66%  [ 10 ]
Dream
33%
 33%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 15

pilight

PostPosted: 07/17/16 8:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bria Holmes is showing some promise.

If people think Angel complains too much, I don't know how than can stand watching Candace Parker for more than a second or two. She is without a doubt the biggest crybaby in the league.

PostPosted: 07/17/16 8:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

If people think Angel complains too much, I don't know how than can stand watching Candace Parker for more than a second or two. She is without a doubt the biggest crybaby in the league.

Diggins seems to be cut from the same mold.

I guess what Taurasi does isn't considered "crying".

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 07/17/16 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'm guessing LA isn't allow to win in ATL cause they haven't in a while. Credit to the Dream they simply outplayed LA. They did a good job taking LA's guard/wings players impact away especially Kristi.Only Nneka and Cp showed up.If LA had hit their shots more they could have won. I swear this gm had the most and 1 I think I seen in a gm. Playing Indiana isn't gonna be easy they can play same grind out style way.

Nneka had a couple beautiful buckets. That up and under move and score she had was pretty. One rebound she had she looked she was almost high enough to dunk:shock:LeChina say it best I only seen Glory be able to get rebound like NO. I knew it wasn't LA nite when they kept knocking the out of bounds only for Angel to get foul on the 3 point line with only a sec on the shot clock.

Last edited by Libra_Girl on 07/17/16 9:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/17/16 9:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:

Hayes complains a lot as well.

PostPosted: 07/17/16 10:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

DT is more like 'blustering' The others are more 'whiners'

- Amanda Gorman
Michelle89

PostPosted: 07/18/16 6:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
well...this one is over for LA.. outside of lavender, they dont have a consistent bench.... AT ALL...so, if Jlav is off, LA is cooked.

A bench cant get consistent when they dont get enough minutes ( so far this season) Agler is known to go 7 deep maybe 8 if he is in a good mood

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
patsweetpat

PostPosted: 07/18/16 9:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

I love Candace. Am a huge fan. But she does complain a lot. A looooootttt.

Kailapea

PostPosted: 07/18/16 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

They ALL whine, complain, cry, snivvle, way too much. Candace got popped a few times yesterday and didn't get the calls. She should be used to it by now. If you aren't getting the calls...... Just suck it up buttercup. Let your play do the talking.......

PostPosted: 07/18/16 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LA has been tettering on the edge for a few games now and it has finally caught up to them. They should be greatful for the coming break. They are looking more and more gassed each subsequent game.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/18/16 3:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

It still amazes me how the Sparks have played 22 games, and Ogwumike still isn't facing a consistent double team.

PostPosted: 07/18/16 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

patsweetpat wrote:
myrtle wrote:
Shades wrote:
pilight wrote:

I noticed something too... When CP walked over to cut off Agler so he wouldn't get T'd up.... Notice, none of his assistants moved? Sometimes coaches WANT a tech to make a point, even if it meant getting the boot. I don't know why players feel like they've got to jump in "hold back" the coach. Diggins did this her rookie year with Klop. I thought it was freaking hilarious... I'm like, go back to your huddle girl. Laughing

Libra_Girl

PostPosted: 07/19/16 7:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't mind Cp complaining about a legit bad call or non call for herself or teammates but it does seems she complain too much about called or non called fouls at times.I will say that I haven't seen her complaining all that much this season.The rest of the Sparks don't really complain.

tfan

PostPosted: 07/19/16 8:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
I do not believe Ogwumike is a dirty player, but she certainly is a physical and aggressive player.

The other day the Chicago color commentator brought up Ogwumike's pick on Cheyenne Parker. Apparently he was still unhappy about it because the play-by-play announcer told him he needed to "let it go".

myrtle

PostPosted: 07/19/16 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
I do not believe Ogwumike is a dirty player, but she certainly is a physical and aggressive player.

The other day the Chicago color commentator brought up Ogwumike's pick on Cheyenne Parker. Apparently he was still unhappy about it because the play-by-play announcer told him he needed to "let it go".

If you watch the actual play, I have seen MUCH worse screens. Ch.Parker was running sideways and really could have even seen the screen coming out of the corner of her eye, but certainly should have had a teammate warning her. There was nothing 'dirty' about the screen. She was moving enough it could be called as a foul. That was all.

- Amanda Gorman
justintyme

PostPosted: 07/19/16 10:32 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
tfan wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:

If you watch the actual play, I have seen MUCH worse screens. Ch.Parker was running sideways and really could have even seen the screen coming out of the corner of her eye, but certainly should have had a teammate warning her. There was nothing 'dirty' about the screen. She was moving enough it could be called as a foul. That was all.

Yeah, I love those people that get upset after a screen like that. Unless she is throwing elbows or something equally disturbing, the fault lies with the other player's teammates for not calling out a the screen. It's like me being distracted and running into a brick wall, and then getting mad at the brick wall...

PostPosted: 07/19/16 3:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
It still amazes me how the Sparks have played 22 games, and Ogwumike still isn't facing a consistent double team.

Its very weird because teams can choose between Beard or Carson who they would leave open behind the 3pointline.

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Shades

PostPosted: 07/19/16 3:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Its very weird because teams can choose between Beard or Carson who they would leave open behind the 3pointline.

Ogwumike is too mobile to put on a constant double on her. It makes about as much sense as doubling Maya. The way to defend her is to have one high energy defender deny her the ball. Don't expect any help off of Ogwumike's defender. Kinda like how Maya defended Delle Donne to contain her. I know it's a little easier to deny Delle Donne the ball, but same concept.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 07/19/16 6:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 07/19/16 4:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Ogwumike is too mobile to put on a constant double on her. It makes about as much sense as doubling Maya. The way to defend her is to have one high energy defender deny her the ball. Don't expect any help off of Ogwumoke's defender. Kinda like how Maya defended Delle Donne to contain her. I know it's a little easier to deny Delle Donne the ball, but same concept.

You're right in terms of mobility, but still I haven't seen one team at least try to double team Ogwumike. And like Michelle said, Carson and Beard on the wing isn't putting fear in anyone from outside.

Charles gets doubled, Griner gets doubled, Fowles used to get doubled, Parker gets doubled.

She's having one of the most efficient seasons in the history of this league, just odd to me that there seems to be absolutely no game plan to stop Ogwumike, a legit MVP candidate. Meanwhile, teams keep doubling Parker.

PostPosted: 07/19/16 5:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Shades wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:

Ogwumike is too mobile to put on a constant double on her. It makes about as much sense as doubling Maya. The way to defend her is to have one high energy defender deny her the ball. Don't expect any help off of Ogwumoke's defender. Kinda like how Maya defended Delle Donne to contain her. I know it's a little easier to deny Delle Donne the ball, but same concept.

You're right in terms of mobility, but still I haven't seen one team at least try to double team Ogwumike. And like Michelle said, Carson and Beard on the wing isn't putting fear in anyone from outside.

Charles gets doubled, Griner gets doubled, Fowles used to get doubled, Parker gets doubled.

She's having one of the most efficient seasons in the history of this league, just odd to me that there seems to be absolutely no game plan to stop Ogwumike, a legit MVP candidate. Meanwhile, teams keep doubling Parker.

I think coaches/teams still underestimate her

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: