RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Gold: USA vs Spain - 8/20/16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jmpenn90

PostPosted: 08/21/16 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

cthskzfn wrote:
jmpenn90 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
jmpenn90 wrote:
cthskzfn wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
SDHoops wrote:
Ace's brother was ranting on Twitter last Olympics and Ace seemed to keep the fire going rather than try to put it out. She's dramatic and she'll have to work on that. The fact that shes played pity me ever since then about it makes me glad they left out all the drama. Off that note, congrats Team USA!!!

How did she keep the fire going? She did absolutely nothing. Ever since she was left off the team, people have been making up a bunch of bullshit excuses and false accusations (like yours) to try to justify this moronic decision, and it only makes them look even dumber. On one hand, there is a coach with a long history of petty and spiteful behavior toward opposing players and coaches. Then you have a player who has never had any problems with coaches, teammates, or anyone else. Yet people want everyone to believe Candace is the problem?

And I'm not sure what this "pity me" thing is that you're talking about. What the hell do you want her to say? "Geno's right, I don't deserve to be on the Olympic team. I'm a selfish, ballhogging piece of shit who destroys every team I'm on even though I previously won two Olympic gold medals. I'm not a team player even though I'm second in the league in assists and have a higher career assists per game average than any forward or center on the Olympic team. In fact, I don't even deserve to be on a team in the WNBA, since they did so fucking well without me last season."
Then would you be happy?

Kindly list some of this long history, please. Thanks.

Aren't you a Uconn fan? If so you should know very well that he has had multiple issues with players on other teams. Some that I know of. Syracuse tripping incident. Cappie incident. Was rude about TN players in the media. He has even been pretty horrible to some players that transfered from uconn.

That's it? Of the 2 specific incidents you list, in one a player tripped Geno in the post-game line, while in the other, the erroneously-name "Cappie" incident, the blame can be laid at the feet (or mouth, specifically) of the royal c Matee Ajavon.

And CViv's ignorant and asinine reaction to the whole thing shouldn't be forgotten, either.

Long lost indeed.

I shared 4 things that I could remember off the top of my head. I wasn't even the poster who brought it up. 1. Syracuse 2. Cappie. 3. Before my time but he was really rude about a TN player. Would have to research to find out what he said. 4. Very rude about several of his players that transfered. When a player leaves instead of being classy he likes to insult them. One player he insulted before they even left at a parade. Was talking about how lazy the player was to the rest of the team and didn't realize his mic was on. I believe the player left later that season. 5. Poster mentioned coaches as well and he has fueded with Muffet, Stringer and Coach Summitt. I'm sure there are more. 6. Sexual harassment case against him in 2012 that was thrown out on the grounds of lack of jurisdiction. Again you as a uconn fan should know all of this better than I do.

You're certainly correct. I tried to enlighten you re: your first 2 examples.

Geno praises/criticizes both players and ex-players. This is a big deal for you?

Re Tenn, Pat's unsubstantiated hissy fit re Maya may be explained by her illness. That Geno held a grudge after that false accusation is understandable, imo.

Geno's no saint and he's got a healthy ego. Criminal.

I don't understand why he needs to criticize a player after they leave. Just not a good look.

I wasn't referring to anything about Maya. I was actually referring to Geno's hissy fit with Semeka Randall. I had to look it up to find out who the issue was with because I couldn't remember. She was a freshman who made a stupid comment about uconn being scared to play and Geno of course overreacted called her stupid, said Hell to the coaches and even insulted Marciniak who wasn't even still on the team then. Not a big deal but you asked for examples and Geno has had a lot of conflict with players and coaches.

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/21/16 11:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
The phenomenon of college allegiances/rivalries completely screwing with some fans' rationality is something I've never been able to get my head around, despite following WBB here and elsewhere for a long time now. There's nothing remotely equivalent here down under to compare it to.

I don't get how anyone can on the one hand be critical of a program for hogging all the best young talent and for being so dominant as to make the NCAA "boring", yet then turn around and whine about those talented, dominant players being included in the national team. Does not compute.

The rest of the world is marvelling at some of the best quality women's basketball that has ever been seen, just so you all know.

Yeah, it's like the WBB community is more divided when the country plays for the gold than when the players are competing against each other. Kind of backwards. And yes, there's not a shred of objectivity in these discussions, not like I would expect it but it's basically two sides screaming the same things over and over again with no regard for what the other is saying.

...so basically our political climate.

justintyme

PostPosted: 08/21/16 11:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
The phenomenon of college allegiances/rivalries completely screwing with some fans' rationality is something I've never been able to get my head around, despite following WBB here and elsewhere for a long time now. There's nothing remotely equivalent here down under to compare it to.

I don't get how anyone can on the one hand be critical of a program for hogging all the best young talent and for being so dominant as to make the NCAA "boring", yet then turn around and whine about those talented, dominant players being included in the national team. Does not compute.

The rest of the world is marvelling at some of the best quality women's basketball that has ever been seen, just so you all know.

Yeah, it's like the WBB community is more divided when the country plays for the gold than when the players are competing against each other. Kind of backwards. And yes, there's not a shred of objectivity in these discussions, not like I would expect it but it's basically two sides screaming the same things over and over again with no regard for what the other is saying.

Make team USA great again!

PostPosted: 08/21/16 11:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
mmaniac wrote:
It's really sad to read this thread after watching Team USA totally dominate their competition and it boils down to my favorite player wasn't on the team, so I'm going to hold my breath until I turn blue.

Grow up! Politics are involved in every aspect of life. Whether it's USA basketball or anything else. Enjoy the achievement because it may not last.

I throughly enjoyed watching this team play and can't wait for the new look team at Worlds in 2018.

Most fans would LOVE a 'new look'. Your statements reflect a newbie mentality, darlin'....this isn't about "favorite players", as much as it is about getting past the "Club Mentality". What other USA team has/has had this going on? Can you just imagine the outcry if 4 of 5 starters for Coach K's Olympic team were Duke alumni? Why is this favoritism tolerated? Because of apathy....most people don't give a shit about our sport.

I wonder what the tune would be like if, next Worlds or Olympics, Kim Mulkey started Griner, Sims, Fowles, EDD, and Diggins. Whalen, Bonner, Nneka, Chiney, and McCoughtry are the reserves. This team could kick any all-UConn team's ass on their way to gold.

All this IS a by-product of having, as we all know, this "Embarrassment of Talent" in our country/system. It really would be nice to see some new faces, though, because NOT all World-Class talent hails from Geno-ville.

I understand your point but it is a little harder this go round to buy the solely on the team for UConn preference.

Sue Bird has been the best PG this season in the W. Everyone was using her play in the W last season as a legit argument to leave her off the team, but this season she is playing great, she leads the league in Assists per game has a 2.5/1 A to TO ratio, has been killing it from beyond the arc 44% and has been very efficient scoring over all. that is what you want from your PG on team USA, throw in her previous experience with the team, the players and the system and you have a relatively air tight argument for her naking the squad. Bird is simply out performing the younger players this season who are coming for her spot regardless of her school ties. I'm a big Sims fan but her TOs and poor shooting percentages aren't helping her case to get on the team, Diggins simply couldn't play enough at 100% after her injury to beat out Bird, she is still struggling at the moment and isn't the Diggins we saw before injury who could very well have made the team. Sloot is struggling with injury and is splitting her starting role in Chicago with Faulkner, D-Rob is hurt, the only competition at PG that might have made it based on recent play is January, but again Bird's shooting and superior distribution is what team USA needs more than Janury's better defense, and there is even some question age aside that if a PG currently on the team was to lose her spot to a younger player it might just as easily have been Whalen who great as she is, doesn't have a 3 point shot which is very important in international games, and isn't having a great season in the W even though she is playing well enough for her team to be very successful, and played great for team USA in Rio, and is pretty much a top two PG in the league and has been her entire career.

The five UConn players were all #1 draft picks in the WNBA, that is not political it is because they are all some of the best players ever, three have been league MVP, that is kind of political but you still need to have at least arguably the best individual season in the league and stats to back that up to get that recognition, the one UConner in her first season is gong to be rookie of the year by a long shot, they all may have been rookie of the year their first season (I'm not sure), whether others have or not they've all put in the work with team USA. In the past players have gotten on the team when they weren't arguably the best, last Oly Cash and Jones, the one before Lawson (who did have a great Olympics and make serious contributions to the team) but this year except for the very controversial decision to leave Parker off the team (and the less controversial but still arguable omission of N. Ogwumike) you can't really argue that the players on the team, especially the Uconn players didn't earn it based on their recent performance on the court. Whether or not you think that is what got them their in the first place.

Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/21/16 11:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

I was actually going to include a US Politics analogy in my original post, but decided against it.

PostPosted: 08/22/16 10:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the sake of argument, let's concede that Geno picks the team. (Makes sense, he's responsible if he loses.)

He chooses a couple UConn players over a couple of non-UConn players, most notably Breanna Stewart over Candace Parker.

There's little justification for leaving CP3 off the team, though there is a case to be made for Stewart being on it. On purely a performance level, CP3 should have replaced Catchings; in terms of fewest minutes, after Catchings and Stewart, Fowles (114 minutes) and EDD (119 minutes) would be the choices.

Presumably, though, it has to be a UConn player who gets cut for Parker to satisfy the anti-Geno haters. That would be who, exactly?

*Bird had 31 assists and 4 turnovers.
*Charles shot 55%, had 25 assists to 10 turnovers and got a rebound every 4.1 minutes.
*Maya Moore shot 52%, had 34 assists and 13 turnovers, 16 steals and got a rebound every 4.4 minutes.
*Taurasi shot 56% overall, 57% from three and had 26 assists to 16 turnovers.

So really, we're talking Parker for Stewart, and her 87 minutes in eight games. And that's enough to generate the hate?

Yes, Geno's arrogant and annoying, especially to his rivals, but it's hard to argue that he's not qualified for the job.

One would think that it would be possible to set aside this petty -- and I do mean petty -- Geno-is-the-devil attitude and support Team USA, but apparently not.

A shame ... you missed greatness ...

PostPosted: 08/22/16 11:19 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

One of things Geno has mastered that the many politicians/strongmen have is the ability to be subjective while expecting your opponents to be objective.

boogiezen

PostPosted: 08/22/16 11:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmpenn90 wrote:
miller40 wrote:
Where/when did Geno say he's considering 2020?

There was a USA Today article a few days ago that said he would be likely to return.

GOOD!

Geno you get the job done. Winning GOLD back to BACK and not to mentioned the World Championship.

Some of these Tennessee losers are crying with envy! HAHA!

And Birdy congrats with your fourth GOLD medal. While Howee is b!tching in this forum dying with envy! HAHA! BOOOHOOOO! Crying or Very sad Laughing

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
zvyn3

PostPosted: 08/22/16 12:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
For the sake of argument, let's concede that Geno picks the team. (Makes sense, he's responsible if he loses.)

He chooses a couple UConn players over a couple of non-UConn players, most notably Breanna Stewart over Candace Parker.

There's little justification for leaving CP3 off the team, though there is a case to be made for Stewart being on it. On purely a performance level, CP3 should have replaced Catchings; in terms of fewest minutes, after Catchings and Stewart, Fowles (114 minutes) and EDD (119 minutes) would be the choices.

Presumably, though, it has to be a UConn player who gets cut for Parker to satisfy the anti-Geno haters. That would be who, exactly?

*Charles shot 55%, had 25 assists to 10 turnovers and got a rebound every 4.1 minutes.
*Maya Moore shot 52%, had 34 assists and 13 turnovers, 16 steals and got a rebound every 4.4 minutes.

So really, we're talking Parker for Stewart, and her 87 minutes in eight games. And that's enough to generate the hate?

Yes, Geno's arrogant and annoying, especially to his rivals, but it's hard to argue that he's not qualified for the job.

One would think that it would be possible to set aside this petty -- and I do mean petty -- Geno-is-the-devil attitude and support Team USA, but apparently not.

No it doesn't. I personally would not have chosen Charles, Fowles, McCoughtry, and Augustus for the team.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 08/22/16 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

It's funny because it was never like that before 2012.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 08/22/16 12:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Team USA (Official Photo)

Howee

PostPosted: 08/22/16 1:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

....and it's a shame someone with your cred has missed The Point, Clay!

No one (at least, not me!) is saying the UConn players played poorly in the Olympics. It's about the fact that MANY EQUALLY qualified players have been denied the opportunity to shine on the Olympic stage, as they certainly WOULD HAVE, had THEY also been hand-picked and groomed for the parts over the span of the past 3 Olympics. As has been mentioned, this phenomenon is new (if not totally unique) to our sport, as of 'bout 2012.

Yes, the quality of USA play = Greatness. But that same (better?) greatness could be attained with others who have not yet earned an Olympic medal. Put yourself in the position of (for example:) Odyssey Sims, and her parents, etc. Ask Becky Hammon about it. Or Nneka/Chiney.

Again, I don't see how ANYONE could believe that there is no direct and obvious bias in player selection THAT IS UNIQUE TO OUR SPORT. There was debate about it when Cash and Jones made the team, and now people still pretend it's not real. This King Geno and his UConn harem shit is not helping our sport a whole lot from an internal/domestic standpoint.

PostPosted: 08/22/16 2:20 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
ClayK wrote:

No one (at least, not me!) is saying the UConn players played poorly in the Olympics. It's about the fact that MANY EQUALLY qualified players have been denied the opportunity to shine on the Olympic stage, as they certainly WOULD HAVE, had THEY also been hand-picked and groomed for the parts over the span of the past 3 Olympics. As has been mentioned, this phenomenon is new (if not totally unique) to our sport, as of 'bout 2012.

Yes, the quality of USA play = Greatness. But that same (better?) greatness could be attained with others who have not yet earned an Olympic medal. Put yourself in the position of (for example:) Odyssey Sims, and her parents, etc. Ask Becky Hammon about it. Or Nneka/Chiney.

Again, I don't see how ANYONE could believe that there is no direct and obvious bias in player selection THAT IS UNIQUE TO OUR SPORT. There was debate about it when Cash and Jones made the team, and now people still pretend it's not real. This King Geno and his UConn harem shit is not helping our sport a whole lot from an internal/domestic standpoint.

Yes, there is some bias in the process -- but you know, there always is. Maybe this is somewhat more overt, but it's not as if these 12 women didn't deserve to be there. Of course, others did too, but that's always the case.

It seems to me the whining is way out of perspective. Becky Hammon's failure to make the Olympic team had nothing to do with UConn, for one.

And yes, Nneka should have been there, and Candace too, but the only one who didn't really perform was Tamika Catchings, and she certainly deserved a victory lap. Maybe not as much as Nneka and CP3 based on their skills.

But why the hate? Why the bitterness? Geno is Geno, UConn is the best college program right now, and the USA won gold in dominating, unprecedented fashion, sharing the ball and playing wonderful basketball. Isn't that worth a lot more than poisoned kvetching over roster selection?

PostPosted: 08/22/16 2:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Yes, there is some bias in the process -- but you know, there always is. Maybe this is somewhat more overt, but it's not as if these 12 women didn't deserve to be there. Of course, others did too, but that's always the case.

It seems to me the whining is way out of perspective. Becky Hammon's failure to make the Olympic team had nothing to do with UConn, for one.

And yes, Nneka should have been there, and Candace too, but the only one who didn't really perform was Tamika Catchings, and she certainly deserved a victory lap. Maybe not as much as Nneka and CP3 based on their skills.

But why the hate? Why the bitterness? Geno is Geno, UConn is the best college program right now, and the USA won gold in dominating, unprecedented fashion, sharing the ball and playing wonderful basketball. Isn't that worth a lot more than poison-pen kvetching over roster selection?

PostPosted: 08/22/16 2:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Howee wrote:
ClayK wrote:

But why the hate? Why the bitterness? Geno is Geno, UConn is the best college program right now, and the USA won gold in dominating, unprecedented fashion, sharing the ball and playing wonderful basketball. Isn't that worth a lot more than poison-pen kvetching over roster selection?

Well said!

5thmantheme

PostPosted: 08/22/16 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to the whole team.

"Moral" of the story?
Don't mess with Taurasi's hair.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 08/22/16 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

No it doesn't. I personally would not have chosen Charles, Fowles, McCoughtry, and Augustus for the team.

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/22/16 5:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Who would you have chosen instead of those players?

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/22/16 5:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

There's little justification for leaving CP3 off the team, though there is a case to be made for Stewart being on it.

In July there was. Had they chosen the team at the same time as the men, there would have been a good case to be made. But you need to remember that for no apparent good reason the team was chosen before the WNBA season started, and I submit that at that point in time, no such case could be made.

jmpenn90

PostPosted: 08/22/16 6:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

There's little justification for leaving CP3 off the team, though there is a case to be made for Stewart being on it.

In July there was. Had they chosen the team at the same time as the men, there would have been a good case to be made. But you need to remember that for no apparent good reason the team was chosen before the WNBA season started, and I submit that at that point in time, no such case could be made.

I saw a quote recently about EDD having to adjust to the international game some since she didn't have much international experience. Parker had so much more international experience than EDD, Griner, and Stewart. I used to not only love watching the USA team play in the Olympics but I would try to watch whatever tournament they were playing in even if I had to get super early or stay up late because of the time difference. It is really sad that the corruption has taken away my enjoyment. If Candace had lied like they wanted her to everyone would have been calling her selfish for not going.

Howee

PostPosted: 08/22/16 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

Ummm, I certainly don't "hate" over such things. Bitterness? Nah.

Now, Kvetching? Absolutely. If we fans shouldn't care enough to kvetch over injustices, real or perceived, then just close Reb's down. IMO, some inequities/injustices are just a necessary, unavoidable part of life. This one could be fixed.

PostPosted: 08/23/16 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
caune wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
caune wrote:
Lord in heaven people, we are all Americans, can we put the shut aside and cheer for ALL our players 😕

WHERES PARKER THO
She's home nursing her attitude, you know, the reason she didn't make the team?

Geno kept her off the team out of spite. People who say her attitude is the reason she didn't make the team are so full of shit it's ridiculous, and clearly know nothing about her. If attitude was the reason then half the damn team wouldn't be there. Candace has never been suspended by her team for violating team rules. Never had a DUI. Never punched a player in the face. Never been arrested for domestic violence. Never led the league in technicals. Never refused to play for her team and forced a trade. So tell me, what makes her so much more evil than everyone else?

Did I say it was a bad attitude? There are all sorts of traits that need to be balanced on a team. Geno had a choice between Catch and Parker. Who's going to happily hold down the end of the bench? Catch get's the vote.
You all should be very happy she was left off the team, it's made a huge difference in her game this season. Might even lead her to a Championship :O
Why did the choice have to be between Catch and Cp? She could have replace anybody else that was playing any of the post position.One of the best women player should be happy holding the end of the bench.I thought you start by picking one of best available talent in the pool first when making a team not waiting to save them a spot on the bench.I don't think Geno would have DT Bird Maya(I agree they are starters because they are the best at their position)coming off the bench but its ok for him to ask Cp to do that? Wheather we agree with it or not sometimes players get starter spots just by having more talent then the rest. You think Kobe Jordan Lebron would be happy not being starters on Team USA? Even Catch said it was hard not getting good mins in Rio. I'm sorry but it didn't seem right that Sue Bird playing on bum knee got more mins than Catch in the last gold medal game Tamika deserves more that 6 mins in her final game as a team USA member especially considering that Geno even had Moore playing in the final mins in blowout games too. That nothing more that disrespect to vet who given her all to that team.All this talk about Cp's attitude but Geno is being a asshole. You are giving team USA to much credit for Cp season she was playing good after the AllStar break last season plus those other MVP season she had too. Sparks being a talent team has nothing to do with Cp snub too. Nneka having a MVP season AB and Carson playing good defense, KT and Parker playing good will have more to do with LA maybe winning a title then USA leaving their star player off team USA.

boogiezen

PostPosted: 08/23/16 8:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
caune wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
caune wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
caune wrote:
Lord in heaven people, we are all Americans, can we put the shut aside and cheer for ALL our players 😕

WHERES PARKER THO
She's home nursing her attitude, you know, the reason she didn't make the team?

Geno kept her off the team out of spite. People who say her attitude is the reason she didn't make the team are so full of shit it's ridiculous, and clearly know nothing about her. If attitude was the reason then half the damn team wouldn't be there. Candace has never been suspended by her team for violating team rules. Never had a DUI. Never punched a player in the face. Never been arrested for domestic violence. Never led the league in technicals. Never refused to play for her team and forced a trade. So tell me, what makes her so much more evil than everyone else?

Did I say it was a bad attitude? There are all sorts of traits that need to be balanced on a team. Geno had a choice between Catch and Parker. Who's going to happily hold down the end of the bench? Catch get's the vote.
You all should be very happy she was left off the team, it's made a huge difference in her game this season. Might even lead her to a Championship :O
Why did the choice have to be between Catch and Cp? She could have replace anybody else that was playing any of the post position.One of the best women player should be happy holding the end of the bench.I thought you start by picking one of best available talent in the pool first when making a team not waiting to save them a spot on the bench.I don't think Geno would have DT Bird Maya(I agree they are starters because they are the best at their position)coming off the bench but its ok for him to ask Cp to do that? Wheather we agree with it or not sometimes players get starter spots just by having more talent then the rest. You think Kobe Jordan Lebron would be happy not being starters on Team USA? Even Catch said it was hard not getting good mins in Rio. I'm sorry but it didn't seem right that Sue Bird playing on bum knee got more mins than Catch in the last gold medal game Tamika deserves more that 6 mins in her final game as a team USA member especially considering that Geno even had Moore playing in the final mins in blowout games too. That nothing more that disrespect to vet who given her all to that team.All this talk about Cp's attitude but Geno is being a asshole. You are giving team USA to much credit for Cp season she was playing good after the AllStar break last season plus those other MVP season she had too. Sparks being a talent team has nothing to do with Cp snub too. Nneka having a MVP season AB and Carson playing good defense, KT and Parker playing good will have more to do with LA maybe winning a title then USA leaving their star player off team USA.

Catchings played in the Semi. Even in those few minutes she was HORRENDOUS. She couldn't even shoot!

Team USA doesn't even need her. You could put a younger player in her position but Team USA still managed to include her because she's been in the program for many years.

And why Bird getting the hate here who is solidly orchestrating the team in the half court? As you see they struggled after Whalen in the semis while they tried to put DT is the PG position. And Catchings couldn't even shoot! Rolling Eyes

FACT? These Tennessee losers are sour graping because no matter what USA won GOLD without their beloved Parker on the team. I bet they wished that there will be an upset in the Olympics. Laughing

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
zvyn3

PostPosted: 08/23/16 10:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

Who would you have chosen instead of those players?

Candace, Nneka, Dupree, and Loyd. If character/attitude is so important like so many people on here seem to think, then Taurasi and Griner should have been left off as well.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 08/23/16 10:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jmpenn90 wrote:
bballjunkie wrote:
WOW. People wonder why the women don't get as much support as they should, well just read some of these posts. Whiny, unpatriotic, jealous individuals, who just rip for the sake of envy, rather than supporting the game they are supposed to love. You need therapy to deal with your envy, it is rediculous. I am with Luuc, other countries women would be ecstatic.

Real nice to name call just because people don't agree with you. It was one thing for them not to pick Parker but they completely lost my respect and support when USA basketball wanted her to lie and say it was her choice. Also they used her in advertising just a couple months earlier. Sorry that is corrupt to me. I feel like Geno picked players basked on his personal relationship with them and I also think he should have given another coach a chance. Every other coach wasn't as selfish. Guess I need to go to therapy to get over it and turn a blind eye to corruption and favoritism.

Laughing my effing ass off.... Where did I mention your name? Obviously you seem to feel that you are that type of person, thanks for clarifying that for everyone.

I hope he coaches at the next 2 Olympics just to piss these whiners off. Waah waah waah good points Clay and they even questioned your cred just because you didn't say what some wanted to hear, rationality.

Damn no wonder the political climate in this country is a mess but I am thinking it's just the whiny minority who stamp their feet because they didn't get what they wanted. Hopefully it's just words or we could have some Timothy McVeighs out there. Luuuuuc you are my hero, say it like it is.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 8 of 11

Jump to: