RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Nancy Must Get Her Facts Straight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 04/17/05 5:45 am    ::: Nancy Must Get Her Facts Straight Reply Reply with quote

It's Tari Phillips; not Tiffani Johnson. I don't appreciate an error like that.

Quote:
Houston Comets

Kudos to coach Van Chancellor, who had a knockout of a draft. He added instant productivity -- and built a strong future for the Comets -- to his older, veteran team. DePaul's Jenni Dant (28th pick) was underrated, but plays an uptempo, pro-style game. She's also a slasher who can hit the 3. University of Houston senior Sancho Lyttle (fifth overall) is not only a hometown hero who will help sell tickets, but will someday (next year?) fill in when Sheryl Swoopes is gone. Lyttle, who's listed as a 6-4 center, is bigger than Swoopes, every bit as athletic and will end up Houston's point of press.

Everybody thought Houston was going to take LSU point guard Temeka Johnson, but Dant can slide over to the 1. She's unbelievably athletic and will be complemented in the backcourt by 3-point threat Roneeka Hodges (15th overall) out of Florida State.

Houston is now a monster of a team in terms of size with Lyttle joining 6-5 Michelle Snow and 6-4 Tiffani Johnson. And don't forget about the talented backcourt with Janeth Arcain, Dominique Canty and Felicia Ragland already on the perimeter. Grade: A-plus. The Comets just shored up every weakness they had.

http://sports.espn.go.com/wnba/columns/story?id=2038894

wadethered

PostPosted: 04/17/05 2:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

"Rutgers' Chelsea Newton (22nd pick) is a big who helps offset the loss of Tangela Smith."

Ummm...not so much!

Smoovie

PostPosted: 04/17/05 2:45 pm    ::: Re: Nancy Must Get Her Facts Straight Reply Reply with quote

MT_Swoopes wrote:
It's Tari Phillips; not Tiffani Johnson. I don't appreciate an error like that.

Quote:
Houston Comets

Kudos to coach Van Chancellor, who had a knockout of a draft. He added instant productivity -- and built a strong future for the Comets -- to his older, veteran team. DePaul's Jenni Dant (28th pick) was underrated, but plays an uptempo, pro-style game. She's also a slasher who can hit the 3. University of Houston senior Sancho Lyttle (fifth overall) is not only a hometown hero who will help sell tickets, but will someday (next year?) fill in when Sheryl Swoopes is gone. Lyttle, who's listed as a 6-4 center, is bigger than Swoopes, every bit as athletic and will end up Houston's point of press.

Everybody thought Houston was going to take LSU point guard Temeka Johnson, but Dant can slide over to the 1. She's unbelievably athletic and will be complemented in the backcourt by 3-point threat Roneeka Hodges (15th overall) out of Florida State.

Houston is now a monster of a team in terms of size with Lyttle joining 6-5 Michelle Snow and 6-4 Tiffani Johnson. And don't forget about the talented backcourt with Janeth Arcain, Dominique Canty and Felicia Ragland already on the perimeter. Grade: A-plus. The Comets just shored up every weakness they had.

http://sports.espn.go.com/wnba/columns/story?id=2038894

Damn, functional crackheads..... Rolling Eyes

(¸.•´ (¸.•´ .•´ ¸¸.•¨¯`•.•´*~Smoov
4ever_bball_fan

PostPosted: 04/18/05 9:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The best thing about getting Sancho in Houston is that it means NO MORE #DOUBLE ZERO!!!!!

I loved meeting Tari Phillips and I think most of the others at the draft party did, too. She is much trimmer than I thought...I always saw her as a big banger inside, but she is very fit and I think she is glad to be in Houston.

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 04/18/05 10:39 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yep, Tari's a LONG girl! Long arms, long legs and when she's skinny...watch out world! The Comets got a GREAT pick in her and we'll miss her very much in NY.

When you talk to her next, please tell her we miss her and that we'll cheer for her!!!

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
The best thing about getting Sancho in Houston is that it means NO MORE #DOUBLE ZERO!!!!!

I loved meeting Tari Phillips and I think most of the others at the draft party did, too. She is much trimmer than I thought...I always saw her as a big banger inside, but she is very fit and I think she is glad to be in Houston.

sambista

PostPosted: 04/18/05 10:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yeah, don't let that lack of mass fool you.

PostPosted: 04/18/05 10:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

K--

I was thinking specifically of you when I got her to autograph my draft party invitation and mentioned how Blaze had not surprised the Lib fans down with her draft picks...she grinned real big. I told her we had promised the NY fans that we would take very good care of her and that we knew her fans there would be missing her. I am looking forward to her influence on young Sancho, too. What great mentors between Tina and Tari...you know, T'nT!

KeiraNY

PostPosted: 04/18/05 11:12 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Oh thanks BBall!!! She knew we were behind her...those of us w/ the "I <heart> Tari" posters and we even went to CT with those! She knew and we told her numerous times...

Maybe they'll let her sing the Nat'l Anthem down in Houston now! She will be heavily missed in NY! She fit in this town and with the team. Too bad Blaze, the Idiot couldn't see that!

Evil or Very Mad Mad

4ever_bball_fan wrote:
K--

I was thinking specifically of you when I got her to autograph my draft party invitation and mentioned how Blaze had not surprised the Lib fans down with her draft picks...she grinned real big. I told her we had promised the NY fans that we would take very good care of her and that we knew her fans there would be missing her. I am looking forward to her influence on young Sancho, too. What great mentors between Tina and Tari...you know, T'nT!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: