhorne (who had been the number 1/2 scoring option for the Mystics)

Little would be a lot better defensive combination with Stewart then Stewart is with Langhorne. But the Storm need length and the last thing they need is Langhorne and Little.

Quote:
so a (maybe) 6'1" 30 year old for a 6'6" 28 year old? And having to pay the upper cored salary as opposed to a mid vet salary. And for someone to play behind Tina Charles as opposed to a starter?

You dont think he will want to play Stokes at center in the future? I think Charles, Stokes and Langhorne is a better post rotation then Charles Stokes and Swords but maybe im the only one...

zune69

PostPosted: 09/26/16 4:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
zune69 wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Great observation....

I guess my comprehension is gone, because I thought for sure people were saying that Boucek mismanaged the available players for her team and if they were hurt and not available they should have told the media. Am I missing something there?

This was my comment

Quote:

I Never said Boucek/seattle should be more transparent in regards to injury reports.Just pointing out that I can only form an opinion based on the information that is available to me.

Last edited by zune69 on 09/26/16 6:36 pm; edited 1 time in total
myrtle

PostPosted: 09/26/16 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

Quote:
so a (maybe) 6'1" 30 year old for a 6'6" 28 year old? And having to pay the upper cored salary as opposed to a mid vet salary. And for someone to play behind Tina Charles as opposed to a starter?

You dont think he will want to play Stokes at center in the future? I think Charles, Stokes and Langhorne is a better post rotation then Charles Stokes and Swords but maybe im the only one...

Stokes and Swords both have limitations. By being able to play one or the other though, it is a very nice rotation. Langhorne also has limitations. I think smallish PFs are easier to come by and it would be better to go for someone younger.

And if Mille is a UFA, why wouldn't NY just straight up try to get her without giving up anything. She would make their post rotation really great and be a better backup to Tina and could possibly even play some at SF.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 2 of 19

Jump to: