RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Women's Football Schedule
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/19/16 12:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Duplicate

Ex-Ref

PostPosted: 08/24/16 8:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Solo is suspended six months.

Quote:
"I could not be the player I am without being the person I am, even when I haven’t made the best choices or said the right things. My entire career, I have only wanted the best for this team, for the players and the women’s game and I will continue to pursue these causes with the same unrelenting passion with which I play the game."

Interesting approach.

Quote:
Rich Nichols, the executive director of the players’ union, called the sanctions by U.S. Soccer “excessive, unprecedented, disproportionate and a violation of Ms. Solo’s First Amendment rights,” in a statement to Sports Illustrated. He vowed to appeal the punishment.

Quote:
“We also question whether this action would have ever been taken against a male player or coach, who, in the heated moments after a frustrating defeat questioned the tactics of the opposing team,” Nichols said in the statement.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/soccer/2016/08/24/us-soccer-suspends-hope-solo-six-months/89308542/

toad455

PostPosted: 08/24/16 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So she's suspended for six months & her contract is terminated? So does she negotiate a new contract in six months?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
toad455

PostPosted: 08/24/16 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<iframe src="http://www.espn.com/core/video/iframe?id=17386045&endcard=false" allowfullscreen frameborder="0"></iframe>

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/25/16 12:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So they ignore her prosecution for domestic violence but suspend her for mouthing off about the Swedish team?

Good to see US Soccer has its priorities in order. Rolling Eyes

Queenie

PostPosted: 08/25/16 6:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

This wasn't just about the Sweden thing. That was the straw that broke the camel's back. This is about the mouth, and about the DV, and about everything else she's ever done to make herself and US Soccer look bad.

(now with spelling variations)
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/25/16 9:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So it's just convenient timing, evidently.

A year ago it didn't matter to them in the slightest. They blew it off with Jill Ellis saying about the domestic violence on the eve of the World Cup "“I’ll be honest, we’ve moved on. She’s been a fantastic player and teammate. None of that has even resonated with us, and I’m sure many of the players aren’t aware of it.”

And they wrote a long letter full of legalese and excuses to a Senator on why they were doing nothing.

But hey, they needed her for the World Cup. This year they needed her for the Olympics.

Her misfortune is that they don't need her now, no big competitions. And she let through a couple goals and they lost at the Olympics, so her luster is diminished. How nice of her to provide them a trivial excuse now and a chance to cover their ass by finally doing what they should have done a long time ago.

US Soccer's reaction from the beginning has been pathetic.

It's like an NFL team allowing a star player to play in a Super Bowl after beating up his wife and then suspending him from Spring drills for criticizing the instant replay official and pretending that makes it OK.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/25/16 9:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's time US Soccer starts grooming new GKs in time for the 2019 WWC. Just dump Solo from the national team permanently & just let her play in the NWSL.

justintyme

PostPosted: 08/25/16 12:26 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is the USNT for soccer supported by the US Government? If not, how exactly were her 1st Amendment rights violated? The 1st Amendment doesn't give people the right to be jackasses without consequences. All it means is that the Government can't be the administrator of those consequences (with quite a few exceptions where they can be).

PostPosted: 08/30/16 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/08/emotional-hope-solo-moments-after-being-suspended-17-expletive-years-and-its-over

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: