RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

'FIFA 16' Proves The WNBA Needs In The Game

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pilight

PostPosted: 12/30/15 9:12 am    ::: 'FIFA 16' Proves The WNBA Needs In The Game Reply Reply with quote

http://www.forbes.com/sites/archenemy/2015/12/29/fifa-16-proves-the-wnba-needs-in-the-game/

Quote:
Women have been in sports games for a while. They’ve been in WWE games for years. Tiger Woods PGA Tour 14 introduced the LPGA for the first time. EA Sports UFC introduced Ronda Rousey and the women’s titles in 2014. Before the ‘indefinite delay’ of a follow up, Grand Slam Tennis and Grand Slam Tennis 2 featured female athletes. Every Olympic game features female athletes. In short, all of the major sports to feature a women’s division have seen themselves compete in video game form at this point.

All except one. The WNBA.

PostPosted: 12/30/15 11:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and yet the WNBA is the largest, most successful women's professional league in the world. They really should add the league to NBA2K17.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
WNBA 09

PostPosted: 12/30/15 6:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
and yet the WNBA is the largest, most successful women's professional league in the world. They really should add the league to NBA2K17.

Their were rumors of the 2K adding the W to 2K16 , but it didnt happen. Closest glimpse we got of a female on 2K Was Doris Burke On This years Game. She looks very realistic also so it shouldnt be too farfetched too see this in the future.

PostPosted: 12/30/15 7:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:

If only the W had the backing of some larger, more powerful sports league to help leverage them into this market...

PostPosted: 12/31/15 12:42 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know how many WNBA fans are gamers or vice-versa, but I am definitely in both groups. I'm more of an RPG junkie, but I will definitely play sports games as well.

I guess I need to pick up a copy of FIFA16 very soon.

PostPosted: 12/31/15 6:50 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NBA Live 09 Wii version had a couple of wnba players option.

Richard 77

PostPosted: 12/31/15 10:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Libra_Girl wrote:
NBA Live 09 Wii version had a couple of wnba players option.

Yes, and they were all based on one figure. It was a very weak output. I hated playing it because the players were all the same.

If you cannot inspire yourself to read a book about women's basketball, or any book about women's sports, you cannot inspire any young girl or boy to write a book about them. http://www.lulu.com/spotlight/Richardstrek
caune

PostPosted: 01/01/16 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

If only the W had the backing of some larger, more powerful sports league to help leverage them into this market...

Hmmm, maybe the new President will help in this respect?
A girl can dream.....

PostPosted: 02/08/16 8:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

caune wrote:
pilight wrote:
toad455 wrote:

Hmmm, maybe the new President will help in this respect?
A girl can dream.....

So can a guy!! 🙌

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: