RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

NBC Is A Waste Of F***king Space With Their Coverage
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/11/16 10:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Evidently it wasn't a good day for Canadian swimming announcers.

After the Chinese faded to 4th in the 4x200 relay, gifting Canada the bronze medal, the CBC analyst proclaimed “That little 14-year-old from China dropped the ball, baby. Too excited, went out like stink, died like a pig. Thanks for that.”

http://screengrabber.deadspin.com/cbc-announcer-on-hot-mic-that-little-14-year-old-from-1785151159

toad455

PostPosted: 08/21/16 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just can't get over the amount of events that were tape delayed by NBC, mostly their 'Primetime coverage". We have the next three Olympics in Asia, where everything will be tape delayed. Terrible overall job by NBC.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
ridor

PostPosted: 08/22/16 2:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was thrilled that the Olympics ended so my TV can resume. NBC's handling of Summer Olympics were badly incompetent.

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/22/16 10:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only saving grace was nbcolympics.com, where you could see everything live.

I definitely will be using that more in 2020.

PostPosted: 08/22/16 12:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really don't understand all the criticism.

NBC made available an unprecedented amount of coverage. Used NBC, NBCSN, MSNBC, CNBC. Had 24/7 soccer and basketball games on dedicated channels, endless tennis on Bravo, every minute of golf on Golf Channel. And if these weren't enough, you could watch anything and everything online.

Some announcers were good, some were bad. No surpruse there.

There seemed to be much less of the endless "up close and personal" rubbish that ABC so loves, which was a pleasant relief.

It wasn't perfect, but I thought they did ok.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/22/16 6:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

No real complaint with the TV coverage here. My only complain about live streams that I saw on iOS were that some at the beginning of the Olympics had no announcer audio at all, even if those same events were televised live with announcers (I checked just to see if maybe some events had no announcers).

Once they got that squared away I was fine with it. Wish they would have shown more live boxing on TV but I guess there's a reason related to popularity. Just surprised that events like archery and judo were televised while live boxing was taking place. Not really a criticism as I don't know the thought process behind that. Like everything else, I'm sure there's a reason.

PostPosted: 08/22/16 6:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
No real complaint with the TV coverage here. My only complain about live streams that I saw on iOS were that some at the beginning of the Olympics had no announcer audio at all, even if those same events were televised live with announcers (I checked just to see if maybe some events had no announcers).

Once they got that squared away I was fine with it. Wish they would have shown more live boxing on TV but I guess there's a reason related to popularity. Just surprised that events like archery and judo were televised while live boxing was taking place. Not really a criticism as I don't know the thought process behind that. Like everything else, I'm sure there's a reason.

I wasn't really looking for boxing a lot, but it seemed that it was covered a lot the last three days when the medal bouts were on.

toad455

PostPosted: 08/22/16 9:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yes, I do love that everything was available live if you could watch it online or via their app. But their "primetime coverage" was a joke. Half of it was stuff that had already happened with them trying to hype it up as if it were airing live. I get that gymnastics is a huge draw, but how many people actually tuned in knowing what the results were?

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 08/22/16 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
yes, I do love that everything was available live if you could watch it online or via their app. But their "primetime coverage" was a joke. Half of it was stuff that had already happened with them trying to hype it up as if it were airing live. I get that gymnastics is a huge draw, but how many people actually tuned in knowing what the results were?

The TV ratings were down but the streaming ratings were way up. Kids don't watch TV the way the older generations do.

PostPosted: 08/22/16 9:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

That was basically limited to the broadcast network coverage. Live stuff was still on NBCSN and sometimes other stations in prime time.

Assume that the broadcast coverage was the programming intended for the non-sports-fan reality show/soap opera crowd. It had the gymnastics and other "artistic" events, plus the high profile events like Phelps and Ladecky and Bolt and Walsh-Jennings - the stuff considered an "event" as much as sport and the stuff that attracts the broadest audience.

I don't blame NBC for packing all of that into their evening broadcast network show while showing live sports for sports fans on other channels.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: