RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Connecticut Sun 2017
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
toad455

PostPosted: 09/18/16 4:02 pm    ::: Connecticut Sun 2017 Reply Reply with quote

so does anything change with this team? No first round pick, just a young team outside of Little. I wonder if there's a potential FA willing to come over to the Sun(a post)?

PG: JThomas/Banham
SG: Bentley/Stricklen/CWilliams
SF: AThomas/Tuck
PF: Ogwumike/Little
C: Jones/Henry

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 09/18/16 4:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They gave Henry a two year deal, right?
dts keeps claiming it's a health problem for her (CON got snookered), so who knows. Maybe she'll step up next year.

JThomas/Banham
Bentley/CWilliams/Faris
AThomas/Stricklen
Ogwumike/Little/Tuck
Jones/Henry

They wouldn't have to do anything for this.

I'm trying to brainstorm a trade for Banham.
Maybe something involving Perkins? The Lynx may view her as serving her purpose with Cruz probably coming back full time next year. Now to convince Miller he needs to rely on more that just young players. He's not a college coach anymore.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 09/18/16 4:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't see the Lynx trading anyone. Faris is the most disposable and could be easily replaced.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/18/16 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I do. If Cruz is coming back full time, why have Perkins wasting away in the 5th guard spot, when you could have Banham sitting there. If something happens that Banham would have to step, then she'll have to step up. It'll be good for her.

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 09/19/16 1:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Conn could just work with internal growth but I would basically rebuild the team around C. Ogwumike and the youth (Jones and C. Williams look like future starters, Banham is still a question mark but is the equivalent of a free first round pick next season having missed most of this one, and Tuck was showing well before her injury). I would definitely put Bentley, Little, Stricklen, and J. Thomas up on the trade block and see what is out there for them. I might even include A. Thomas on that list but she gives Conn the option to go small with her and Chiney at the 4 and the 5 or go big with her and Chiney at the 3 and the 4 which creates a lot of flexibility. Maybe there is nothing better but I would still look around, J. Thomas and Bentley are both decent but I don't think they are so good they aren't replaceable.

Something like Bentley for Kizer could work for both teams, Conn needs another center and I wouldn't hold my breath for Henry, if not Kizer maybe Vaughn. Or a mid first round pick (Indy, PX, Chicago) that could be turned into B. Jones.

One intriguing but risky move if Deshields lives up to her hype and declares this season A. Thomas and C. Little for the #1 pick I'm sure SA would consider it, and I'm sure it would be considered a very risky move for Conn, but J. Thomas/Banham, C. Williams/Bentley, D. Deshields/Tuck, C. Ogwumike, and J. Jones might be a crazy good line up in a couple of years.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/19/16 9:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who knows with Miller now the GM (as if it'll make much difference), but I doubt we'll see any mass trades out of CON. Continuity is key once you build the team you want. The Thomas twins were bright spots for CON. I'd be surprised if either of them were dealt. If AThomas could add a three point shot, she'd be a special player.

I doubt IND needs a volume shooting guard (Bentley) who will pout on the bench. They already have Lucas who doesn't pout. Kizer apparently was seen as better than Achonwa, so Achonwa would more likely be the object of a trade if it were to happen. I just don't think it's wise to trade a big (rare) for a guard (abundant) in general unless the guard is really special.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/19/16 11:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
dts keeps claiming it's a health problem for her (CON got snookered), so who knows. Maybe she'll step up next year.

JThomas/Banham
Bentley/CWilliams/Faris
AThomas/Stricklen
Ogwumike/Little/Tuck
Jones/Henry

Maybe something involving Perkins? The Lynx may view her as serving her purpose with Cruz probably coming back full time next year. Now to convince Miller he needs to rely on more that just young players. He's not a college coach anymore.

Little is a UFA.

Allison Hightower will be back.

Richyyy

PostPosted: 09/19/16 12:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:

In theory. Hard to count on much from someone who's missed the best part of the last three seasons due to injury.

PostPosted: 09/19/16 1:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
Shades wrote:

JThomas/Banham
Bentley/CWilliams/Faris
AThomas/Stricklen
Ogwumike/Little/Tuck
Jones/Henry

Little is a UFA.

I was being glib on the Little mention (in the Dallas thread). But you might want to teach Miller what it means to core a player.

dtsnms wrote:

Even if she does come back and manages to somehow stay healthy, are you suggesting that Hightower is better than somebody listed above? I thought you were always (or at least recently) in Faris' corner.

Last edited by Shades on 09/19/16 2:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
UK1996

PostPosted: 09/19/16 2:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Connecticut has a lot of options, the only thing is I can't see any of them making the team any better. I'd move Jones to the starting lineup. I'd take anything I could get for Henry and try to resign Little. I kind of feel like Little is going to sign with a contender. The line up I expect to see at the beginning of next season is.
PG: J. Thomas/Banham
SG: Bentley/Williams/2nd Round Pick
SF: A. Thomas/Strickland
PF: Ogwumike/Tuck
C: Jones/Alleyne/FA or Draft Pick

PostPosted: 09/19/16 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Forgot about Alleyne, that will be a helpful. Basically with her and Banham its like having a new decent draft class, even without having a pick this year.

I doubt they core Little (though I guess why not) I could see Little ending up In Atl or Px, LA or Minny if those teams can afford her.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/19/16 3:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
dtsnms wrote:
Shades wrote:

JThomas/Banham
Bentley/CWilliams/Faris
AThomas/Stricklen
Ogwumike/Little/Tuck
Jones/Henry

Little is a UFA.

I was being glib on the Little mention (in the Dallas thread). But you might want to teach Miller what it means to core a player.

dtsnms wrote:

Even if she does come back and manages to somehow stay healthy, are you suggesting that Hightower is better than somebody listed above? I thought you were always (or at least recently) in Faris' corner.

I would not core Camille Little, and yes Hightower is better than people on your list when healthy. She was an all-star when she was.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/19/16 4:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"When healthy", which was when?

Even if you don't want to keep Little, doesn't she have some trade value?

I guess Little isn't worth max money even to a young team, so is she gonna walk? I could see her walking to IND or WAS.

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/19/16 6:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
"When healthy", which was when?

Even if you don't want to keep Little, doesn't she have some trade value?

I guess Little isn't worth max money even to a young team, so is she gonna walk? I could see her walking to IND or WAS.

I really like Hightower. Hope she can in fact get/stay healthy.
I could see Indy throwing a bunch of money at Little. Washington not so much. SAS should want her but who the hell knows what will happen there and if she has a choice, why choose the bottom of the barrel? I could also see Little contributing in Atlanta, but that would be too confusing. Perhaps CT could work a sign and trade but I suspect she will just walk.

I don't see CT trading Banham for an old vet unless they saw enough to think she wasn't going to make it. I would think they spent enough on her to want to take a look at her when she's healthy.

Trading a starter is unlikely unless they think they're getting a starter in return. A. Thomas is Catchings like, yeah, if only she could get a shot. Maybe too late for that but I don't know her mentality - she looks like a worker anyway. I wouldn't give her up frivolously, but for the right price she wouldn't be untouchable.

Alleyne is going to surprise some people (I think). Great worker/rebounder. It does mean the only post with an outside shot will be Tuck, which is somewhat limiting, especially if your SF also has no outside shot. I do think that post rotation with Chiney and Jones ( oh yeah, she also has an outside shot ), then Alleyne, Tuck, and Henry off the bench is solid enough.

Neither Faris nor Stricklen are irreplaceable but they also won't garner anything in trade value so you have to just straight up find someone better. Faris' salary will also be going up as she gets off rookie salary. Bottom vet might not be a problem for this team so who knows, maybe they want to keep a mascot. Hightower can replace one of them, then find a FA. Or maybe Asia Taylor beats somebody out.

Bottom line you have a team much like this year, except adding in (hopefully) Hightower, Banham, and Alleyne. And the babies have one more year of experience and Chiney is a year farther away from injury. It still looks like a middle of the pack team at best, but one with a much better chance to at least get into the playoffs.

I'm yet to be sold on Curt Miller as coach, but will give him another year to play with the pieces he has assembled.

- Amanda Gorman
Shades

PostPosted: 09/19/16 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At this stage of her career, Little might not be just about the money. If she considers NC home, then WAS would be the closest club, and she could play with Sanders and Latta, if they're still there.

If she's about another Championship, she could try MIN or LAS. Did Agler like her? He might be drooling at the thought of Little. PHX could be an interesting possibility. BTW, Little was drafted by SAN. Only lasted a year there, went to ATL for a year, before blossoming in SEA.

Alleyne would be a surprise, but I've been surprised before. I think I had Bulgak rated higher. BTW, I'm surprised Miller passed on Bulgak but picked up a slightly experienced Asia Taylor. Maybe it was a timing thing.

I don't believe Faris' salary would necessarily spike unless she's in demand. If she gets no offer sheets, I believe they could negotiate for as low as the vet minimum for 4 years experience, whatever that is.... probably not that high.

toad455

PostPosted: 09/19/16 7:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I doubt Connecticut brings back Hightower, but someone will pick her up(San Antonio? Chicago? Dallas?).

dtsnms

PostPosted: 09/20/16 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
I doubt Connecticut brings back Hightower, but someone will pick her up(San Antonio? Chicago? Dallas?).

Why wouldn't they? They've kept her rights all this time. Of course they are.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/20/16 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Why wouldn't they? They've kept her rights all this time. Of course they are.

"They" are no longer here. Under new management.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 09/20/16 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

See how she does in training camp and decide then

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 09/20/16 5:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Why does everyone keep bringing up Hightower? She's perennially injured and she was never all that and a bag of chips anyway.

PostPosted: 09/20/16 7:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Why does everyone keep bringing up Hightower? She's perennially injured and she was never all that and a bag of chips anyway.

^ That is such a perfect alley-oop assist that it actually would feel too easy to slam it home. Twisted Evil

PostPosted: 09/21/16 11:24 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:

Yeah, all-star guards grow on trees and are easily found.

Shades

PostPosted: 09/21/16 11:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I noticed a Hightower rehab commercial
https://www.instagram.com/p/BKbQbu1jWBu/

toad455

PostPosted: 09/28/16 7:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

forgot about Alleyne when originally posting their potential 2017 roster.

PF: Ogwumike/Little/Alleyne

myrtle

PostPosted: 09/28/16 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
forgot about Alleyne when originally posting their potential 2017 roster.

PF: Ogwumike/Little/Alleyne

My guess is Hightower will be there and Little will not. Stricklen maybe. Faris maybe just because she seems to hang around no matter what. Anyway Stricklen is not a SG and Tuck is perhaps an SF for a few (very few) minutes against certain lineups but will primarily play post. I see her as a younger Little-like player, though not as good yet.

- Amanda Gorman
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 16, 17, 18  Next
Page 1 of 18

Jump to: