RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Nearing the end of the line for Jeb!
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 10/26/15 5:35 pm    ::: Nearing the end of the line for Jeb! Reply Reply with quote

Lot of things seem to be pointing to me at least that he's going to jump the fuck back out of this race. His Vote for Trump rant, meeting with his family, cutting staff, etc. And then Trump mocking him with the mommy and daddy stuff with no comeback. Morning Joe is all over this but they're not going to Bush dropping out yet. I say that's happening. Jeb!'s been toast for a while but apparently even he can smell it now. It will be a stunning moment in the history of American politics.

And you can thank for this magnificent development one Donald Trump.

Cool

justintyme

PostPosted: 10/26/15 5:49 pm    ::: Re: Nearing the end of the line for Jeb! Reply Reply with quote

My guess is that there is going to be (or perhaps there already is) a push from the Republican Party to get some of these candidates out of the race so the remainder can start showing more life in the polls. There is a belief that Trump and Carson share a base of voters and so do all the rest. So to start gaining some traction they will want to narrow the field and start throwing weight behind one of the Party favorites (probably Rubio).

PostPosted: 10/26/15 8:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I'll repeat my fondest political wish: that everyone named Bush and Clinton would just go, go, go away. Far away. 35 years of Bushes and 23 years of Clintons is simply too much.

It looks like I'll get 50% of my wish granted.
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 10/26/15 8:45 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Just hang on for another 9 years and you'll also get the other... oh wait ... Chelsea Razz

PostPosted: 10/26/15 8:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Bush is polling high enough and has enough money that I think he stays in at least until the majority of the other candidates get out. I guess when they say "Bush has raised 120 million" they are including SuperPAC money which can't be used for the campaign, just advertisements. But he raised 13.4 million in the third quarter and has 10 million cash on hand. He seems to have overspent on his campaign staff, but has enough money to continue on if he gets more frugal.

Trump says he went back to meet with "mommy and daddy" this weekend, but his father is said to be super into the campaign and his brother is starting to speak up. So I don't think they are gonna advise him to get out. I think this weekend was actually about rallying donors with the aid of the brother, and maybe the father if he is up to it.

But it must be a shock for these candidates to go up against a guy who despite being raised in a very rich family and being very rich his whole life, behaves more like a guy who rose up through the ranks to lead the Brooklyn chapter of the Teamsters union.

tfan

PostPosted: 10/26/15 9:15 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
I'll repeat my fondest political wish: that everyone named Bush and Clinton would just go, go, go away. Far away. 35 years of Bushes and 23 years of Clintons is simply too much.

How did you come up with those numbers?

pilight

PostPosted: 10/26/15 9:29 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:

How did you come up with those numbers?

Yeah, it's been over 60 years of Bushes.

PostPosted: 10/27/15 9:44 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

maybe Jeb! should have listened to his mother who said there'd already been enough Bushes in the WH. Smile

PostPosted: 10/27/15 9:50 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
maybe Jeb! should have listened to his mother who said there'd already been enough Bushes in the WH. Smile

No doubt he's wishing he had.

beknighted

PostPosted: 10/27/15 2:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

So the latest national poll has Carson and Trump in the 20s (Carson ahead, but w/in the margin of error) and no other Republican candidate in double digits. In fact, no candidate besides Carson or Trump polls higher than undecided. Bush is sitting in 4th, and no poll in the last month has had him higher than that. Even if he got all of the undecideds, he'd still be in 3rd.

As an aside, there's been some pretty amusing reporting on the polling on the Democratic side - the story on the CBS radio newscast this morning said that Sanders was still polling strongly against Clinton or something like that, and it turns out that the latest national polls have her up by 31 and 20, and the latest Iowa poll has her up by 41.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 10/27/15 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Am I the only one concerned that Ben Carson has taken the lead in the Republican party.

I figured it was a matter of time before Trump lost it, but Carson..seriously? At least I can see people who don't know much about politics going "Trump's good with money, our country needs help with money..maybe he's a good idea.." What on earth does Carson bring to the table besides crazy?

PostPosted: 10/27/15 2:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
So the latest national poll has Carson and Trump in the 20s (Carson ahead, but w/in the margin of error) and no other Republican candidate in double digits. In fact, no candidate besides Carson or Trump polls higher than undecided. Bush is sitting in 4th, and no poll in the last month has had him higher than that. Even if he got all of the undecideds, he'd still be in 3rd.

As an aside, there's been some pretty amusing reporting on the polling on the Democratic side - the story on the CBS radio newscast this morning said that Sanders was still polling strongly against Clinton or something like that, and it turns out that the latest national polls have her up by 31 and 20, and the latest Iowa poll has her up by 41.

Because once you take out Biden, who was never going to run, Clinton absorbs almost all those votes. Sanders has never been as close as the polls would make it seem.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/27/15 3:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
Am I the only one concerned that Ben Carson has taken the lead in the Republican party.

I figured it was a matter of time before Trump lost it, but Carson..seriously? At least I can see people who don't know much about politics going "Trump's good with money, our country needs help with money..maybe he's a good idea.." What on earth does Carson bring to the table besides crazy?

That crazy is precisely what he brings to the table. As his hateful and crazy ideas have gotten more press, he has gotten more support. The GOP electorate loves those ideas.

beknighted

PostPosted: 10/27/15 3:35 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
beknighted wrote:

Because once you take out Biden, who was never going to run, Clinton absorbs almost all those votes. Sanders has never been as close as the polls would make it seem.

I agree. The last polls in New Hampshire show him leading there (and if he doesn't win there, he's not going to win anywhere), but most of those polls still include Biden.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 10/27/15 3:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
beknighted wrote:

I agree. The last polls in New Hampshire show him leading there (and if he doesn't win there, he's not going to win anywhere), but most of those polls still include Biden.

He might win a primary or two, but nationally this was never as close as the media and his supporters wanted to spin it into being.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 10/27/15 4:39 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
beknighted wrote:
PUmatty wrote:
beknighted wrote:

He might win a primary or two, but nationally this was never as close as the media and his supporters wanted to spin it into being.

His demo is white, educated, millennials. That's literally it.

It could win him some states (Vermont, New Hampshire, maybe make it close in Mass) in the NorthEast, but it the rest of the country votes in the primaries too.

PostPosted: 10/27/15 7:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

PUmatty wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

That crazy is precisely what he brings to the table. As his hateful and crazy ideas have gotten more press, he has gotten more support. The GOP electorate loves those ideas.

Plus they can now say they're not racist, one of their best politicians is black.

PostPosted: 10/27/15 8:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

beknighted wrote:
So the latest national poll has Carson and Trump in the 20s (Carson ahead, but w/in the margin of error) and no other Republican candidate in double digits. In fact, no candidate besides Carson or Trump polls higher than undecided. .

Don't know/No answer is 11% among everyone they spoke to. Among Republican Primary voters it is 6% , which is below Rubio, Bush and Fiorina.

Last edited by tfan on 10/27/15 8:27 pm; edited 1 time in total
tfan

PostPosted: 10/27/15 8:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:

His demo is white, educated, millennials. That's literally it.

It should be working class people everywhere with his stance on job export (but doesn't apparently understand the effects of immigration, legal and illegal) and free education and his continual refrain against income inequality. Sanders isn't as much a help for the educated because he isn't talking out against the push by CEOs lead by Mark Zuckerberg to use immigration to lower or flatten real white collar wages, the way it has blue collar wages.

At some point we may get to the point where normal people ask - "Which candidate is being pushed by the donor class?" Although, right now it looks like the Republicans are there at this moment in the campaign.

Last edited by tfan on 10/27/15 9:06 pm; edited 2 times in total
beknighted

PostPosted: 10/27/15 8:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
beknighted wrote:
So the latest national poll has Carson and Trump in the 20s (Carson ahead, but w/in the margin of error) and no other Republican candidate in double digits. In fact, no candidate besides Carson or Trump polls higher than undecided. .

Don't know/No answer is 11% among everyone they spoke to. Among Republican Primary voters it is 6% , which is below Rubio, Bush and Fiorina.

Sorry - either I misread the Real Clear Politics poll numbers (maybe taking the composite instead of the latest poll there) or they got it wrong.

tfan

PostPosted: 10/27/15 9:07 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
What on earth does Carson bring to the table besides crazy?

What has Carson said that you would call crazy?

I think Carson's appeal is that he is not a politician. And I don't just mean "never been a politician" like Fiorina and Trump. I mean he just says what he feels and believes. He also comes across like a good person.

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 10/27/15 9:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Wow. No. Come on. That mofo is out of his mind. As I very facetiously asked... why am I the only one who sees it. The joke is... I'm not. But obviously a lot of people can't see it. He's a psycho. Crazy as a loon. You can tell, straight off the bat, because he's a neurosurgeon who wants to be president of the United States. Start there.

tfan

PostPosted: 10/27/15 10:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
beknighted wrote:

Actually, if you add "None of them" and "Someone else" to "Don't know/No answer" it gets to 9.x %, which is more than anyone but Trump or Carson.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 10/28/15 12:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

I think Carson's appeal is that he is not a politician. And I don't just mean "never been a politician" like Fiorina and Trump. I mean he just says what he feels and believes. He also comes across like a good person.

Well, we can start here.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/10/26/3715969/ben-carson-ridiculousness-continues/

PostPosted: 10/28/15 12:43 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

mercfan3 wrote:
tfan wrote:
mercfan3 wrote:

Well, we can start here.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2015/10/26/3715969/ben-carson-ridiculousness-continues/

That dude, he nuts.

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: