RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Jackson vs. Leslie (In Their Prime, Who Do You Take?)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  

Your Pick
Lauren Jackson
59%
 59%  [ 40 ]
Lisa Leslie
32%
 32%  [ 22 ]
Tie
7%
 7%  [ 5 ]
Total Votes : 67

Genero36

PostPosted: 01/12/16 9:56 am    ::: Jackson vs. Leslie (In Their Prime, Who Do You Take?) Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/jwY-V5jqcQM" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jwY-V5jqcQM

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/bDFPZMGl0hc" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bDFPZMGl0hc

PostPosted: 01/12/16 11:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tougher than Bird vs. Staley ...

Jackson was more versatile, but the key component here is "in her prime." Leslie's prime was much longer, but didn't reach quite as high as LJ in those few years when she was fully healthy.

Knowing their careers, you'd probably draft Leslie because of longevity, but if you could pick just one or two years, it would probably be Jackson.

PostPosted: 01/12/16 11:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

in their prime Jackson had the [very] slight edge due to her range. But as it has been mentioned already, Leslie had the longevity. Likely the two best post players the WNBA ever saw.

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
pilight

PostPosted: 01/12/16 12:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jackson was better offensively. Leslie was better defensively. Jackson had the advantage of playing her whole WNBA career with a HOF caliber point guard. Leslie was the only HOFer on either of her two WNBA title teams. I'd rate it a slight edge to LLL.

PostPosted: 01/12/16 2:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jackson to me when she was healthy was just amazing to watch. I honestly have not seen many better. I think Elena will be the closest successor to her and will go down as one of the best if she can stay healthy.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/12/16 3:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LJ when healthy was the best player i ever saw

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Richyyy

PostPosted: 01/12/16 3:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For a couple of years, 2006-07, Jackson was completely freaking ridiculous. Basically a 50/40/90 player while being a high-volume scorer and one of the better post defenders in the world. So on pure 'prime' I give the edge to Jackson. Leslie is a true great too, lasted longer, and won more internationally thanks to being an American, but I don't think her apex was ever quite as high.

PostPosted: 01/12/16 9:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah, if it's just one in their prime it has to be LJ, but really to me LJ is more of a 4 while Leslie is definitely a 5. Makes it harder to compare.

- Amanda Gorman
Elmo

PostPosted: 01/12/16 9:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

For what purpose?

To tell me a dirty joke - LJ
To back me up in a barroom brawl - LLL
To bail me out of jail at 2 am - LJ
To help me shop for a fantastic outfit - LLL

I think they were both groundbreakingly phenomenal, and I feel lucky to have seen them both set the bar for quality play.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/13/16 5:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

myrtle wrote:
Yeah, if it's just one in their prime it has to be LJ, but really to me LJ is more of a 4 while Leslie is definitely a 5. Makes it harder to compare.

You are right. LJ true position is PF/4. I think people like to compare these 2 because of the great battles they have had against each other..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
braveniler58

PostPosted: 01/14/16 3:28 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LLL was a really good player, but I never felt like she was a superstar, not the way Lauren Jackson was. In their prime, I'd take LJ over LLL every time.

PostPosted: 01/14/16 10:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Lisa Only Because She Affected Both Sides Of The Ball. Now If This Question Read "Which Player Would Be Your 1st Option " #LJAlllllTheWay

PostPosted: 01/14/16 10:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If I was putting a team on the court in a playoff game where Jackson would be on one side and Leslie on the other, I would take Leslie. She seemed to get the better of their head to head matchups.

icey23

PostPosted: 01/15/16 7:38 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lord this has to be a joke Lisa Leslie by a land slide

PostPosted: 01/15/16 9:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

icey23 wrote:
Lord this has to be a joke Lisa Leslie by a land slide

How is it a joke? Because you're a Leslie fan? Confused

PostPosted: 01/16/16 2:53 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Without a doubt Lauren Jackson. It will be quite some time before we see anything else like her in the post. What an anchor to build a team around.

GEF34

PostPosted: 01/16/16 7:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If it's a one on one game, I think I'd probably lean more toward Lauren Jackson because she is a more versatile scorer, but if it is who would I prefer starting a team with, I'd pick Lisa Leslie because I think she was a better post defender. Of course you can't go wrong with either player, both had incredible careers and have shown to be great center pieces to championship teams.

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 01/18/16 2:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lisa. Hands down. Cool

SDHoops

PostPosted: 01/18/16 3:57 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Leslie schooled Jackson in her (Leslie's) prime from 2001-2003. Jackson even won MVP in 2003 but Leslie led her team to the finals. Leslie always scared me in those years, I prayed she would miss and I almost disliked her because they won so much. I think some people are just being haters, sort of how people will be to DT when its all said and done. It's in the pudding baby!

WNBA 09

PostPosted: 02/08/16 8:57 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SDHoops wrote:
Leslie schooled Jackson in her (Leslie's) prime from 2001-2003. Jackson even won MVP in 2003 but Leslie led her team to the finals. Leslie always scared me in those years, I prayed she would miss and I almost disliked her because they won so much. I think some people are just being haters, sort of how people will be to DT when its all said and done. It's in the pudding baby!

I 2nd this lol especially scared and hating her (Almost) because they won so much 😂

PostPosted: 02/09/16 10:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Elmo wrote:
For what purpose?

I think they were both groundbreakingly phenomenal, and I feel lucky to have seen them both set the bar for quality play.

But in a staredown confrontation? Lauren Jackson! Cool

PostPosted: 02/09/16 12:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

StevenHW wrote:
Elmo wrote:
For what purpose?

But in a staredown confrontation? Lauren Jackson! Cool

Dont forget about the hairpulling contest Laughing

Spark4Life

PostPosted: 02/09/16 2:46 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Keep it real. Lx3 dominated LoJack on every stage. Including that stare down. LJ was great but it wasn't even close. LOL @ the comment made that Lisa wasn't a superstar. Rolling Eyes

Michelle89

PostPosted: 02/09/16 4:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Spark4Life wrote:
Keep it real. Lx3 dominated LoJack on every stage. Including that stare down. LJ was great but it wasn't even close. LOL @ the comment made that Lisa wasn't a superstar. Rolling Eyes

Hmm she might have been better in the beginning when LJ was 19-20. But LJ took over when she was older.

NYL_WNBA_FAN

PostPosted: 02/13/16 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think it's pretty even, spoken from a person who felt equally intimidated by what each player could do to hurt my team. And like Myrtle said a little hard to compare because their games were different. But when you're talking about two outstanding bigs I think you're really splitting hairs. Leslie also had the disadvantage of the WNBA starting up when she was 25, plus she really didn't have the teammates needed to compete for a title till she was 29. So her prime probably seemed shorter for that reason. But at their best I would say both players were equally dominant though I'd admit that LJ scared me a little more from a scoring standpoint. On the flip side LLL was a more dominant shot blocker than LJ.

LJ also might have had a few more singularly dominant scoring seasons but LLL was still a good WNBA player at age 37.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: