RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ann Meyers-Drysdale: Torture
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shades

PostPosted: 08/18/16 6:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I just listened to Swin Cash preview the Gold Medal game. Excruciatingly bad.
Sounded like she was reading her analysis (probably was from the teleprompter) with a rudimentary reading level. And she still has that nails-to-chalkboard voice she always had. Please Swin! Find a line of work that doesn't involve using your voice. *begging*

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 08/19/16 7:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
AMD is so bad it's incredible -- this was her worst game ever.

"France wants to give their best to start the game ..."

Well, no kidding. Most teams like to start off giving their worst.

And then she said the USA had its defensive lineup on the floor with Delle Donne, Augustus and Whalen.

... the mind reels.

And her voice is annoying too.

i agree with everything. lol. Laughing

StevenHW

PostPosted: 08/19/16 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Sounded like she was reading her analysis (probably was from the teleprompter) with a rudimentary reading level. And she still has that nails-to-chalkboard voice she always had. Please Swin! Find a line of work that doesn't involve using your voice. *begging*

With Swin Cash retiring from playing in the WNBA after this season, the thing I'm worrying about is if she's going to be part of ESPN's announcing crew for the WNBA 2017 season next year. Shocked

She might make us forgive Carolyn Peck's announcing. Mad

PostPosted: 08/19/16 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
Shades wrote:

With Swin Cash retiring from playing in the WNBA after this season, the thing I'm worrying about is if she's going to be part of ESPN's announcing crew for the WNBA 2017 season next year. Shocked

She might make us forgive Carolyn Peck's announcing. Mad

Probably. She already does stuff with ESPN and MSG Network in the WNBA offseason.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 08/19/16 11:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Swin is attractive on camera and knows the game, but a game commentator is essentially an off-camera "radio voice". Swin simply doesn't have a good radio voice. Her voice timbre, word articulation and vocal speed are all of insufficient radio quality and often grating.

The best radio voices of all time were: (1) Paul Harvey and (2) Howard Cosell.

I don't go along with the hostile AMD derangement syndrome. To me, virtually all WBB color commentators gab irrelevantly and excessively. That's the norm. Annie has the virtue of having strong historical knowledge of the game. She's played with, against or for, or has been otherwise very familiar with, virtually everyone in the modern sport since the mid-70's.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: