RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Ann Meyers-Drysdale: Torture
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Olympics
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ClayK

PostPosted: 08/08/16 10:47 am    ::: Ann Meyers-Drysdale: Torture Reply Reply with quote

Still the worst color commentator in the sport. It's so hard to listen to her, and I actually have to have the sound on in case, by mistake, she says something about the opponent that's of value.

So bad after so long ... I had mild hopes of improvement, but no such luck.

PostPosted: 08/08/16 11:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You really think she's worse than Antonelli or Murphy? I've been holding on to the idea that it 'could' be worse. Would you rather have Lisa Leslie? I'm not sure. But I agree that they could have done a LOT better.

At least here she's not whining about every call against her Mercury.

- Amanda Gorman
Michelle89

PostPosted: 08/08/16 11:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SHe is pretty horrible Surprised She just goes on and on and on..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
miller40

PostPosted: 08/08/16 11:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Was she on again for US v Spain? I watched the NBC stream rather than on the television; the stream had some man (he wasn't good, but if someone is really bothered that much by AMD it's an alternative).

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/08/16 12:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I was out and so watched the first half on my phone on the NBC app, then the last quarter at home on TV.

MUCH preferred the guy on the internet streaming. Just straightforward play by play. No babble, no banter, no gossip, no UConn hype, no "Reeve used to work for NBA bad boy Laimbeer and has a firey personality", no BS. Just the game.

If they're all like that, I'll be watching future games on line.

Only annoyance was that I never figured out what the technical was for. Anyone want to tell me?

pilight

PostPosted: 08/08/16 12:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Only annoyance was that I never figured out what the technical was for. Anyone want to tell me?

Taurasi tried to trip one of the Spanish players during a dead ball

PostPosted: 08/08/16 12:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Thanks. Why does she diminish herself with bush league crap like that?

BTW, there's no announcers at all in this Canada-Serbia game on line. There has to be an English language feed for this. NBC should make the effort to pick it up.

SRB leads 38-30 as we approach halftime.

Shades

PostPosted: 08/08/16 12:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Thanks. Why does she diminish herself with bush league crap like that?

When hasn't she? Same old Taurasi as far as I'm concerned.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
auntie

PostPosted: 08/08/16 5:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

At least she corrected herself about Stewie being from Secaucus, New York. Very Happy

PostPosted: 08/08/16 6:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

She's really bad, but I think Swin has actually been worse. Just an endless nonsensical stream of cliches and misinformation.

bballgrl

PostPosted: 08/08/16 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I agree AM is bad. She spent too much time running her mouth about things that didn't include what was going on in the game. My son was watching with me and he said "why is she talking so much". It was a bit annoying!

Queenie

PostPosted: 08/08/16 7:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
She's really bad, but I think Swin has actually been worse. Just an endless nonsensical stream of cliches and misinformation.

I feel like sometimes Swin suffers from the same malady as many commentators, small children, and kittens: distracted by shiny objects.

(now with spelling variations)
mmaniac

PostPosted: 08/08/16 9:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I try to listen to Annie from the perspective of a VERY casual WBB fan, she does gives some history and game explanation. For seasoned WBB fans, she's annoying, up there with Bill Walton for me.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/08/16 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mmaniac wrote:
I try to listen to Annie from the perspective of a VERY casual WBB fan, she does gives some history and game explanation. For seasoned WBB fans, she's annoying, up there with Bill Walton for me.

As long as you don't care about the accuracy of her stories about Lin Dunn as an assistant at the 1982 Olympics...

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/09/16 4:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

i thoroughly enjoyed the commentator-less Canada v Serbia game.

I prefer it to the usual shit we have to endure during the WCB season.

PostPosted: 08/10/16 3:48 pm    ::: Re: Ann Meyers-Drysdale: Torture Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
Still the worst color commentator in the sport. It's so hard to listen to her, and I actually have to have the sound on in case, by mistake, she says something about the opponent that's of value.

So bad after so long ... I had mild hopes of improvement, but no such luck.

She is an idiot, and the other guy wasn't that great either. Just do us all a favor Ann and go retire where we don't have to hear you anymore!

PostPosted: 08/11/16 6:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You would think someone could tell her that this is television, and it is not necessary to fill every millisecond with commentary. Especially inane commentary.

PostPosted: 08/11/16 7:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
You would think someone could tell her that this is television, and it is not necessary to fill every millisecond with commentary. Especially inane commentary.

I think there's something to this. Watching Turkey vs Belarus this morning, I greatly enjoyed having only one commentator for play-by-play. I'd like to think most of us are smart enough to understand what's going on without being fed pearls of wisdom like "Diana Taurasi is good" or having some random story from back in the day drawled over what's happening on the court.

Come to think of it, it's what makes the current Dallas Wings broadcast so awful. It takes that lady 3 or 4 possessions to finish a single thought process. Maybe it's why I think Stars, Fever, and Lynx (Horton) broadcasts are generally more listenable than others? Just call the game, aye?

myrtle

PostPosted: 08/11/16 9:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
ClayK wrote:

I think there's something to this. Watching Turkey vs Belarus this morning, I greatly enjoyed having only one commentator for play-by-play. I'd like to think most of us are smart enough to understand what's going on without being fed pearls of wisdom like "Diana Taurasi is good" or having some random story from back in the day drawled over what's happening on the court.

Come to think of it, it's what makes the current Dallas Wings broadcast so awful. It takes that lady 3 or 4 possessions to finish a single thought process. Maybe it's why I think Stars, Fever, and Lynx (Horton) broadcasts are generally more listenable than others? Just call the game, aye?

aye. give us color only on the breaks/timouts/halftime/postgame - that would be awesome.

- Amanda Gorman
bballgrl

PostPosted: 08/12/16 5:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:

She is indeed nerve racking!!! Talks to much about everything except what is happening on the court. All that kind of talk should be done at another time, like during time outs etc. She never shuts up.

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/16/16 5:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

How many times is AMD going to incorrectly report that Sancho is missing the Olympics with a torn ACL? I've heard her say that several times already.

lynxmania

PostPosted: 08/16/16 5:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sigur3 wrote:
How many times is AMD going to incorrectly report that Sancho is missing the Olympics with a torn ACL? I've heard her say that several times already.

pilight

PostPosted: 08/18/16 5:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That's twice she said Sue Gunter coached at the 1980 Olympics when she did no such thing.

PostPosted: 08/18/16 5:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
That's twice she said Sue Gunter coached at the 1980 Olympics when she did no such thing.

She was the coach for the 1980 team, so she was kind of right. Smile

ClayK

PostPosted: 08/18/16 6:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

AMD is so bad it's incredible -- this was her worst game ever.

"France wants to give their best to start the game ..."

Well, no kidding. Most teams like to start off giving their worst.

And then she said the USA had its defensive lineup on the floor with Delle Donne, Augustus and Whalen.

... the mind reels.

And her voice is annoying too.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: