RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

We made it to the new server!!!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 09/23/16 12:43 am    ::: We made it to the new server!!! Reply Reply with quote

If you are reading this, this is the new server.

Unfortunately we lost some posts during the transition, when the move was made the old website was supposed to be shut down, but the hosting outfit didn't shut it down immediately and therefore some of the posts during that period didn't make the transition. I'm sorry about that, it was out of my control. At least we are here now.

It is bed time, will see how we are doing tomorrow.

Richard 77

PostPosted: 09/23/16 4:23 am    ::: Re: We made it to the new server!!! Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:

Unfortunately we lost some posts during the transition, when the move was made the old website was supposed to be shut down, but the hosting outfit didn't shut it down immediately and therefore some of the posts during that period didn't make the transition. I'm sorry about that, it was out of my control. At least we are here now.

I'm here. Everything looks fine. My mod functions are active in collectables. How do I change my time stamp? I made a test post at 4:19 am this morning, (now deleted) but the time stamp said 9:19 am, a five hour difference. Or is that accurate?

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/23/16 4:32 am    ::: Re: We made it to the new server!!! Reply Reply with quote

Richard 77 wrote:
rebkell wrote:

I'm here. Everything looks fine. My mod functions are active in collectables. How do I change my time stamp? I made a test post at 4:19 am this morning, (now deleted) but the time stamp said 9:19 am, a five hour difference. Or is that accurate?

Your time settings shouldn't have changed, but if you click on "Profile" you can check and set your time zone in there.

PostPosted: 09/23/16 5:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

WOW! Thanks so much. Looks like we're done seeing the "Critical Error Message". It's so fast in loading threads & posting replies.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/23/16 6:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
WOW! Thanks so much. Looks like we're done seeing the "Critical Error Message". It's so fast in loading threads & posting replies.

The "Critical Error Message" actually seemed to be related to external influences rather than any issue with the server that this board lives on. The upgrade should speed things up when everything is normal, but if/when those external circumstances come into play again I wouldn't be surprised to see more errors.

The good news is that this server upgrade is only stage 1 of the improvement process Smile

PostPosted: 09/23/16 7:04 am    ::: Re: We made it to the new server!!! Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Richard 77 wrote:
rebkell wrote:

Your time settings shouldn't have changed, but if you click on "Profile" you can check and set your time zone in there.

When I click on "Profile" I get a blank page

PostPosted: 09/23/16 7:18 am    ::: Re: We made it to the new server!!! Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
Richard 77 wrote:
rebkell wrote:

Hmmm... so do I when I'm just in normal user mode. Thanks.

When you wake up, Reb ... Question

PostPosted: 09/23/16 8:14 am    ::: Re: We made it to the new server!!! Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

If anyone needs something changed in their profiles while Reb tries to get to the bottom of this glitch, feel free to PM me and I can make the change for you.

PostPosted: 09/23/16 11:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

thanks to all!

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 09/23/16 3:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Amen and thanks. I really hope the problems have been solved.

PostPosted: 09/23/16 8:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yay!!! Thank you!

Richard 77

PostPosted: 09/23/16 10:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

My profile is back and I was able to change my time stamp. Great work everyone!

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/23/16 10:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

The "Critical Error Message" actually seemed to be related to external influences

This sounds sinister or even extra-terrestrial. What do you mean?

Also, are we on new software in addition to new hardware? The phpBB version seems to be the same.
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 09/23/16 10:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, I think the profile problem is ok now. We may still run into a random glitch like that, we'll be upgrading the board before too long, may wait on the upgrade until the playoffs are over. I prefer doing the upgrade on a Friday night so I have the time to devote to it, but don't want to do that if there are games the next day.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 09/23/16 11:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
Also, are we on new software in addition to new hardware? The phpBB version seems to be the same.

Yes, we're currently on the same software, but it's running on a new server.

When Reb does the software upgrade you'll definitely know it!
(that will likely be done once the season is over, as it's a much more involved process than the server upgrade)

PostPosted: 09/29/16 5:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

THANK YOU! i had to give up on reb's (for i don't know how long it's been) because it was impossible to do/see anything. i won't even worry about whether other functions work. i'm just glad to be home.

hi, reb! thank you, reb! wishing you well.

PostPosted: 10/04/16 2:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Loving the speed from the new server. Thank you. Very Happy

PostPosted: 10/05/16 5:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Didn't find any other topic about this, so maybe someone should move this:

Polish language doesn't show Polish letters (that worked on old server) so had to swich back to English - maybe other languages also fail? Not that's the most important thing in the world, just noticed.

http://www.bigdynia.pl - Basket Gdynia
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/05/16 5:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

przemoe wrote:
Didn't find any other topic about this, so maybe someone should move this:

Polish language doesn't show Polish letters (that worked on old server) so had to swich back to English - maybe other languages also fail? Not that's the most important thing in the world, just noticed.

Yes, I noticed that even some standard English characters seem to have been affected by the server change. Which is strange.

Hang on for now, because after the WNBA season finishes there will be an upgrade to the phpBB software that runs the board. (That might fix some issues ... it might cause some new issues ... but it is probably not worth Reb doing any troubleshooting now that might become useless in a few weeks)

PostPosted: 10/05/16 7:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've noticed also. Luuuc is right, we'll try to tweak all the little nits when we go to the new version of the board. I will start doing a little googling, I suspect this issue may very well follow us to the newer version too.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 10/05/16 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
I've noticed also. Luuuc is right, we'll try to tweak all the little nits when we go to the new version of the board. I will start doing a little googling, I suspect this issue may very well follow us to the newer version too.

I made a tweak, let me know if it's better or worse or any change at all.

przemoe

PostPosted: 10/06/16 1:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

rebkell wrote:
rebkell wrote:

I made a tweak, let me know if it's better or worse or any change at all.

Still the same for Polish.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 10/06/16 7:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

przemoe wrote:

Still the same for Polish.

Ok, it was worth a shot. Have you got an example I can look at, with a short explanation of what is wrong and/or what it should look like.

przemoe

PostPosted: 10/11/16 6:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Looks like this:

Every Polish letter is not recognized.
For debugging purposes here's a full set:
small: ąęćłóżźśń
big: ĄĘĆŁÓŻŹŚŃ

edit: I'm now back to English settings and Polish letters in my post work fine, those generated by phpBB are flawed (code page?).

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 10/11/16 1:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

przemoe wrote:
Looks like this:

Every Polish letter is not recognized.
For debugging purposes here's a full set:
small: ąęćłóżźśń
big: ĄĘĆŁÓŻŹŚŃ

edit: I'm now back to English settings and Polish letters in my post work fine, those generated by phpBB are flawed (code page?).

Hang on until the new board software is working and I'll try to get to the bottom of it. Sorry for the inconvenience, but we'll get it figured out, eventually.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: