RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Is CoCo Vandeweghe the women's Roscoe Tanner?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/02/15 1:22 pm    ::: Is CoCo Vandeweghe the women's Roscoe Tanner? Reply Reply with quote

Big, strong, big serve, hard hitting, lacking in finesse, footwork and shotmaking.

Big upset for her over Stevens on Monday in the US Open. 2nd round match vs Mattek-Sands coming up shortly.

She's fun to watch. Really goes for it. Better than watching someone like Radwanska who seems to hit the ball about 40mph.

But then Tanner was fun to watch too even though his big time victories were limited.
(Hope she never has all the personal problems of Tanner.)

I'd like to see her advance further.

StevenHW

PostPosted: 09/03/15 9:52 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

http://abc7news.com/sports/video-coco-vandeweghe-destroys-her-racket-at-us-open/968043/

As one former ESPN commentator once said, "A good craftsman never blames his tools"! Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 09/04/15 12:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Follows up the big upset with a big flop to Queen Bethanie Mattek-Sands in the next round. She has the weapons, but doesn't seem to be able to put things together consistently.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Other Women's Sports All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: