RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

2016-2017 schedules
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/21/16 11:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

linkster wrote:

Since you consider both Florida & Kentucky cupcakes, exactly how can you consider the SEC to be a strong wbb conference? Other than these two "cupcakes" only SC, TAMU & Miss St offer any legit competition for Tenn in a 14 team conference.

Considering that last year a likely better Tenn team than this year lost games not only to FL, KY, SC, TAMU, and MissSt, but also to Ark, LSU, and Bama, I'd say they're ALL competition.

ridor

PostPosted: 08/22/16 3:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is interesting to note that SJU is going to play 3 Virginia teams.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 08/22/16 7:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
linkster wrote:

Since you consider both Florida & Kentucky cupcakes, exactly how can you consider the SEC to be a strong wbb conference? Other than these two "cupcakes" only SC, TAMU & Miss St offer any legit competition for Tenn in a 14 team conference.

Considering that last year a likely better Tenn team than this year lost games not only to FL, KY, SC, TAMU, and MissSt, but also to Ark, LSU, and Bama, I'd say they're ALL competition.

Instead of always slamming the SEC, Art, 'maybe you could focus on the ACC, where your beloved Irish reside, which has such wonders as Clemson, Wake Forest, BC (sorry, Youth Coach), the ever-struggling UVA and GA Tech, and the rapidly declining UNC and Duke. If it weren't for ND and FSU and the ever-hopeful Louisville and Syracuse, they might be just as bad as you make the SEC out to be. Razz

PostPosted: 08/22/16 5:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
the ever-hopeful Louisville and Syracuse,

Are you referring to Championship game Syracuse? The same Syracuse that kicked the crap out of Tenn in last year's tournament (after earlier beating SEC champ S.Car.)?

I think you'll find Syracuse, Louisville or Notre Dame have been in the title game 7 out of the last 8 years, while the SEC has been there 0 times in that period.

Nixtreefan

PostPosted: 08/22/16 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

All hail the PAC, move over there's a new biatch in town, Laughing

summertime blues

PostPosted: 08/22/16 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was LAST year. And I notice you don't mention the rest of the conference. Aside from those 4, whatcha got?

PostPosted: 08/22/16 5:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
That was LAST year. And I notice you don't mention the rest of the conference. Aside from those 4, whatcha got?

You're the one ridiculously trying to belittle teams that have actually accomplished something. Including last year's tournament runner up. BTW Syracuse now has just as many FFs, and more title game appearances, than the current "superstar" of the SEC.

One final four appearance , no championship game appearances, in eight years for the entire SEC? I guess the entire conference is "ever-hopeful".

Face it. The SEC ain't what it used to be.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 08/22/16 6:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:

You're the one ridiculously trying to belittle teams that have actually accomplished something. Including last year's tournament runner up. BTW Syracuse now has just as many FFs, and more title game appearances, than the current "superstar" of the SEC.

One final four appearance , no championship game appearances, in eight years for the entire SEC? I guess the entire conference is "ever-hopeful".

Face it. The SEC ain't what it used to be.

It's not like it's 2008 anymore. Let alone 2012. Those are the last two years that an SEC or a Big 12 team advanced to the Final Four respectively. (TAMU joined the SEC in 2011.) While I do believe that the SEC certainly has some strong teams, they aren't a part of the upper tier anymore. I'll admit that there's certainly potential for this narrative to change--South Carolina has been knocking at the door, but I don't really see any threats to USC's SEC dominance this year thus far.

It's surprising to me that Baylor hasn't made it to the Final Four in nearly four years. The re-emergence of Maryland as a national player--with rival Ohio State knocking on the door has been a boon for the BIG. This combined with the elevation of the PAC-12 as a player outside of Stanford has changed the landscape of Women's College Basketball outside of Storrs. The ACC's elevation of late is curious, because it has come mainly from teams that are not traditional ACC members. (Syracuse, Louisville, and Notre Dame.) The decline of Duke and North Carolina have been shocking events over the past few years--but other programs have arrived in the conference and kept the level high.

Then you have South Dakota State, primed for a shocking run. Can anyone catch the Jackrabbits?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/22/16 7:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

FollowtheCardinalRule wrote:

Then you have South Dakota State, primed for a shocking run. Can anyone catch the Jackrabbits?

I was disappointed to see SDSt and Notre Dame were not playing this year. I enjoyed those games the last couple of years. They were good games.

Both Miami and FSU will be good in the ACC this year. UNC and UVA both have a bunch of young players, we'll see how things come together.

FollowtheCardinalRule

PostPosted: 08/22/16 9:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ok. I'll admit that I'm just as guilty as anyone else, but I kindly ask that we keep this thread for schedules. If people want to start talking about prospects for teams next season would you kindly begin your own thread? I need this thread so I can lament Colorado visiting Mississippi Valley State.

PrideFan

PostPosted: 08/24/16 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hofstra http://www.gohofstra.com/schedule.aspx?path=wbball

11/11 vs Marist (home double header with men)
11/14 @ Stony Brook
11/18 @ Navy
11/22 vs Delaware State
11/25 @ Sacramento State
11/27 @ UC Davis
12/4 @ Buffalo
12/7 vs UMass
12/10 vs American
12/22 @ St. Joe's
12//30 vs UHart

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/11/16 8:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So many schedules came out while we were moving! My spreadsheet approaches full capacity!

Iona (OOC only): http://www.icgaels.com/SportSelect.dbml?&DB_OEM_ID=14900&SPID=7100&SPSID=64326 . Definitely doing my best to make it to the Stony Brook game (that should be MAAC title/NCAA trip banner raising eeeeeeee). Not a bad schedule, given they graduated two starters. Keep an eye on sophomore Alexis Lewis- she started breaking out late last year.

Fordham (OOC only): http://www.fordhamsports.com/schedule.aspx?path=wbball . We'll see how they handle the WNIT, and of course I'll be there when they play St. John's. Rather home-heavy, IMO. We'll see how they fill the gap left by Samantha Clark, and if a shooter is ready to replace senior Hannah Missry after this year.

Columbia: http://www.gocolumbialions.com/SportSelect.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=9600&SPID=3887&SPSID=43673&DB_OEM_ID=9600 . No tourneys for the Lions, so the schedule looks long. LIU is one of my teams, so I'm going to see if I can make it to that game, but weeknights are hard when you work in the industrial armpit of Queens.

Rutgers: http://www.scarletknights.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/rutu-w-baskbl-sched.html . Wow, that's a grind at the beginning of December- four games in seven days. Three at home and one not very far, true, but that's rough. (Also, it looks like other Big Ten schedules should be out, as Michigan's is as well.)

Stony Brook: http://www.stonybrookathletics.com/sports/w-baskbl/sched/ston-w-baskbl-sched.html . Expensive and long to get to from the city, so of course they have the most intriguing OOC game in Syracuse.

In general, most of the NY metro schedules are out and I could be here all night, with the notable exceptions of LIU and Wagner; the former perhaps because they have rather larger issues to deal with, the latter because Wagner is almost always one of the last to post schedules. If you're looking for a specific one, I'll drop it here.

PostPosted: 09/12/16 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Rise up, BeaverNation!!! Get ready for........

......this?

2016-17 Oregon State Basketball

NOV. 11 LAMAR

NOV. 14 IDAHO STATE

NOV. 18 PORTLAND

NOV. 22 MARQUETTE

Dec. 2 Idaho in Maui, Hawaii

Dec. 3 BYU in Maui, Hawaii

DEC. 10 SOUTHERN UTAH

DEC. 14 UC DAVIS

Dec. 19 - Dec 21 Play4Kay Shootout Las Vegas, Nev.

DEC. 27 ARKANSAS PINE BLUFF

So Scott, what do you really think about your team's prospects this year? Not an impressive follow-up to a Final Four run. Give fans something to get excited about, huh?

I know Utah, Oklahoma State and Illinois State are some of the other teams in the Play4Kay tourney.

Fighting Artichoke

PostPosted: 09/12/16 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, that's certainly a weak schedule for a FF team, even with the Play4Kay tourney. I wonder if there's more to this story, like teams canceling games or something.

joetro

PostPosted: 09/15/16 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Notre Dame's schedule is out. 6 consecutive road games and 10/12 road games in one stretch spanning conference and non conference.

Non-Conference:

11/11: Central Michigan
11/14: WNIT (Fordham)?
11/17: WNIT (Green Bay)?
11/20 WNIT (Washington)?
11/22: VS LA-Lafayette in Houston
11/26 TCU
11/30 @ Iowa
12/4 Valpo
12/7 UCONN
12/10 @ DePaul
12/18 @ Toledo
12/20 @ Michigan State
12/27 @ Chattanooga
1/16 @ Tennessee

pilight

PostPosted: 09/15/16 10:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Mercer releases 2016-17 schedule

http://mercerbears.com/schedule.aspx?path=wbball

Quote:
Mercer will travel to Illinois, Houston and Georgia Southern to wrap up November before hosting former ASUN rival Kennesaw State on Dec. 3. The month of December will be highlighted by trips to Georgia Tech, Winthrop and Davidson as well as home games against West Georgia and Florida State. Georgia Tech ended Mercer's season in the 2016 WNIT while Florida State advanced to the 2016 NCAA Sweet 16.

PostPosted: 09/20/16 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

South Carolina's final, complete, official schedule:

Nov. 7 BENEDICT (exh.)
Nov. 14 at Ohio State
Nov. 20 HAMPTON #
Nov. 21 MAINE #
Nov. 22 ST. PETER’S #
Nov. 27 vs. Louisville (in Springfield, Mass.) #
Dec. 1 at Texas ^
Dec. 4 at Duke
Dec. 11 MINNESOTA
Dec. 15 CLEMSON
Dec. 18 UCLA
Dec. 21 at Savannah State
Jan. 1 ALABAMA *
Jan. 5 at Auburn *
Jan. 8 at Florida *
Jan. 12 GEORGIA *
Jan. 15 at LSU *
Jan. 19 OLE MISS *
Jan. 23 MISSISSIPPI STATE *
Jan. 26 at Georgia *
Jan. 30 TENNESSEE *
Feb. 2 at Kentucky *
Feb. 5 at Arkansas *
Feb. 9 AUBURN *
Feb. 13 at Connecticut
Feb. 16 VANDERBILT *
Feb. 19 at Missouri *
Feb. 23 at Texas A&M *
Feb. 26 KENTUCKY *
March 1-5 SEC tournament (in Greenville)

Home games in CAPS
# Hall of Fame Challenge
^ Big 12/SEC Challenge
* SEC game

It is considered to be a favorable one within the conference:

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article102946042.html

SCGamecock

PostPosted: 09/21/16 9:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conway Gamecock wrote:
South Carolina's final, complete, official schedule:

Nov. 7 BENEDICT (exh.)
Nov. 14 at Ohio State
Nov. 20 HAMPTON #
Nov. 21 MAINE #
Nov. 22 ST. PETER’S #
Nov. 27 vs. Louisville (in Springfield, Mass.) #
Dec. 1 at Texas ^
Dec. 4 at Duke
Dec. 11 MINNESOTA
Dec. 15 CLEMSON
Dec. 18 UCLA
Dec. 21 at Savannah State
Jan. 1 ALABAMA *
Jan. 5 at Auburn *
Jan. 8 at Florida *
Jan. 12 GEORGIA *
Jan. 15 at LSU *
Jan. 19 OLE MISS *
Jan. 23 MISSISSIPPI STATE *
Jan. 26 at Georgia *
Jan. 30 TENNESSEE *
Feb. 2 at Kentucky *
Feb. 5 at Arkansas *
Feb. 9 AUBURN *
Feb. 13 at Connecticut
Feb. 16 VANDERBILT *
Feb. 19 at Missouri *
Feb. 23 at Texas A&M *
Feb. 26 KENTUCKY *
March 1-5 SEC tournament (in Greenville)

Home games in CAPS
# Hall of Fame Challenge
^ Big 12/SEC Challenge
* SEC game

It is considered to be a favorable one within the conference:

http://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-womens-basketball/article102946042.html

A "favorable" conference schedule (which still isn't easy) and an absolutely brutal non conference schedule. This team will have plenty of opportunities to prove they're one of the best in the country.

Ohio State, Texas, Louisville, Duke, Minnesota, UCLA, and UCONN highlight an impressive OOC schedule for South Carolina

Queenie

PostPosted: 09/21/16 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Big East schedules are out. I'm mobile right now, so no links, but STJ and SHU don't have conflicting Senior Days, so I'm all right.

PostPosted: 09/21/16 5:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Pac-12 conference schedules are out today. For my Bruins, it's a relatively-favorable first half: from Dec 21st (when they return from facing NC A&T) through the entire month of January, the team has just one single travel weekend... the WSU/UW trip on Jan 6/8. But the second half is way tougher: a whole lot on the road, including a four road game gauntlet at Cal and Stanford and then at Oregon and Oregon State. Their reward for surviving that will be to come home and face the Washington Huskies.

That'll probably be 5 consecutive ranked opponents for the Bruins.

Yay, basketball!!!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: