RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Official Skylar Diggins 2016 off season thread!!!
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skyfan22

PostPosted: 01/11/16 10:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I look to how the team did to determine who is better. With Diggins (without Sims) the Shock beat MN at MN. With Sims (without Diggins) the Shock accomplished about nothing. In fact, the last season's performance is pretty much a closed case.

pilight

PostPosted: 01/11/16 10:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Skyfan22 wrote:
I look to how the team did to determine who is better. With Diggins (without Sims) the Shock beat MN at MN. With Sims (without Diggins) the Shock accomplished about nothing. In fact, the last season's performance is pretty much a closed case.

If she comes back from this knee injury playing like she did at the start of last season she'll be an MVP candidate.

PostPosted: 01/11/16 11:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

pilight wrote:
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2016/01/11/new-dallas-wnba-star-skylar-diggins-plans-best-world-following-acl-injury

Quote:
"When I come back from this ACL to be the best in the world, that's the plan," she said.

LOL. OK. She ain't even the best guard on her own team. Sims is a much better talent IMHO. But if that's her plan, more power to her. But she should know, she's not the only player who is working her ass off to try and be the best, and there MAY actually be players that are working harder than she is. I hope this doesn't come as a shocker to anyone Shocked

PostPosted: 01/11/16 11:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Talent only gets you so far.

After seeing how much Skylar improved in the short space of time between her WNBA debut and her injury, I personally won't be laughing too hard at her ambitions.

PostPosted: 01/12/16 2:34 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
pilight wrote:
http://sportsday.dallasnews.com/other-sports/wnba/2016/01/11/new-dallas-wnba-star-skylar-diggins-plans-best-world-following-acl-injury

Quote:
"When I come back from this ACL to be the best in the world, that's the plan," she said.

LOL. OK. She ain't even the best guard on her own team. Sims is a much better talent IMHO. But if that's her plan, more power to her. But she should know, she's not the only player who is working her ass off to try and be the best, and there MAY actually be players that are working harder than she is. I hope this doesn't come as a shocker to anyone Shocked

are you saying she can't be the best player in the world. i think she can be and her hard work will get her. 2014 and start of 2015 she was lights out and yes she is the best player on her team.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/12/16 5:55 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jlight wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

are you saying she can't be the best player in the world. i think she can be and her hard work will get her. 2014 and start of 2015 she was lights out and yes she is the best player on her team.

She can be one of the best in the world. But if Maya and EDD keep playing like they have and keep improving then she wont be the best..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
hyperetic

PostPosted: 01/12/16 10:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
jlight wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

She can be one of the best in the world. But if Maya and EDD keep playing like they have and keep improving then she wont be the best..

Its about goals. She is basically saying she is going to give it her all to TRY to be the best. I personally think she is in it for the long haul as long as she stays healthy. No she may not be recognized as the best next season or the season after that but if she continues to improve as she has done already, eventually she actually could be considered the best in the league at some point. Kind of like how LBJ has held that title for awhile in the NBA but now there are rumblings its actually Steph Curry now.
#Occasionalwnbafan

PostPosted: 01/12/16 12:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Diggins proved in year number 2 for her that she's one of the best players in the world, and also one of the hardest players to officiate.
Shades

PostPosted: 01/12/16 12:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

#Occasionalwnbafan wrote:
Diggins proved in year number 2 for her that she's one of the best players in the world, and also one of the hardest players to officiate.

Yeah, but for some reason year #2 wasn't a big enough factor to get her on the national team.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 01/12/16 12:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:

After seeing how much Skylar improved in the short space of time between her WNBA debut and her injury, I personally won't be laughing too hard at her ambitions.

I'm not laughing at her ambitions. Notice I didn't laugh after I said "more power to her". I laughed because she's not even close to the best in the world, even before the injury. Maybe she should set some attainable shorter term goals first. And I'm assuming the more talented guard on her team, Sims, is going to work hard at her game as well. To me Diggin's overall skills and skill level are nothing special. The one thing I'll say about Diggins is she has confidence in her game and she plays aggressively, which I think makes her a solid player (and the Shock offense kind of caters to aggressive guards). Best in the world though...no way, not any time soon. But if that's her goal and she wants to try, that's cool. I just personally don't think It'll ever happen.

PostPosted: 01/12/16 12:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

I'm not laughing at her ambitions. Notice I didn't laugh after I said "more power to her". I laughed because she's not even close to the best in the world, even before the injury. Maybe she should set some attainable shorter term goals first. And I'm assuming the more talented guard on her team, Sims, is going to work hard at her game as well. To me Diggin's overall skills and skill level are nothing special. The one thing I'll say about Diggins is she has confidence in her game and she plays aggressively, which I think makes her a solid player (and the Shock offense kind of caters to aggressive guards). Best in the world though...no way, not any time soon. But if that's her goal and she wants to try, that's cool. I just personally don't think It'll ever happen.

Best guard, maybe?

Best in the world is subjective, so to some she's already there.

Are you willing to regard a WNBA MVP or Finals MVP as a less subjective indicator of who's best, or are you just going to deny her no matter what she accomplishes?

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/12/16 2:09 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Shades wrote:

Are you willing to regard a WNBA MVP or Finals MVP as a less subjective indicator of who's best, or are you just going to deny her no matter what she accomplishes?

As long as Prahalis is out there, no one else can ever even be close to best. Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing

ChicagoAnnie

PostPosted: 01/12/16 9:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

how dare diggins vocalize her aspirations...Confused i swear wnba fans take shit too far. Laughing

ClayK

PostPosted: 01/13/16 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ChicagoAnnie wrote:
how dare diggins vocalize her aspirations...Confused i swear wnba fans take shit too far. Laughing

X_____________

PostPosted: 01/13/16 12:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Seemed to me that Tulsa without Diggins and with Sims was worse than Tulsa without Sims and with Diggins.

Michelle89

PostPosted: 01/13/16 2:30 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

X_____________

Its the offseason what do you expect..

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 01/13/16 3:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ClayK wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

X_____________

How dare WNBA fans vocalize their own opinions on a women's basketball message board forum... Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 01/13/16 3:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Jet Jaguar wrote:
ClayK wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

X_____________

How dare WNBA fans vocalize their own opinions on a women's basketball message board forum... Rolling Eyes

Not to be facetious here or anything but wasn't ClayK and ChicagoAnnie just vocalizing their opinion about your opinion of Diggins' aspirations on a women's basketball message board forum? I mean yeah, you have the right to your opinion as do they, right?
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 01/13/16 5:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Seemed to me that Tulsa without Diggins and with Sims was worse than Tulsa without Sims and with Diggins.

Agreed. Sims may be more of a complete player, but Diggins is more valuable.

PostPosted: 01/13/16 5:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
tfan wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
pilight wrote:

Quote:

Agreed. Sims may be more of a complete player, but Diggins is more valuable.

Very Happy

Jet Jaguar

PostPosted: 01/13/16 6:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

hyperetic wrote:
Jet Jaguar wrote:
ClayK wrote:
ChicagoAnnie wrote:

X_____________

Not to be facetious here or anything but wasn't ClayK and ChicagoAnnie just vocalizing their opinion about your opinion of Diggins' aspirations on a women's basketball message board forum? I mean yeah, you have the right to your opinion as do they, right?

Precisely. How is it taking "shit too far" to express an opinion on what a player said on a forum where the very purpose is to talk about women's basketball and give opinions? lol. This place is funny sometimes.

PostPosted: 01/13/16 7:23 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If she stays healthy,Diggins will have a legit shot at winning the mvp in 2016.Dallas will also be a title contender.

UofDel_Alum

PostPosted: 01/13/16 7:25 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
If she stays healthy,Diggins will have a legit shot at winning the mvp in 2016.

Rolling Eyes no way will she beat out EDD or Maya

Smile https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w113QblC3uQ

jlight

PostPosted: 01/13/16 7:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

zune69 wrote:
If she stays healthy,Diggins will have a legit shot at winning the mvp in 2016.Dallas will also be a title contender.

is that a bold prediction? Laughing

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 01/13/16 7:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mavcarter wrote:
Sims may be more of a complete player

Or maybe not.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: