RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Gymnastics
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/16/16 2:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Congrats to Simone and Aly on another 1-2 finish on the Floor!

Youth Coach

PostPosted: 08/16/16 5:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm a big fan of Aly Raisman so for the second straight Olympiad, she's been magnificent!
tfan

PostPosted: 08/16/16 10:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Would have loved for Brazilian Flávia Saraiva to have gotten a medal on the beam.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 08/16/16 11:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Youth Coach wrote:
I'm a big fan of Aly Raisman so for the second straight Olympiad, she's been magnificent!

Honestly, if Simone wasn't there, I think Aly would have walked away with a huge chunk of medals. (Gold Team, Gold All Around, at least a medal on beam, Gold Floor..maybe a medal on a vault.) She was really at her peak this olympics, IMO.

PostPosted: 08/16/16 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Would have loved for Brazilian Flávia Saraiva to have gotten a medal on the beam.

Me too. She is the cutest little thing ever.

Also, I love the other Brazilian's floor routine. (The one that was in the all around)

PostPosted: 08/16/16 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
On another note has anyone noticed that on NBC's stream (not sure about the tv version) the little name graphic when Laurie Hernandez competes says Lauren Hernandez. It bugs me every time I see it, that's not her name.

Lauren is the name she was born with. She probably prefers Laurie because it's more youthful, like she is.

Is it Gabby Douglas? Would you be pissed off to see it written as Gabrielle?
Is it Aly Raisman? Would you be pissed off to see it written as Alexandra? I bet you would.

Actually it's I didn't know Laurie was not her given name, so now that I know, I don't have a problem with it at all. I thought it was a typo that was never fixed, that is why it bugged me.

Last edited by GEF34 on 08/16/16 11:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
GEF34

PostPosted: 08/16/16 11:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Youth Coach wrote:

Honestly, if Simone wasn't there, I think Aly would have walked away with a huge chunk of medals. (Gold Team, Gold All Around, at least a medal on beam, Gold Floor..maybe a medal on a vault.) She was really at her peak this olympics, IMO.

Aly Raisman only competes one vault so she isn't eligible for vault finals.

GEF34

PostPosted: 08/16/16 11:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
tfan wrote:
Shades wrote:
GEF34 wrote:
On another note has anyone noticed that on NBC's stream (not sure about the tv version) the little name graphic when Laurie Hernandez competes says Lauren Hernandez. It bugs me every time I see it, that's not her name.

Lauren is the name she was born with. She probably prefers Laurie because it's more youthful, like she is.

Is it Gabby Douglas? Would you be pissed off to see it written as Gabrielle?
Is it Aly Raisman? Would you be pissed off to see it written as Alexandra? I bet you would.

Seems like you just made his point. They don't write Alexandra or Gabrielle, but they write Lauren.

What? Her point was they should stop using "Lauren" because it's not her name. It is her name. Maybe her nickname isn't as established as the others, but you should never be surprised or bothered if anyone uses a proper name over a nickname.

First off I am a male not a female. And I don't have a problem nor am I bothered if an organization, announcer, media, coach or any other person refers to person by their given name, the problem is I thought her given name was Laurie and Lauren was a typo.

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 08/18/16 7:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Simone Biles' new routine.
Shades

PostPosted: 08/30/16 4:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lauren Hernandez gonna be on Dancing With the Stars.
Gotta figure she's the early favorite to win, but I'm not too crazy about her partner, Val.
Has he ever won it?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
Page 4 of 4

Jump to: