RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Gold: USA vs Spain - 8/20/16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zvyn3

PostPosted: 08/20/16 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
caune wrote:
Lord in heaven people, we are all Americans, can we put the shut aside and cheer for ALL our players 😕

WHERES PARKER THO
She's home nursing her attitude, you know, the reason she didn't make the team?

Geno kept her off the team out of spite. People who say her attitude is the reason she didn't make the team are so full of shit it's ridiculous, and clearly know nothing about her. If attitude was the reason then half the damn team wouldn't be there. Candace has never been suspended by her team for violating team rules. Never had a DUI. Never punched a player in the face. Never been arrested for domestic violence. Never led the league in technicals. Never refused to play for her team and forced a trade. So tell me, what makes her so much more evil than everyone else?

jmpenn90

PostPosted: 08/20/16 6:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
caune wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
caune wrote:
Lord in heaven people, we are all Americans, can we put the shut aside and cheer for ALL our players 😕

WHERES PARKER THO
She's home nursing her attitude, you know, the reason she didn't make the team?

Geno kept her off the team out of spite. People who say her attitude is the reason she didn't make the team are so full of shit it's ridiculous, and clearly know nothing about her. If attitude was the reason then half the damn team wouldn't be there. Candace has never been suspended by her team for violating team rules. Never had a DUI. Never punched a player in the face. Never been arrested for domestic violence. Never led the league in technicals. Never refused to play for her team and forced a trade. So tell me, what makes her so much more evil than everyone else?

If attitude was so important Catch would have gotten more than 6:33 in a blowout game. That was insulting to her. So Parker has too much attitude to even be on the team and Catch just isn't talented enough to get minutes even when the game isn't close. And it is just a coincidence that both are TN players.

blaase22

PostPosted: 08/20/16 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Finally over! now lets get the wnba started this is one of the most boring events at the olympics!

stever

PostPosted: 08/20/16 6:37 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
caune wrote:

WHERES PARKER THO

Posted about an hour before gametime today:
<iframe width="853" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/JEttmmJRi-Q?rel=0" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Quote:
Candace Parker didn't make it to Rio, but she's having one of the best seasons in WNBA history.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 08/20/16 6:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Demarcus Cousins is widely known for having the worst attitude in the NBA. He's on the Olympic team. So is Draymond Green. I don't hear anyone having a problem with that.

Silky Johnson

PostPosted: 08/20/16 6:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
Demarcus Cousins is widely known for having the worst attitude in the NBA.

Confused

"Widely known," or widely perceived?

My team no longer exists, so I'll have to settle for hating yours.
sigur3

PostPosted: 08/20/16 7:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:

Quote:
Candace Parker didn't make it to Rio, but she's having one of the best seasons in WNBA history.

LOL she's not even having her own best season

zvyn3

PostPosted: 08/20/16 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
stever wrote:

Quote:

Neither is almost everyone on the team.

WfanFrJmp

PostPosted: 08/20/16 7:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The ladies definitely handled their business and DT was the MVP of the tourney without a doubt! As someone stated in an article, it is amazing to think that the Olympic team has been solid gold since the W has been in existence! Awesome!!

zvyn3 wrote:
sigur3 wrote:
stever wrote:

Quote:

Neither is almost everyone on the team.

Wellll, it depends on how you look at it. I know we are used to her in the post and on the boards but she has continued to adjust her game for her team. The 2012 Olympic MVP is 2nd in assists (the sole F-C even in the top 10) and stands as the only player in the league who ranks in the top 11 in all core statistical categories.

Howee

PostPosted: 08/20/16 9:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
We are so much better when Bird is on the bench

And even better if she were off the TEAM. This Olympics has entrenched her in my mind as one of the *Piggy-est* Olympians ever. I don't give a hairy rat's ass how good you wanna argue she is: WE WOULD HAVE WON GOLD WITH WHALEN/SIMS/DIGGINS/BENTLEY/TAKEYERPICK and Bird on the bench handing out towels. She is no longer the best PG in America, but her sweetheart deal with Geno---NOT her skills--has put her into the Olympic History books. NOT her skills.

If she'd been honest AND classy, she'd have done what was in America's best interest for the future and insisted he have another, younger pg take her place. Anybody who thinks she was essential to gold is merely indulging their Girly crush on her.

I have no doubt it galled him to have to start Griner, to keep from a total UConn lineup. Yes, on a technical level, he's an amazing coach, but he's also an egotistic self-promoter, in his subliminal, classy way.

PostPosted: 08/20/16 10:08 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee darling, tell us how you REALLY feel. Wink

- Amanda Gorman
mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/20/16 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

And even better if she were off the TEAM. This Olympics has entrenched her in my mind as one of the *Piggy-est* Olympians ever. I don't give a hairy rat's ass how good you wanna argue she is: WE WOULD HAVE WON GOLD WITH WHALEN/SIMS/DIGGINS/BENTLEY/TAKEYERPICK and Bird on the bench handing out towels. She is no longer the best PG in America, but her sweetheart deal with Geno---NOT her skills--has put her into the Olympic History books. NOT her skills.

If she'd been honest AND classy, she'd have done what was in America's best interest for the future and insisted he have another, younger pg take her place. Anybody who thinks she was essential to gold is merely indulging their Girly crush on her.

I have no doubt it galled him to have to start Griner, to keep from a total UConn lineup. Yes, on a technical level, he's an amazing coach, but he's also an egotistic self-promoter, in his subliminal, classy way.

That is not how USA basketball works, and it never has been. Dawn Staley started and played a ton of minutes in her fourth Olympics. And quite frankly, she was terrible. Catch was on this team.

Because here is the truth, whatever team we field next go around will be the most talented, and we don't need to "Groom" in an early Olympics. They'll get it next go around. Team USA has always been about honoring the vets that have been there from the beginning. I would have been pissed if Bird or Catch weren't on the team. They earned their spot.

Hell, Bird ran the offense the best. The team looked better with her in it, despite pilight's shit stirring. I love Whalen, I think she did her job, but if only one of them goes to the Olympics. It's Bird. (That being said, both of them earned their spots there.)

Some people need to show some fucking respect to these ladies and the coach. This is Team USA.

PostPosted: 08/20/16 10:22 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

Naw, he loves Griner. Didn't you see that celebratory hug? He bent over backwards to get Griner on the 2014 Worlds team. Griner is definitely an honorary UConn member. Smile

Why don't you consider Catchings "piggy"?

How come all you guys complaining instead of celebrating a win still aren't over this?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 08/20/16 10:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/20/16 10:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

Naw, he loves Griner. Didn't you see that celebratory hug? He bent over backwards to get Griner on the 2014 Worlds team. Griner is definitely an honorary UConn member. Smile

Why don't consider Catchings "piggy"?

How come all you guys complaining instead of celebrating a win still aren't over this?

Because we can't have nice things. That's why.

PostPosted: 08/20/16 10:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

That is not how USA basketball works, and it never has been. Dawn Staley started and played a ton of minutes in her fourth Olympics. And quite frankly, she was terrible. Catch was on this team.

Because here is the truth, whatever team we field next go around will be the most talented, and we don't need to "Groom" in an early Olympics. They'll get it next go around. Team USA has always been about honoring the vets that have been there from the beginning. I would have been pissed if Bird or Catch weren't on the team. They earned their spot.

Hell, Bird ran the offense the best. The team looked better with her in it, despite pilight's shit stirring. I love Whalen, I think she did her job, but if only one of them goes to the Olympics. It's Bird. (That being said, both of them earned their spots there.)

Some people need to show some fucking respect to these ladies and the coach. This is Team USA.

It didn't seem like Team USA at all to me. It was all about Team Uconn and I could care less and now it seems like Geno is going to be selfish and coach again in 2020 even though there are several other willing, capable coaches ready for their chance. No other coach on the women's side took more than one Olympics and he wants 3?

Last edited by jmpenn90 on 08/20/16 10:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
pilight

PostPosted: 08/20/16 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Dawn Staley started and played a ton of minutes in her fourth Olympics.

Staley only played in three Olympics. The last one (in 2004) was the only one in which she was the starter.

PostPosted: 08/20/16 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
[Anybody who thinks she was essential to gold is merely indulging their Girly crush on her.

You could say the same thing about any player.
You could say the same thing about any 6 players. Arguably all 12.
But Sue's play in the WNBA this season has more than demonstrated her worthiness of being there purely on playing ability.

If it was my team for the long term then I would have included more youth in it this year, to make the transition to Tokyo smoother, but not a single one of those 12 is unworthy of being there IMO.

Seems like Geno had the team playing too well for some people's liking. Much like at UConn.
If the aussie Opals had just won their 6th consecutive gold medal the whole country would be lauding the hell out of them.

PostPosted: 08/20/16 11:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
That is not how USA basketball works, and it never has been.

Correct. Team USA has more fairly fielded the best players available, not those necessarily closest in ties to the coach. 2, 3 Olympics? Beyond that, there are almost certainly BETTER players than you, ready to go. Just because you can *hide* amongst better, younger players in the Team concept doesn't make you The Best at your position. At their positions, if they continue, Taurasi and Moore should be around 2 more Olympics, imo. But Bird is not at their level, and she overstayed her time, regardless of sentimentalism. You Birdy fans may be delighted, but you cannot claim she was "indespensably irreplaceable".

mercfan3 wrote:
Yes, Blind Patriotism cuz it's all wrapped in the flag. Bullshit. Rolling Eyes
And some people need to realize the fucking difference between sheer talent and political favoritism.
Muffet McGraw could have pulled together a Non-UConn team of Griner, EDD, Parker, The O sisters, Bonner, Simms, Diggins, McCoughtry, Loyd, Bentley, Augustus, etc., and beaten the snot outta Geno's team. For America. Hence, despite the gold, it is NOT America's best possible team.

So it begs the question: who gets the nod to play on the biggest world stage, for the glory (see: edorsements, etc.), the gold, the honor....and for the fourth time. hmmm.

PostPosted: 08/20/16 11:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

Candace Parker was there from the beginning. Didn't seem like she got any favoritism for that.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 08/21/16 12:15 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zvyn3 wrote:
Demarcus Cousins is widely known for having the worst attitude in the NBA. He's on the Olympic team. So is Draymond Green. I don't hear anyone having a problem with that.

For goodness sake, the Olympics are over, the team won the Gold and that is that. She didn't make the team so it is time to move on.

zvyn3

PostPosted: 08/21/16 12:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballgrl wrote:
zvyn3 wrote:

For goodness sake, the Olympics are over, the team won the Gold and that is that. She didn't make the team so it is time to move on.

I'm not going to move on. Just because the Olympics are over and the team won gold doesn't mean it was right. She belonged on the team and Geno kept her off, plain and simple.

boogiezen

PostPosted: 08/21/16 12:41 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I hope Geno will continue to coach Team USA!!! Cool

Congrats Team USA. 6th gold medals.

And Birdy for your 4th gold medal! Let them cry with bitterness! HAHA! Crying or Very sad Laughing

"Kim Yu-Na. A living, breathing work of art from Korea" - Cam Cole, Vancouver Sun
Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/21/16 4:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
pilight wrote:

12,5 pts
46% from the field (2nd best of her career)
44% from behind the arc (career best!!)
6,0 assists Leading the league with assists

Which PG is having a better WNBA season then Sue Bird ? Laughing Laughing
I thought she shut all the haters up with her play so far in the wnba season but i guess there are always 1 or 2 who never give up Laughing Shocked Laughing

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
toad455

PostPosted: 08/21/16 5:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They could have Beyonce coach this team & they'd still win gold. There's just no competition from anyone else.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
SDHoops

PostPosted: 08/21/16 6:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ace's brother was ranting on Twitter last Olympics and Ace seemed to keep the fire going rather than try to put it out. She's dramatic and she'll have to work on that. The fact that shes played pity me ever since then about it makes me glad they left out all the drama. Off that note, congrats Team USA!!!

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 9, 10, 11  Next
Page 5 of 11

Jump to: