RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Fresh Start for Mystics

View previous topic :: View next topic  
CourtsideTix

PostPosted: 04/17/05 8:18 am    ::: Fresh Start for Mystics Reply Reply with quote

I've been thinking quite a bit over this weekend about all the pre-season developments regarding the Mystics, particularly of course the surprise but NOT suprising departure of Michael Adams for the boys. I never liked him, never thought he should have been hired. Good riddance to him. I realized this weekend that my feelings about him were getting in the way of my being excited about the upcoming season. With MA gone, with a real GM (she may not be the best, but at least someone has the job and is paying attention), and with so many new players, it's almost as tho the franchise is starting over. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Meek. But she needed a new start elsewhere. I will miss her.
Perhaps for the first time ever, this season I'll get to watch basketball, not a soap opera. And THAT I'm looking forward to!

Slovydal

PostPosted: 04/17/05 8:44 am    ::: Re: Fresh Start for Mystics Reply Reply with quote

Enjoy your season, Courtside!
I think the Mystics will do a lot better than expected this year.

sambista

PostPosted: 04/17/05 8:59 am    ::: Re: Fresh Start for Mystics Reply Reply with quote

Slovydal wrote:

omigod - i thought i'd be alone in that opinion. i'm looking forward to seeing washington in the garden, at least twice, i think.

PostPosted: 04/17/05 9:28 am    ::: Re: Fresh Start for Mystics Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
Slovydal wrote:

omigod - i thought i'd be alone in that opinion. i'm looking forward to seeing washington in the garden, at least twice, i think.

I'm with you. I got excited when MA resigned, and ecstatic after the draft party. Murriel, Alana, and Kaala were definitely upbeat, and the assistant coaches and Hargrove were very impressive with their determination. Their explanations for the picks, trades, and signings hinted at a master plan, which means they are thinking and just reacting.

Paraphrasing Alana, it doesn't matter who the coach is, because the team is together. I'm looking forward to a great season.

PostPosted: 04/17/05 9:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I've always been a Mystics fan, and their stock went up with me even more last year when they got A. Beard. Last year they did a lil better, but I hope this year they can really fly. I'm excited about Beard and Tillis being together again. (when's the last time that happened, college stars reunited in the pros) If they don't get a lemon for a coach, they might be able to do something.

He's the greatest of the greater
get it straight - he's great
- Run-DMC
Mysticwiz

PostPosted: 04/17/05 9:52 am    ::: Re: Fresh Start for Mystics Reply Reply with quote

CourtsideTix wrote:
I've been thinking quite a bit over this weekend about all the pre-season developments regarding the Mystics, particularly of course the surprise but NOT suprising departure of Michael Adams for the boys. I never liked him, never thought he should have been hired. Good riddance to him. I realized this weekend that my feelings about him were getting in the way of my being excited about the upcoming season. With MA gone, with a real GM (she may not be the best, but at least someone has the job and is paying attention), and with so many new players, it's almost as tho the franchise is starting over. Don't get me wrong. I LOVE Meek. But she needed a new start elsewhere. I will miss her.
Perhaps for the first time ever, this season I'll get to watch basketball, not a soap opera. And THAT I'm looking forward to!

yes this does look like we are trying to start anew.And while i don't agree with some of the moves (clearly Smile ) , at least we know who is making them.i'm no fan of MA, but i wish him well.And i thank him, because he open some eyes that you should beware when you hire an Ex NBAer.Will the Mystics do better than we expect.i don't know about that.imo we are in the race for the 3 or 4 spot,if everything goes reasonably well.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: