RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Official Skylar Diggins 2016 off season thread!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jlight

PostPosted: 01/13/16 7:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
zune69 wrote:
If she stays healthy,Diggins will have a legit shot at winning the mvp in 2016.

Rolling Eyes no way will she beat out EDD or Maya

Smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w113QblC3uQ

and you didn't even include Parker. who will probably win because that is what Candace does. just win MVPs baby.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/13/16 7:44 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
zune69 wrote:

and you didn't even include Parker. who will probably win because that is what Candace does. just win MVPs baby.

Depends on how much Parker plays. If she takes most of the season off again, she'll be out of the running again.

PostPosted: 01/13/16 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
jlight wrote:
UofDel_Alum wrote:
zune69 wrote:

Depends on how much Parker plays. If she takes most of the season off again, she'll be out of the running again.

come on now. she is resting this yr, so she is definitely going to win. that is my pick this yr. i will be Shocked if she doesn't win.

zune69

PostPosted: 01/13/16 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

UofDel_Alum wrote:
zune69 wrote:

You don't have to be the best player to win the mvp,just the best player on the best team.Dallas will have a plethora of talent and will be a legit contender.Diggins was a top 3 mvp candidate on a 8-1 1st place team prior to her season ending injury.

SpaceJunkie

PostPosted: 01/13/16 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:

You don't have to be the best player to win the mvp,just the best player on the best team.Dallas will have a plethora of talent and will be a legit contender.Diggins was a top 3 mvp candidate on a 8-1 1st place team prior to her season ending injury.

The last time the best player on the best team won MVP was Lauren Jackson in 2010.

zune69

PostPosted: 01/13/16 10:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SpaceJunkie wrote:
zune69 wrote:

The last time the best player on the best team won MVP was Lauren Jackson in 2010.

But they were still in contention for the mvp.

2015:Maya-2nd
2014:Taurasi-2nd
2013:Maya-2nd

I'm not saying Diggins will win the award,just predicting that she will be a legit candidate.

hyperetic

PostPosted: 01/13/16 10:13 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
ClayK wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
how dare diggins vocalize her aspirations...Confused i swear wnba fans take shit too far. Laughing

X_____________

How dare WNBA fans vocalize their own opinions on a women's basketball message board forum... Rolling Eyes

Not to be facetious here or anything but wasn't ClayK and ChicagoAnnie just vocalizing their opinion about your opinion of Diggins' aspirations on a women's basketball message board forum? I mean yeah, you have the right to your opinion as do they, right?

Precisely. How is it taking "shit too far" to express an opinion on what a player said on a forum where the very purpose is to talk about women's basketball and give opinions? lol. This place is funny sometimes.

In this context, and they can correct me if I am wrong, I think that they may be taking issue with the fact that you appear to be trying to put a measure on something is not really measurable. How do you measure aspirations? If you don't mind me asking, how did you come to your original conclusions about how much better Diggins could be if she put out the effort?
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 01/14/16 2:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
hyperetic wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
ClayK wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:
how dare diggins vocalize her aspirations...Confused i swear wnba fans take shit too far. Laughing

X_____________

How dare WNBA fans vocalize their own opinions on a women's basketball message board forum... Rolling Eyes

Not to be facetious here or anything but wasn't ClayK and ChicagoAnnie just vocalizing their opinion about your opinion of Diggins' aspirations on a women's basketball message board forum? I mean yeah, you have the right to your opinion as do they, right?

Precisely. How is it taking "shit too far" to express an opinion on what a player said on a forum where the very purpose is to talk about women's basketball and give opinions? lol. This place is funny sometimes.

In this context, and they can correct me if I am wrong, I think that they may be taking issue with the fact that you appear to be trying to put a measure on something is not really measurable. How do you measure aspirations? If you don't mind me asking, how did you come to your original conclusions about how much better Diggins could be if she put out the effort?

This is a silly conversation. Who is the "best" is always going to be an opinion. Just like aspirations, you can't measure it. I don't think she was even close to the best in the world before, so I found it kind of funny for her to say that's what she's going to be when she comes back from her injury. But that's my opinion obviously; something we all do on this forum, give our opinion. You don't have to agree, but I think that's FAR from taking it "Too far".

PostPosted: 01/14/16 2:14 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
SpaceJunkie wrote:
zune69 wrote:

But they were still in contention for the mvp.

2015:Maya-2nd
2014:Taurasi-2nd
2013:Maya-2nd

I'm not saying Diggins will win the award,just predicting that she will be a legit candidate.

For those who don't recall the type of basketball Skylar was playing at the time she got injured, this is pilight's weekly MVP poll from that time

PostPosted: 01/14/16 2:29 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was one of those funky pilight polls that wouldn't even allow the reigning MVP to be a candidate.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/14/16 2:36 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:
That was one of those funky pilight polls that wouldn't even allow the reigning MVP to be a candidate.

Moore didn't have a great start to last season.
FWIW here's a link to that above poll and its discussion

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=84829

toad455 wrote:
This is still EDD's award to lose right now, assuming the Sky make the play-offs and stay above .500.

It's basically:

1. Delle Donne
2. Diggins
3. Meesseman
4. Bentley
5. Whalen
6. McCoughtry
7. Bonner
8. Moore
9. Charles
10. Pierson

PostPosted: 01/14/16 3:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Shades wrote:

Moore didn't have a great start to last season.
FWIW here's a link to that above poll and its discussion

http://boards.rebkell.net/viewtopic.php?t=84829

toad455 wrote:
This is still EDD's award to lose right now, assuming the Sky make the play-offs and stay above .500.

It's basically:

1. Delle Donne
2. Diggins
3. Meesseman
4. Bentley
5. Whalen
6. McCoughtry
7. Bonner
8. Moore
9. Charles
10. Pierson

Laughing

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/14/16 4:20 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are there any players in the WNBA that had an ACL tear(in the previous season) and returned to the same (or better) level they played before they got injured Question

ACL injuries are not easy to come back from. So returning and playing at an MVP level is maybe a bit too much to ask

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/14/16 7:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They're hard to come back from in the short term, so I certainly wouldn't expect to see Skylar back in the top handful of players this season.
Players do return to some pretty good basketball though. Tamika Catchings, Candace Parker & Sheryl Swoopes turned out ok.
Swoopes tore hers in 2001 (pre-season) and won WNBA MVP in 2002 so it's possible.

PostPosted: 01/14/16 10:18 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
mavcarter wrote:
Sims may be more of a complete player

Or maybe not.

That's why I put "may".

PostPosted: 01/22/16 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skylar turning up. Very Happy
http://espn.go.com/espnw/athletes-life/the-buzz/article/14603883/bet-dance-skylar-diggins-campers
root_thing

PostPosted: 01/23/16 12:35 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

More gravitas from Skylar? Razz

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 02/08/16 1:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Tweet from Magic Johnson -

"@MagicJohnson: Amazing business meeting with @SkyDigg4. Now I can see why she's a great PG, because she's a very intelligent woman! http://pic.twitter.com/2HFbbHiifc"

LosLynxAngeles

PostPosted: 02/08/16 4:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
Tweet from Magic Johnson -

"@MagicJohnson: Amazing business meeting with @SkyDigg4. Now I can see why she's a great PG, because she's a very intelligent woman! http://pic.twitter.com/2HFbbHiifc"

hmmm CP3 for Diggins/Baugh trade? Wink

hyperetic

PostPosted: 02/08/16 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

LosLynxAngeles wrote:

hmmm CP3 for Diggins/Baugh trade? Wink

I figured trade rumours, offers, etc. would pop up in this thread after that pic. Laughing Laughing Laughing

If it were me making the decisions in Big D, "HAIL NAW"!!!
Razz
zune69

PostPosted: 02/08/16 7:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Laughing Why is Magic Johnson having business meetings with S.Diggins ? Isn't he the owner of the sparks. Laughing

pilight

PostPosted: 02/08/16 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
Laughing Why is Magic Johnson having business meetings with S.Diggins ? Isn't he the owner of the sparks. Laughing

The Sparks would never tamper...

PostPosted: 02/08/16 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Remember how Wiggins was having meetings with Lisa Leslie when she was with the Lynx, and then later she mysteriously ends up with the Sparks? Of course, she's a Cali girl tho.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 02/11/16 8:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
zune69 wrote:

The Sparks would never tamper...

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 02/11/16 8:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Seems wasteful for the Wings to pay for new Adidas unis to wear for 1 season...???

Diggins, EDD, Dee, and Chiney have been modeling some of the new basketball gear already, might as well let Dallas start a season early?
Razz

https://www.instagram.com/nikebasketball/

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 3 of 6

Jump to: