RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

ESPN Dissing Tan!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sparkfan33

PostPosted: 04/16/05 3:39 pm    ::: ESPN Dissing Tan! Reply Reply with quote

I have ESPN2 on and they are chatting up the Janel pick and the Irvin pick.

No mention of Tan, But I bet Tan wins the WNBA ROY. She is that good.

Slovydal

PostPosted: 04/16/05 3:42 pm    ::: Re: ESPN Dissing Tan! Reply Reply with quote

sparkfan33 wrote:

I hope you're right!

Good luck in L.A. by the way. The Sparks could be unstoppable if everything goes well for them (and if they truly have a bench this season)

Admiral_Needa

PostPosted: 04/16/05 3:49 pm    ::: Re: ESPN Dissing Tan! Reply Reply with quote

sparkfan33 wrote:

I still think that IND should have taken Irvin or another Center... Yes, they need a SG, but they could have waited until next year to get either Cappie or Monique or Augustus (and move Tamika to the 2).

I think a big reason why White was selected is because Winters wants to make the playoffs THIS year. Winters even said something similar in an indystar aricle. Reason being, is if IND goes into the lottery again, he'll be fired.

Of course, Tan's really good, but from a GM's standpoint, I would have chose to go through another building year. Natalie Williams is getting there in age, and on paper they just don't matchup with Detroit or CHA, let alone the west coast...

Slovydal

PostPosted: 04/16/05 4:44 pm    ::: Re: ESPN Dissing Tan! Reply Reply with quote

When a franchise's attendance gets worse every year they can't afford a "rebuilding year"
Every season with the Fever could be the last. They HAVE to make the playoffs!

pilight

PostPosted: 04/16/05 4:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Fever are apparently making serious efforts to improve attendance this year:

http://www.thejournalnet.com/Main.asp?SectionID=96&SubSectionID=287&ArticleID=50418

PostPosted: 04/16/05 6:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
The Fever are apparently making serious efforts to improve attendance this year:

http://www.thejournalnet.com/Main.asp?SectionID=96&SubSectionID=287&ArticleID=50418

That free parking deal is nice. It's a covered lot with an air conditioned walkway into Conseco Fieldhouse. It's normally $8.
You can leave the car there for a while too. I used to get there at 10 am when I'd fly in for a game and hang out downtown. I wouldn't pick the car up till the wee hours the next morning.

Ballwinner

PostPosted: 04/16/05 10:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I usually park in the $3 lot which is just down the street from the Virginia Street Garage. My friend at Mizzou lived across from the Virginia Avenue Garage, which is lovingly referred to the VAG.

PostPosted: 04/16/05 10:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Ballwinner wrote:
I usually park in the $3 lot which is just down the street from the Virginia Street Garage. My friend at Mizzou lived across from the Virginia Avenue Garage, which is lovingly referred to the VAG.

...and there's always the meters on Pennsylvania that are free after 6:00pm - If your lucky enough to get one. I parked there for both days of Final Four

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: