RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

New York Liberty 2016
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 65, 66, 67  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/29/16 8:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New piece about the friendship of Tina Charles and Sue Bird:

http://www.wnba.com/news/queens-rio-shares-journey-friendship-sue-bird-tina-charles/

PostPosted: 07/29/16 9:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

When will the Liberty announce whether or not Prince will return this season. It would be nice to get that out of the way before the Olympics.

PostPosted: 07/29/16 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta wrote:
When will the Liberty announce whether or not Prince will return this season. It would be nice to get that out of the way before the Olympics.

Some fans may be impatient about a decision on Prince, but the next Liberty game isn't until August 26th. Why should the Liberty decide anything before August 25th, especially if it'll mean cutting a player?

PostPosted: 07/29/16 10:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Since she was reportedly cleared for practice before the break and anything we have heard has leaned toward her return, I'm not really too concerned about it.

As far as who stays, I trust the organization's decision-making so not too concerned about that either.

If she does return I am not expecting miracles but just hoping she can play with Sugar at the same time and stretch defenses a little more.

PostPosted: 07/30/16 5:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Str8_Butta wrote:

Some fans may be impatient about a decision on Prince, but the next Liberty game isn't until August 26th. Why should the Liberty decide anything before August 25th, especially if it'll mean cutting a player?

yeah, don't expect anything in regards to a Prince announcement anytime soon.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 07/30/16 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bob Lamm wrote:
Str8_Butta wrote:

Well I want to know for a reason, that is why I asked.

PostPosted: 07/30/16 10:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Str8_Butta wrote:

Trade deadline is August 30. They got a whole month to pound out a trade of a player, if that's the route they are going.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 07/30/16 10:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Str8_Butta wrote:

Trade deadline is August 30. They got a whole month to pound out a trade of a player, if that's the route they are going.

One more reason not to rush a decision. Others: just because Prince is "cleared to practice" now, that doesn't mean she is ready to compete at a WNBA level. And even if she is on July 30th, that doesn't guarantee she'll be healthy on August 26th. Finally, assuming (hoping) that Prince will indeed return, just how good she looks will surely contribute to the team's decision about the roster. For example, if Prince looks like she'll be ready for significant minutes, that could mean keeping Bulgak rather than Schimmel.

PostPosted: 07/31/16 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice piece on Tina Charles:

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/07/31/sports/basketball/tina-charles-new-york-liberty-wnba-protest.html

PostPosted: 08/07/16 3:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

New article by Tina Charles about Black Lives Matter and about the Rio Olympics:

http://www.si.com/olympics/2016/08/07/tina-charles-activism-rio-olympics-team-usa-basketball?xid=si_social

PostPosted: 08/09/16 12:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Liberty have been posting videos of the team(w/o Charles, of course) practicing today on twitter. I've noticed everyone except Adut Bulgak. Is she not with the team right now? Has she been waived to make room for Prince??

root_thing

PostPosted: 08/09/16 1:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
The Liberty have been posting videos of the team(w/o Charles, of course) practicing today on twitter. I've noticed everyone except Adut Bulgak. Is she not with the team right now? Has she been waived to make room for Prince??

The videos are blurry -- at least on my machine -- but I think I see Bulgak in the bottom two. In the Sugar video, she is off to the right at a basket with Allen. In the Allen video, she is near the foul line as Bec goes up for the shot.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 08/09/16 1:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It's August 9th. The next Liberty game is August 26th. I'm willing to bet that no one will be waived until it's absolutely necessary. If Prince is ready to suit up on August 26th, then someone will get waived or traded that morning or the day before.

PostPosted: 08/09/16 9:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

I saw her in a picture or video from their 1st day back.

PostPosted: 08/09/16 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Is trading still an option or has the deadline passed?

PostPosted: 08/09/16 10:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
Is trading still an option or has the deadline passed?

The trade deadline is August 30th

PostPosted: 08/10/16 1:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only news I can confirm out of Liberty camp is that Zahui B is now a redhead. Smile

root_thing

PostPosted: 08/14/16 1:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

In case people missed it, the Liberty posted some pictures of their night out attending a performance of The Lion King. I think they're kinda fun. Very Happy I'd just hate to be the people sitting behind them -- especially Swords. Shocked

J-Spoon

PostPosted: 08/14/16 1:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It is great to see Prince in the photos. (I feel crappy after some comments I made in the trade thread.) I hope she is able to come back full strength. Of course I was like "who is not there, there are only twelve in the photos" and then I realized that is because Charles is in Rio. It will be interesting to see how things play out.

They look like that had a great time at the show. I think the young man in one of the shots is the actor who plays Young Simba, and the guy in the Seattle hat is the actor who plays Timon. It also looks like the got a backstage tour because one of the shots is on the actual stage.

dtsnms

PostPosted: 08/15/16 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Katie Smith talks Liberty and USA Basketball on a new Dishin & Swishin

http://dishnswish.libsyn.com/dishin-swishin-podcast-katie-smith-on-the-olympics-new-york-liberty-and-more

sigur3

PostPosted: 08/15/16 2:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh, Bulgak is still on the team?

(that was a joke)

Shades

PostPosted: 08/18/16 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
toad455

PostPosted: 08/18/16 6:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

eagerly waiting for the season to resume. Happy to say I'll be at that game on Sept. 7(& Sept. 3 vs. Phoenix)!!

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 08/19/16 10:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

As per facebook, Piph is back. Bulgak is waived. Not much of a surprise. LFO did mention players having individual workout programs prior to the break. This suggests if nothing else that Shoni is doing what she has been asked to do.

To me it makes sense. Shoni is the more valuable commodity if she's in shape. Whether it is with NY or via trade. Obviously they couldn't trade Bulgak for anything of value.

PostPosted: 08/19/16 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
As per facebook, Piph is back. Bulgak is waived. Not much of a surprise. LFO did mention players having individual workout programs prior to the break. This suggests if nothing else that Shoni is doing what she has been asked to do.

To me it makes sense. Shoni is the more valuable commodity if she's in shape. Whether it is with NY or via trade. Obviously they couldn't trade Bulgak for anything of value.

I'd have to assume that they explored not only trading Bulgak but also trading Schimmel. And weren't offered much (or anything) for either.

My guess is that Schimmel is viewed as having more value than than Bulgak for a possible offseason multiplayer trade. X + Schimmel for Y or something like that.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 58, 59, 60 ... 65, 66, 67  Next
Page 59 of 67

Jump to: