RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Top 10 Recruiting Assistant Coaches
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 04/12/06 10:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
this thread is weird.

buddyjack -- are you the person behind womenshoopscoop.com/net?

Yes, inquiring minds would like to know.

buddyjack

PostPosted: 04/12/06 10:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

actually its spelled "wierd"... I am not the person behind womans hoop scoop but I do enjoy the site.

womens_hoops wrote:
this thread is weird.

rebkell
Site Admin

PostPosted: 04/12/06 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

buddyjack wrote:
actually its spelled "wierd"... I am not the person behind womans hoop scoop but I do enjoy the site.

womens_hoops wrote:
this thread is weird.

Sure about that?
http://www.wordreference.com/definition/weird

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 04/12/06 10:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Hmmm...

so a few weeks ago I get an email from the Women's Hoop Scoop blogger. Said he's (assuming gender, since no name given) started a blog. Said he did it because he really liked the hold Women's Hoop Scoop site, which he said had disappeared. He gave me the URL to the old site -- and indeed, it didn't work -- though you could see it for a moment before it redirected to one of those registration sites.

On Monday, the 10ths, I get an email from Women's Hoop Scoop asking for a link to help promote the site. I say sure... but are you the same as the WHS blog? She says no, I've been around for five years, they just stole my name.

The Women's Hoop Scoop (non-blog) site looks like it just started. There's hardly anything on it at all, and there is nothing from before April 10. But they claim to have run a poll about best recruiter, and that the poll received 2,000 votes from well-connected women's basketball people. (If the site just (re-)started, how did it get 2,000 responses over 3 weeks? Who even knew to respond?)

At the same time, buddyjack turns up here starting a bunch of threads, all based on stuff from Women's Hoop Scoop (the non-blog), and also taking a couple shots at the Women's Hoop Scoop blog. But buddyjack says that s/he isn't affiliated with the WHS site.

What the fuck is going on here?

Adding to the weirdness... buddyjack used the old Admiral verbal tick "no doubt" in a couple posts. Is this whole thing a crazy practical joke by the fonger, using a different IP to get around the ban?

buddyjack

PostPosted: 04/13/06 12:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

yikes Ted ...this is not life and death - its not that serious...why cuss with the word fu__ aren't you better than that? www.womenshoopscoop.net was re-started approx one month + ago - in conjunction with the old www.womenhoopscoop.com which we also own... for almost 5 years now.

Sir Ted...there's plenty of room for fun ...no need to use vulgar language...we never will stoop that low.

As for the Polls we conduct..they are legit... we have absolutely no agenda - we did receive over 2,000 responses and they are still coming in droves daily...could care less about who wins or loses, just want folks to participate. ...we want to promote women's college basketball in a fun, positive, non-vulgar way...unlike you apparently...

So ...there you go folks..yes buddyjack and www.womenshoopscoop.net / www.womenshoopscoop.com are one in the same... we are attempting to promote our web site and magazine.... is that so bad?...and yes, we did contact Vulgar Ted about linking to his site...but we no longer want to pursue this relationship...you understand why. But we do love women's college basketball...look for our magazine on news stands in June in the Southeast and Midwest....

Best to you Ted... clean up your language sir, would you speak to young people in those terms? ...show some class sir...

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 04/13/06 6:45 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

fuck fuck fuck fuck fuck. shitfuck.

so a few posts ago, why did you lie about being involved with the site?

you said in an email that you had to give up the old site (.com) because you "are under litigation there." What sort of litigation?

you say that your polls are legit, but you don't even have any on your site. The "polls" link comes up empty. What gives?

if you re-started the site over a month ago, how come there's nothing there dated prior to April 10?

fuck again.

Last edited by womens_hoops on 04/13/06 6:52 am; edited 1 time in total
ripleydc

PostPosted: 04/13/06 6:49 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

OK, now both of you go sit in opposite corners on your Time-out stools.

buddyjack---you lost ALL credibility by telling a direct lie. Not a good way to join a new cyber-community. shame on you. Embarassed

w-hoops --- now isn't it just a little too early in the morning for such potty-mouth? hmmm? Rolling Eyes

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 04/13/06 6:52 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ripleydc wrote:
w-hoops --- now isn't it just a little too early in the morning for such potty-mouth? hmmm? Rolling Eyes

no, never too early. fuck.

p_d_swanson

PostPosted: 04/13/06 6:59 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
shitfuck.

Ahh, Joe Schultz. Smoke him inside and let's go pound that Budweiser...

Keegan

PostPosted: 04/13/06 8:31 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

buddyjack wrote:

Embarassed
womens_hoops

PostPosted: 04/13/06 8:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://hoopscoop.net/forums/printthread.php?t=2355

dtsnms

PostPosted: 04/13/06 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

some weird (spelled correctly) shit going on here......

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 04/13/06 10:07 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
some weird (spelled correctly) shit going on here......

watch your language. Wink

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 04/13/06 10:13 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Baylor is proud.

http://baylorbears.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/041106aaa.html

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/college/2006/04/12/04122006wacbriefs.html

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/13/06 10:16 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
Baylor is proud.

http://baylorbears.cstv.com/sports/w-baskbl/spec-rel/041106aaa.html

http://www.wacotrib.com/sports/content/sports/college/2006/04/12/04122006wacbriefs.html

That is just embarrassing.

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 04/13/06 10:18 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:

aside from the other questions, I was also wondering what makes Baylor "up and coming." Didn't they win some sort of tournament sometime in the last couple years?

PUmatty

PostPosted: 04/13/06 10:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

womens_hoops wrote:
PUmatty wrote:

aside from the other questions, I was also wondering what makes Baylor "up and coming." Didn't they win some sort of tournament sometime in the last couple years?

Precisely.

Also, New Mexico is up-and-coming? New Mexico has been around at a fairly constant level for quite a while now. The same could be said for Utah, their two extra tournament wins notwithstanding.

stever

PostPosted: 04/13/06 10:33 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Un-fucking-believable..."www.womenshoopscoop.net, one of the foremost magazines/websites devoted to women's college basketball."...this domain name was just registered in mid-March, by someone in Anchorage, Alaska.
...www.womenshoopscoop.COM is a non-functioning site registered three years ago by a Mr. Kyle Lingerfelt, residing in wait for it...Anchorage, Alaska...where is our new friend "buddyjack" posting from?...the 49th state...surprise!

Shocked

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 04/13/06 10:46 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

so is Kyle Lingerfelt the same as "Henrietta Hoops" or the same as "buddyjack"? The same buddyjack who said "I speak from experience .. having been a Recruiting Coordinator in the SEC/ACC and Big East."

I don't recall a Kyle Lingerfelt working as a recruiting coordinator in the SEC, the ACC, or the Big East.

Is this the same guy:

http://www.enquirer.com/bearcats/050397_uc.html

And Jody Hensen from Alaska Anchorage is ranked in this supposed "poll" as one of the best recruiting coaches in the nation. (Actually listed as one of the best recruiting assistants even though she was the head coach.) Hensen resigned a couple weeks ago after three losing seasons.

http://www.adn.com/sports/story/7552639p-7464227c.html

Somehow I'm having a hard time believing that a poll with over 2000 responses would have placed Jody Hensen -- a head coach from a D-II school with a losing record -- as the 7th best recruiter in the nation.

stever

PostPosted: 04/13/06 11:23 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Something truly stinks to high Heaven here. How in the bloody hell does Baylor Athletics and the Waco Tribune get conned into publishing this crap from a month-old website?

http://www.goseawolves.com/index.cfm?fuseAction=readStory&story_id=2386
Outgoing Coach Henson on March 20: “This past spring I turned down a first-assistant coaching position at a major Division I program because of my commitment to the development of the players that my staff and I had signed. I am anxious to take my experiences and build upon them at the Division I level. I am in the process of talking to a variety of people and look forward to what the future holds.”

...17 days later she's replaced by a JUCO coach from Colorado:
"Moser comes to UAA from Otero (Colo.) Junior College, where he won 74 percent of his games and captured nine conference coach-of-the-year awards, while coaching both the women’s and men’s teams. He coached the OJC men exclusively the last two seasons, after leading the men and women simultaneously the previous six years."

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 04/13/06 12:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

stever wrote:
Something truly stinks to high Heaven here. How in the bloody hell does Baylor Athletics and the Waco Tribune get conned into publishing this crap from a month-old website?

Let me take a guess:

1. Henrietta Hoops aka buddyjack (aka kyle?) emails Baylor coach Jennifer Roberts and says "Congratulations! You've been named as one of the top ten recruiters in the nation!"

2. Jennifer Roberts is excited and flattered. She forwards the email to the Baylor Sports Information Director.

3. SID prepares a press release, posts it on the website, and sends it to the email distribution list, including Waco Trib reporter.

4. Waco Trib reporter includes same facts in article the next day.

I guess no one bothered to ask how this poll was conducted, or whether, in fact, there really was such a poll. Why check facts when all the news is so good?

swok34

PostPosted: 04/13/06 12:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Two of the best "pro's" at finding anything you could want to know on the net and then some.......

I'm glad you all are looking into it.

So does this blog site have anything to do with either one?

http://www.womenshoopsscoop.blogspot.com/

Quote:
I know coaching is COACHING, but why are you Athletic Directors NOT LOOKING at qualified assistants still in/on the Women's side?

I'm glad they aren't mentioning the person who got Courtney Paris to come to a state she didn't even know WAS a state........

now, that was a piece of recruiting. To get a kid to come from the San Francisco Bay all the way to the flyover country of Oklahoma. There were newspaper articles from the folks in California that were stunned.

CamrnCrz1974

PostPosted: 04/13/06 12:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Given Swoopes was allegedly straight before, can we argue Scotty is the best recruiting assistant coach? Shocked

Sorry, that was bad, but I couldn't resist...

Thank you for getting into the mindless debate while ignoring the important part of this post...my joke. Smile

Some of you are so selfish. I am so upset I won't be able to fuck anyone for three or four hours. Oh, did that offend you, buddyjack?

womens_hoops

PostPosted: 04/13/06 12:03 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

swok34 wrote:
So does this blog site have anything to do with either one?

http://www.womenshoopsscoop.blogspot.com/

I guess timmyutah should answer that one, but the blog is apparently entirely separate.

Iluvacc

PostPosted: 04/13/06 12:05 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
CamrnCrz1974 wrote:
Given Swoopes was allegedly straight before, can we argue Scotty is the best recruiting assistant coach? Shocked

Sorry, that was bad, but I couldn't resist...

Thank you for getting into the mindless debate while ignoring the important part of this post...my joke. Smile

Some of you are so selfish. I am so upset I won't be able to fuck anyone for three or four hours. Oh, did that offend you, buddyjack?

Maybe you aren't asking the right person Shocked Laughing Wink

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: