RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Storm 2017
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zune69

PostPosted: 09/24/16 5:46 pm    ::: Seattle Storm 2017 Reply Reply with quote

Upgrading the center position should be the #1 priority this off season.The player I would target is A.Henry.She's long,athletic and defensive minded.Bone and Achonwa are not starter material imo.The last thing seattle needs is a soft or undersize center.However,I do believe Achonwa would be a good addition to the bench.Acquiring a wing who can defend and knock down a open shot(O'Hea) would also help.I love Alysha as a player/person,but playing alongside the diminutive Loyd only magnifies the lack of height/length at SF.Alysha is not a starter on a championship caliber team unless the storm can acquire a defensive/rebounding center and good backup SF(O'Hea).Coach Boucek dropped the ball when she shorten the rotation(O'Hea)

Centers on Seattle's radar:

A.Henry
S.Dolson
k.Vaughn
M.Tolo
N.Achonwa(bench)
K.Bone(bench)

Seattle does not have enough assets to get Lavender,unless they're willing to part with Loyd.The storm can strengthen the SF position by just giving O'Hea 16-22 minutes per game.Clark/O'Hea would be a nice SF duo.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/24/16 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If Anchonwa isnt starter material then Henry certainly isnt..All those posts you listed are better then Henry and i would take them over Henry in a heartbeat. I dont see her as a lot better then Thomas tbh.

We just need some more size at center. Anchonwa would be my first choice. Dolson as my 2nd target behind Anchonwa mainly because she rather plays face up then with her back to the basket. I like Tolo too but i dont want to depend on another aussie who will put the Opals first, too much. The center for the Storm doesnt have to score a lot. Just rebound and defend hard and be active in the pick&roll.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
lynxmania

PostPosted: 09/24/16 6:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Your top target is a center who apparently had a season long ankle injury that never got better and barely played? Eek.

Also she signed a two year deal with Connecticut. So who should they trade to get her?

Last edited by lynxmania on 09/24/16 6:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/24/16 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

lynxmania wrote:
Your top target is a center who apparently had a season long ankle injury that never got better and barely played? Eek.

How did she do in the minutes that she played? Sorry we cant expect that another top center in this league leaves her team for the Storm Rolling Eyes

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
zune69

PostPosted: 09/24/16 6:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
If Anchonwa isnt starter material then Henry certainly isnt..All those posts you listed are better then Henry and i would take them over Henry in a heartbeat. I dont see her as a lot better then Thomas tbh.

We just need some more size at center. Anchonwa would be my first choice. Dolson as my 2nd target behind Anchonwa mainly because she rather plays face up then with her back to the basket. I like Tolo too but i dont want to depend on another aussie who will put the Opals first, too much. The center for the Storm doesnt have to score a lot. Just rebound and defend hard and be active in the pick&roll.

Henry is 6'4,athletic with a long wingspan and defensive minded.I put Henry first on my list because she will not cost much.Don't know what peoples fascination is with Achonwa.She's done nothing in this league to be a starter.She's undersize and not a very good interior defender.Bench player ? Yes.starter ? No.

Last edited by zune69 on 09/24/16 6:31 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shades

PostPosted: 09/24/16 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I had the same response as you guys. What? Checked the calendar, and it's not April.

Henry might be free if you're patient enough.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/24/16 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Henry is 6'4,athletic with a long wingspan and defensive minded.I put Henry first on my list because she will not cost much.Don't know what peoples fascination is with Achonwa.She's done nothing in this league to be a starter.She's undersize and not a very good interior defender.Bench player ? Yes.starter ? No.

What has Henry done in this league so far? I wouldnt mind if the Storm would pick her up if she gets cut by the Sun. But she signed a 2 year contract with them i believe and if its a big one then no thanks.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/24/16 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would you trade KML for Henry?

Shades

PostPosted: 09/24/16 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Arrow

zune69

PostPosted: 09/24/16 6:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

What has Henry done in this league so far? I wouldnt mind if the Storm would pick her up if she gets cut by the Sun. But she signed a 2 year contract with them i believe and if its a big one then no thanks.

Henry is a better defender and shot blocker than Achonwa.She also has the size/length to guard centers that are 6'4/6'5 unlike Achonwa.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/24/16 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

No.

I'd offer Connecticut a 1st rd pick.Seattle should not make any offers for Henry until draft night.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/24/16 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

Henry is a better defender and shot blocker than Achonwa.She also has the size/length to guard centers that are 6'4/6'5 unlike Achonwa.

We already have a defensive minded center in Krystal Thomas. Henry might be a bit better but not that much to be our first target

And no i wouldnt trade KML for Henry. The Sun are not going to play her anyway with Chiney 100% back and Jones playing well.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/24/16 6:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:

No.

I'd offer Connecticut a 1st rd pick.Seattle should not make any offers for Henry until draft night.

If Russell enters the draft, that might push Coates down to that #6 territory.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/24/16 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
zune69 wrote:
Shades wrote:

No.

If Russell enters the draft, that might push Coates down to that #6 territory.

Exactly why I said no offers until draft night.See who's coming out first.

Happycappie25

PostPosted: 09/24/16 11:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I got reservations as she's greatly upticked in value recently but what about Carolyn Swords it'd be a huge post in the 3rd year gamble on Zahui and Stokes but we are desperate for a 3...I'd say clark with libs providing filler (Draft pick, Schimmel etc)

Honestly I'd shave off the 3 to open up some time for stewart to play there and get tok more minutes, Think that would open up more options...agree a true center is a huge need and well the Libs need 3s

PostPosted: 09/25/16 12:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

A smaller NY/Seattle deal I think both teams might consider would be Schimmel for O'Hea. Schimmel could be better next season and could be mentored by Bird, Shoni has some Lawson in her and Jenny B. worked well with Lawson in Sac and Schimmel has local appeal. O'Hea lost all her minutes in Seattle to KML and Seattle still has Wright as well, so why not trade O'Hea for someone who will help at the box office and might still develop.

O'Hea is a big guard, tough defender and shoots the three I'm pretty sure Laimbeer kind find some minutes for her.

With that said I still want Shoni to come back to the Liberty next season and kill it and make everyone eat their words, but I could see both teams considering this move.

Back to Seattle, they really don't have to do too much Loyd and Stewart are only going to get better. But I agree they need a banger. B. Jones might still be on the board at #6 could she help? Langhorne for Alexander?

toad455

PostPosted: 09/25/16 3:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

With Stewart (& Loyd) in Seattle, maybe a FA center will want to come to Seattle? Does Atlanta hold the rights to Dantas? I don't think Tolo is starter material.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
zune69

PostPosted: 09/25/16 4:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

J-Spoon wrote:
A smaller NY/Seattle deal I think both teams might consider would be Schimmel for O'Hea.

New york should definitely make a schimmel for O'Hea offer to the storm.Boucek obviously has no use for Jenna.However,If I were seattle I would avoid any one for one deal involving S.Schimmel.The last thing seattle needs is more undersize slow defenders.Since Boucek has no interest in playing Jenna.What seattle should do is offer O'Hea to NY for Allen.
J-Spoon wrote:
Back to Seattle, they really don't have to do too much Loyd and Stewart are only going to get better. But I agree they need a banger. B. Jones might still be on the board at #6 could she help? Langhorne for Alexander?

I'm almost 100% sure Langhorne will be a free agent.Alexander would be a nice pickup.

toad455 wrote:
With Stewart (& Loyd) in Seattle, maybe a FA center will want to come to Seattle? Does Atlanta hold the rights to Dantas? I don't think Tolo is starter material.

I don't see Cooper trading Dantas.Especially with injury prone Sancho being 33 yrs old.Dantas is only 23 and has lots of upside.Dantas and Williams are the future.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 09/25/16 8:05 am    ::: Re: Seattle Storm 2017 Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Upgrading the center position should be the #1 priority this off season.The player I would target is A.Henry.She's long,athletic and defensive minded.Bone and Achonwa are not starter material imo.The last thing seattle needs is a soft or undersize center.However,I do believe Achonwa would be a good addition to the bench.Acquiring a wing who can defend and knock down a open shot(O'Hea) would also help.I love Alysha as a player/person,but playing alongside the diminutive Loyd only magnifies the lack of height/length at SF.Alysha is not a starter on a championship caliber team unless the storm can acquire a defensive/rebounding center and good backup SF(O'Hea).Coach Boucek dropped the ball when she shorten the rotation(O'Hea)

Centers on Seattle's radar:

A.Henry
S.Dolson
k.Vaughn
M.Tolo
N.Achonwa(bench)
K.Bone(bench)

Seattle does not have enough assets to get Lavender,unless they're willing to part with Loyd.The storm can strengthen the SF position by just giving O'Hea 16-22 minutes per game.Clark/O'Hea would be a nice SF duo.

Lavender isn't even in Loyd class.

PostPosted: 09/25/16 8:40 am    ::: Re: Seattle Storm 2017 Reply Reply with quote

Force10rulz wrote:

Lavender isn't even in Loyd class.

I agree......however,Loyd(stewart) is the only player on seattle LA would want back in any potential Lavender trade.Jantel is no bum.If she started for the storm she'd average 15p/8r/2a/1b/50%/80%.Back to reality,Seattle is not trading Loyd.That's why I used the word "unless".Seattle weakened their chances of landing Lavender when they made the playoffs.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/25/16 10:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
The storm can strengthen the SF position by just giving O'Hea 16-22 minutes per game.Clark/O'Hea would be a nice SF duo.

This is what i want too. And earlier in the season this was also the combination that Boucek used. O'Hea got into a shooting slump and she was axed out of the rotation by Boucek Confused and didnt get a new chance because then KML started to find her shot and Boucek went with Quinn as the backup point instead of Loyd. So when Bird rests the line-up was Quinn, Loyd and KML

Nerd2

PostPosted: 09/25/16 5:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Quote:
The storm can strengthen the SF position by just giving O'Hea 16-22 minutes per game.Clark/O'Hea would be a nice SF duo.

This is what i want too. And earlier in the season this was also the combination that Boucek used. O'Hea got into a shooting slump and she was axed out of the rotation by Boucek Confused and didnt get a new chance because then KML started to find her shot and Boucek went with Quinn as the backup point instead of Loyd. So when Bird rests the line-up was Quinn, Loyd and KML

Or maybe she developed a nagging injury that rendered her less effective which she just had surgery on...

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/26/16 12:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Quote:

Or maybe she developed a nagging injury that rendered her less effective which she just had surgery on...

Then why not be honest and bring out a report as the Seattle Storm normally do. Same goes for Monica Wright. Was she healthy or not? Even Fain and the other commentator didnt say/knew what was going on.

zune69

PostPosted: 09/26/16 1:09 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
Quote:

Then why not be honest and bring out a report as the Seattle Storm normally do. Same goes for Monica Wright. Was she healthy or not? Even Fain and the other commentator didnt say/knew what was going on.

Exactly....we're not mind readers.If a team doesn't report a players injuries to the media the only thing we can assume is that the player is healthy.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/26/16 11:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Don't know what peoples fascination is with Achonwa.She's done nothing in this league to be a starter.She's undersize and not a very good interior defender.Bench player ? Yes.starter ? No.

The reason why we haven't seen it is because Achonwa isn't going to get the minutes in Indiana. But she's definitely got some skills, and she played well in the games she started in 2015.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 17, 18, 19  Next
Page 1 of 19

Jump to: