RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Seattle Got A Bunch of Steals

View previous topic :: View next topic  
MT_Swoopes

PostPosted: 04/16/05 1:20 pm    ::: Seattle Got A Bunch of Steals Reply Reply with quote

Blackmon was sitting there by herself. That is embarrasing.

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/16/05 1:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nice backup to LJ.
Futurama

PostPosted: 04/16/05 1:24 pm    ::: Re: Seattle Got A Bunch of Steals Reply Reply with quote

MT_Swoopes wrote:

at least she wasn't crying like Rashard Lewis in 1998 (who also was picked by Seattle)

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/16/05 1:26 pm    ::: Re: Seattle Got A Bunch of Steals Reply Reply with quote

MT_Swoopes wrote:

More embarassing was the Libs selection of Loree Moore... dead silence after the pick for about 15 seconds. Orender then spoke up and said the audience could applaud, which they then did.

Sidebar: Is it that hard on the WNBA Offices to invite MORE than 15 people there? 2nd round picks should be able to shake Orender's hand and get interviewed by Kara Lawson too... Confused

sambista

PostPosted: 04/16/05 1:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

at least she wasn't stewing like tasha pointer, which pretty much torpedoed her right then and there.

PostPosted: 04/16/05 1:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

sebibb wrote:
at least she wasn't stewing like tasha pointer, which pretty much torpedoed her right then and there.

The worst reaction I saw was Lindsay Yamasaki in 2002. Invited to the show because they thought she'd be a low 1st rounder ~16 and she slipped to the low 2nd round ~38 I think. After her name was called, she raised both her hands as if to say 'Finally!'

inky

PostPosted: 04/16/05 1:36 pm    ::: Re: Seattle Got A Bunch of Steals Reply Reply with quote

Futurama wrote:

at least she wasn't crying like Rashard Lewis in 1998 (who also was picked by Seattle)

Lewis was barely 18 at the time. Things have worked out OK for him in the meantime, right?

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/16/05 1:38 pm    ::: Re: Seattle Got A Bunch of Steals Reply Reply with quote

inky wrote:
Futurama wrote:

Lewis was barely 18 at the time. Things have worked out OK for him in the meantime, right?

Yeah, well Seattle is famous for making people depressed.... They wrote songs about it all throughout the 90's

inky

PostPosted: 04/16/05 2:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I believe it was the combination of upper GI-tract pain issues and the self-medicating he pursued for relief of this pain that made Kurt Cobain depressed. Maybe being married to Courtney Love played a part, too...

Lewis stopped crying once he was selected and knew he was going to Seattle. Lauren Jackson and Sue Bird seem pretty happy in Seattle. Tully Bevilacqua's back in town, and even she seemed pretty happy to be here last night. It can't just be the coffee, now, can it?

You're just mad because somebody from StormFans got to play Horse with Jackson this week. Laughing

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/16/05 2:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

inky wrote:
I believe it was the combination of upper GI-tract pain issues and the self-medicating he pursued for relief of this pain that made Kurt Cobain depressed. Maybe being married to Courtney Love played a part, too...

Lewis stopped crying once he was selected and knew he was going to Seattle. Lauren Jackson and Sue Bird seem pretty happy in Seattle. Tully Bevilacqua's back in town, and even she seemed pretty happy to be here last night. It can't just be the coffee, now, can it?

You're just mad because somebody from StormFans got to play Horse with Jackson this week. Laughing

Well Cobain was using Heroin as his 'medication' (Shocked), and I'm more than sure being Courtney didn't help, lol...

Not too broken up about it.... That guy paid over $3300 to play HORSE with LJ. I got to play with her AND Semeka Randall for just $1025 Wink Buy low, right? I knew she was going to be a star on and off the court... And I got to see Lauren with red hair too lol.

inky

PostPosted: 04/16/05 2:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Many surgeons will tell you that heroin is a fine drug, and that they're sorry they can't use it with their patients. Most legal narcotics used for pain management are analogs of heroin, but not as effective.

Of course, it could have been the chronic pain of Courtney, not his gut.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/16/05 2:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

inky wrote:
Many surgeons will tell you that heroin is a fine drug, and that they're sorry they can't use it with their patients. Most legal narcotics used for pain management are analogs of heroin, but not as effective.

Of course, it could have been the chronic pain of Courtney, not his gut.

Well then he should have been injecting the heroin into his ASS, not his stomach, lol
Confused But hey, they made great music and I'm still a fan of Hole/Courtney.

BTW, Heroin is a pain killer, not medicine to cure an ailment Shocked Even Cobain admitted that he didn't know what he was thinking when he tried to use it to cure his pain.. Half of my relatives are medical doctors...

threefrom60

PostPosted: 04/16/05 4:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's sort of sweet that Rashard was crying. He was from Houston, and the Rockets had promised to use one of their 1st round picks on him that year (they had two) and then they went back on their word. If they hadn't promise him, there's talk he would have not been in the draft at all, and played a year in college. Living in Seattle, though, I'm glad he did. He's a very fun player to watch, and a really nice guy.

As for the draft, I could only be happier if the Storm could have gotten Haynie with their first pick. Realistically, I know this team needed a perimeter defender, with Lennox, Bird, and Bibby all being more effective on the offensive end of the floor. It was just for ridiculous superficial reasons that I wanted Haynie. I'm at least glad she's on a team that I get to see play many, many times. Last year the Storm and the Monarchs hooked up 8 times, including pre and post season. Wright was exactly the pick I wanted for them. And as for Battle and Blackmon, oh man, that worked out perfect! I'm a big Uconn fan, and was really hoping AB would still be on the board, and that they'd take her. She can play everything from the 1 to the 3, and is plenty happy coming off the bench. She's from a winning team, and knows how to play with Sue Bird. Someone on the Boneyard said that Birdy was text messaging Coach Donovan throughout the draft, and giving her Battle's phone number. I think that's adorable. And Blackmon, I'm not sure how much of a chance she has at making the team, with all the forwards we have in camp and the starting 4 spot locked up, but she's the other player I thought needed to be in this training camp. How this draft worked out exactly as I want it to I'll never know... now it's just a matter of getting AD to get over her fear of rookies and sign a couple of these picks!

If Adia makes the team over Battle, or if Greco makes the team over Wright, I'm gonna have a serious problem with Coach.

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/17/05 1:01 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

threefrom60 wrote:
If Adia makes the team over Battle, or if Greco makes the team over Wright, I'm gonna have a serious problem with Coach.

From what I gathered from the Seattle Times article, the Storm have a lot of cap room now. I suppose they could keep both Battle and Adia. Adia especially, since she is the PR front player.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: