RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

USA vs France - 8/18/16
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SCook

PostPosted: 08/18/16 5:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That wasn't even a foul. She stayed straight up and didn't leave her feet.

These refs suck.

PostPosted: 08/18/16 6:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

EDD is the worst defender in this lineup.

Kinda how BG is the best defender of the original starters.

PostPosted: 08/18/16 6:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I dont get this line-up from France. They should always have 1 of Gruda, Yacoubou or Miyem on the floor Shocked

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
kojthiabkuv

PostPosted: 08/18/16 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh that was so pretty Mone to EDD!

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/18/16 6:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Welp, thanks for giving us a half, France Laughing

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/18/16 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Catchings got hit in the face by Tina's shoulder Shocked

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/18/16 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bird's quickness and ability to space the floor quickly is definitely missed with this group. Give France credit, they're battling.

PostPosted: 08/18/16 6:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The US needs a game like this. Remind them that they have to play 40 minutes and not just 2/3 quarters.

PostPosted: 08/18/16 6:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Bird's quickness and ability to space the floor quickly is definitely missed with this group. Give France credit, they're battling.

USA look like a mess in their setplays. Too much standing around. Too many iso's. They need Bird to settle things down and run some damn plays

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/18/16 6:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'd expect Spain to play better than they did the first time against the US. Especially if Bird is out. The US defense took Torrens completely out of the game at the start. It will be interesting to see if Spain finds creative ways to open up the floor for Torrens this time around.

PostPosted: 08/18/16 6:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:

USA look like a mess in their setplays. Too much standing around. Too many iso's. They need Bird to settle things down and run some damn plays

Yeah Bird also is continuously in motion without the ball, something Taurasi isn't all that consistent with. They seem to go through extended periods where they try to get the ball inside, which slows the offense down considerably. Also, Bird opens up the floor and can break down the defense for Taurasi to catch and shoot. Having them both on the floor with their chemistry creates so many more open shots just from ball movement then they got today.

Somehow I think they'll figure it out Saturday.

PostPosted: 08/18/16 6:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
The US needs a game like this. Remind them that they have to play 40 minutes and not just 2/3 quarters.

Well, it was France who needed to play 40 minutes

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ClayK

PostPosted: 08/18/16 6:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spain sandbagging its way to the 40-point loss in pool play worked out perfectly ...

Saturday, we'll see how they really want to the play the U.S.

PostPosted: 08/18/16 6:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Although it sounds as if Geno could be staying on as coach for 2020, I like that Reeves has shown a lot of input with players etc, she is much more involved.

I am not sure he wants the stress. I would not be surprised if Dawn Staley gets the job given her experience on the team and what she has done at USC.

PostPosted: 08/18/16 10:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I really like how Reeves has stepped up during these games. She had presence and is respected by the players, she is also very articulate about what's going on, she seems to mesh well with Doug and GENO. On the other hand, Staley had none of these qualities, don't see her as the leader of our country or any where near it, she is a fish out of water. Just because she played does not make her qualified to coach. She is not that good at the college level so I don't see her at the international level as the players wouldn't respect her or her buddy buddy tactics.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/19/16 2:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Spain sandbagging its way to the 40-point loss in pool play worked out perfectly ...

Saturday, we'll see how they really want to the play the U.S.

They will give it their all. Players like Cruz Xargay (they rested her in the first game) Torrens Palau will give it everything they have. But Spain biggest weakness is their postgame offensively and defensively. USA will need to exploit that with Charles, Griner and Fowles.
Also Torrens will need to have a good game to make it close.

Force10rulz

PostPosted: 08/19/16 1:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sue is the glue that holds the team together, and you could really tell in the first half. Whatever Geno said at the half worked. France sure gave us a run for our money.

PostPosted: 08/19/16 2:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was (or is!) EDD's eye still bothering her?
Nobody has stopped her so far, but for this game her shooting was off.
Perhaps Bird had been getting her the ball in better spots ...

Catch resting a bit for the big game. Stewart too.

NoDakSt

PostPosted: 08/20/16 7:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

bballjunkie wrote:
I really like how Reeves has stepped up during these games. She had presence and is respected by the players, she is also very articulate about what's going on, she seems to mesh well with Doug and GENO. On the other hand, Staley had none of these qualities, don't see her as the leader of our country or any where near it, she is a fish out of water. Just because she played does not make her qualified to coach. She is not that good at the college level so I don't see her at the international level as the players wouldn't respect her or her buddy buddy tactics.

Yea, she's so worthless. Must be why Geno named her to the team in 2014 and 2016.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 08/20/16 12:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GENO did not name her to the team 🙄

If you watch the games she has very little if any input and very little interaction with the players during the game. IMO she is basically a token coach. It has been done before on lots of levels. And geez nice response with no debate able facts.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/20/16 12:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is one-third of the team token teammates?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
caune

PostPosted: 08/20/16 1:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
As annoying as Swin can be, I would rather listen to her than Annie. In fact, today I thought Swin wasn't too bad, so maybe improving.
really? She can't get a name right to save her soul. She called Marta Xargy ex gay and Cambage Camba and Ayayi A E E. She's awful.

PostPosted: 08/20/16 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
myrtle wrote:
As annoying as Swin can be, I would rather listen to her than Annie. In fact, today I thought Swin wasn't too bad, so maybe improving.
really? She can't get a name right to save her soul. She called Marta Xargy ex gay and Cambage Camba and Ayayi A E E. She's awful.

at least she talks about the game in front of her. Annie just goes off on some major tangent about past memories and goes on and on for half of a quarter...without a single word about the game going on.

PS I didn't say Swin was great...just better than Annie. I would much prefer LaChina or Lobo or Kara Lawson or lots of others.

- Amanda Gorman
sigur3

PostPosted: 08/20/16 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ann has been calling Ndour "Endoo" this whole tournament and she supposedly watches her in the WNBA too...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: