RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Liberty @ Dream - 6/22/16
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 06/22/16 1:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Hope Charles is ok. They'll need their bench more on Friday due to this double OT win. Boyd, Zahui B., Shimmel all need to step up on Friday vs. Chicago.

Also, New York officially moves into the #3 seed and top of the East with today's win.

Looked like she was having trouble breathing. Her nose was bothering her.

root_thing

PostPosted: 06/22/16 1:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

These games are leaving me drained. I can't imagine how the players feel.

zune69

PostPosted: 06/22/16 1:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wouldn't be surprised if NY trades Zahui/schimmel for Henry/stricklen or KML/Langhorn.Zahui continues to be a foul machine.At this point in the season I expected both Zahui & Schimmel to be further along in their development,and playing at least 10-15 minutes per game.

Zahui last 5 games

18 minutes(3.6 per gm) 1-7 fg,0-4 3ptfg 2 reb.total,10 fouls

Season: 8-15 2ptfg,1-8 3ptfg

Last edited by zune69 on 06/22/16 2:13 pm; edited 2 times in total
Genero36

PostPosted: 06/22/16 1:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PostPosted: 06/22/16 1:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was this season's 10th game to go into overtime.

PostPosted: 06/22/16 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Wouldn't be surprised if NY trades Zahui/schimmel for Henry/stricklen or KML/Langhorn.Zahui continues to be a foul machine.At this point in the season I expected both Zahui & Schimmel to be further along in their development,and playing at least 10-15 minutes per game.

Zahui last 5 games

18 minutes(3.6 per gm) 1-7 fg,0-4 3ptfg 2 reb.total,10 fouls

Zahui played better in Tulsa.

I doubt either of those deals is doable from a salary cap point of view. In the first one, you're trading two rookie salaries for two veterans who just signed free agent contracts. As to the second deal, KML and AZB are paid the same, but Langhorne probably makes more than double Schimmel's salary. I do think NY needs to address the PG situation if they're serious about making any kind of run this year. The TOs are mounting, and they have no ability to hold leads partly because of the turnovers.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/22/16 2:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Always great to win, no matter what. But the rotation issue continues to be troubling.

50 minute game. Here are the players who played a lot of minutes. The usual six these days: Charles, 42; Wright 38, Stokes, 38i; Rodgers, 34; Zellous, 34; Cash, 33.

Then we have Swords with 13 minutes and Boyd with 10.

And then we have Zahui B with 3 minutes, Schimmel with 3, Bulgak DNP, and Allen DNP.

Something has to change soon. Perhaps Allen will soon play 10-15 minutes and help. But the team can't stay with Zahui AND Schimmel AND Bulgak if they're all going to sit and sit and contribute so little when they're in the game.

I believe that New York should consider giving up on one or more of those three and bring in someone who can provide some reasonable bench minutes.

PostPosted: 06/22/16 2:48 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Not sure why Swords is being limited in her minutes. She played well in the 1st quarter and then that was basically it for her. Wouldn't mind having both Swords & Stokes on the court together.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Randy

PostPosted: 06/22/16 2:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For the Dream is was Lyttle 46, Williams 45, Angel 41, Hayes 40. Liberty starters don't have much to complain about. I suspect that by the 3rd OT our players were done. Cooper is playing our starter - esp. Williams and Lyttle lots of minutes. Pretty clear he has no confidence in our backup posts. Henry wasn't great, but she would have been more useful than Hollivay. We need a backup post who can play.

Bob Lamm

PostPosted: 06/22/16 3:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
Not sure why Swords is being limited in her minutes. She played well in the 1st quarter and then that was basically it for her. Wouldn't mind having both Swords & Stokes on the court together.

Sure looks like Laimbeer doesn't want Swords on the court late in games because of her defensive weaknesses.

PostPosted: 06/22/16 4:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Libs are much more versatile on both ends with Stokes out there. Especially because Stokes can switch onto perimeter players and the perimeter player will be the one with the disadvantage. On offense Stokes' finishing has improved and she's very quick cutting to the hoop vs. double teams. While she still isn't shooting the ball, she's effective at this aspect of offense, and with Charles' passing, it's a significant role.

On trades, I think the cap situation limits us. Though right now my number one concern is Charles. And no Liberty post game sound was provided on facebook, which is unusual. And has me wondering about Charles' well-being. She looked like she was on another planet after getting hit, which leaves one to wonder whether she is in the concussion protocol. I don't even know how that works.

I know she didn't do it on purpose, but if I had to pick a number one WNBA candidate to jump into someone to try to draw a foul and to do it in such a way that the recipient of the blow had to leave the game, either Hayes or Angel would have been my number one choice. Angel generally plays on the fringe of recklessness. It's kind of frustrating.

Thrilled to win. Was hoping for 8-5 after our 2-3 start, so 9-4 looks great. Loved the heart and toughness, certainly did not love the execution. Once some of those passes to cutting players were clicking, it was as if that was the only way they could score so there were forced passes everywhere. Even when Atlanta started taking the paint away there will still many forced passes. That's also where we desperately miss Piph. Just thinking back to last year, Wright's TOs were pretty high through the first 10 games and dropped significantly once she had Piph's ball-handling and passing to help out. Rodgers is not always too efficient, though in defense of her ball-handling I did notice she had fingers on her left hand taped. Maybe that is a contributing factor to her getting her dribble caught on her left hip so often. That said, it's good to find a way to win against an opponent built very similar to us in a lot of ways.

Hope we find out something about Tina today. Or at least by tomorrow.

Last edited by NYL_WNBA_FAN on 06/22/16 4:46 pm; edited 1 time in total
root_thing

PostPosted: 06/22/16 4:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Randy wrote:
For the Dream is was Lyttle 46, Williams 45, Angel 41, Hayes 40. Liberty starters don't have much to complain about. I suspect that by the 3rd OT our players were done. Cooper is playing our starter - esp. Williams and Lyttle lots of minutes. Pretty clear he has no confidence in our backup posts. Henry wasn't great, but she would have been more useful than Hollivay. We need a backup post who can play.

Liberty starters have plenty to complain about. It's just that Dream starters may have more. Razz

Str8_Butta

PostPosted: 06/22/16 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Who got in Hayes face from the Liberty? She made a comment on twitter about someone getting in her face and them being weak as F**k and not even being on the scouting report.

PostPosted: 06/22/16 6:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The only situation I saw with someone getting in someone else's face was when Boyd went at Lyttle after Lyttle gave Tina a bit of a shot after a free throw. I personally liked that Boyd stood up for a teammate.

Don't know if that's what she is talking about but if I was on a team and had just lost a tough double OT game to a rival my team is battling for position in the standings, I wouldn't be saying things with laughing, teary-eyed emojis.

Boyd hurt Atlanta more than once last year, so if Hayes is referring to Boyd, there's lots of career left for her to make the scout and hurt Atlanta in the future. Especially in light of the off-season surgeries Boyd endured that seem to have made her a shell of the influence she was a year ago.

Hayes is a real good player who's worked at making herself better. But between the flopping, the excessive bursts of emotion after fouls and now this, I have to wonder how much of it for Hayes is about the team and how much of it is about herself.

PostPosted: 06/22/16 7:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yea I remember that, and I too liked that Boyd had Tina's back. I hated that smirk on Sancho's face.

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: