RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Why Is Donald Trump Leading The Polls?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 44, 45, 46  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/01/15 10:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TonyL222 wrote:

Carson and Fiorina will have the same fates as Cain and Bachman in 2012.

Of course only one person can win the nomination. I think it's too early to say that neither Trump, Fiorina nor Carson can win the nomination. It's becoming highly probable that one of them will win at least in Iowa.

TonyL222 wrote:
The Republican Party parades them around for awhile

The Republican Party, as an establishment apparatus, doesn't "parade" anyone around, and doesn't even seem to like either of these three candidates and even fears them. These candidates parade themselves around, on their own dime, and it's the people who like their parade so far.

TonyL222 wrote:
The top three in the Republican race have one thing in common - they were not politicians. It's just a message to the "establishment" Republicans.

I think that's too narrow a view of the message all three are sending. It's an anti-politician of all parties message, which they hope will resonate in the general election. By claiming that all politicians are lazy, dumb, incompetent, all-talk-no-action, preserve-their-own-power fatcats, Trump, Carson and Fiorina are aiming their message not only at Republicans but at independents and similarly disaffected Democrats. That was Reagan's broad appeal.
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/01/15 1:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

GlennMacGrady wrote:
TonyL222 wrote:

Of course only one person can win the nomination. I think it's too early to say that neither Trump, Fiorina nor Carson can win the nomination. It's becoming highly probable that one of them will win at least in Iowa.

I think what is obvious is that Iowa GOP results are no longer predictive of much of anything.

The last two winners were Huckabee in 2008 and Santorum in 2012. How'd that work out for them?

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/01/15 2:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
GlennMacGrady wrote:
TonyL222 wrote:

I think what is obvious is that Iowa GOP results are no longer predictive of much of anything.

The last two winners were Huckabee in 2008 and Santorum in 2012. How'd that work out for them?

What about an Iowa and New Hampshire win? Would that be predictive?
ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/01/15 2:33 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well NH has been right the last three times.

S.Carolina has actually been more predictive, except the last time when Gingrich beat Romney.

I think the caucus process has led to the Iowa GOP recently selecting some fairly fringe far right wingers with zero chance of nomination. Which is why it wouldn't surprise me if Carson won Iowa this year. And that would be represent his 15 minutes of fame.

Genero36

PostPosted: 09/02/15 2:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Kareem Abdul-Jabbar: This is the difference between Donald Trump and Bernie Sanders

Quote:
Trumps rationale for avoiding Kellys debate question that neither he nor America has time for political correctness taps into a popular boogeyman. The term political correctness is so general that to most people it simply means a discomfort with changing times and attitudes, an attack on the traditions of how we were raised. (Its an emotional challenge every generation has had to go through.) What it really means is nothing more than sensitizing people to the fact that some old-fashioned words, attitudes and actions may be harmful or insulting to others. Naturally, people are angry about that because it makes them feel stupid or mean when they really arent. But when times change, we need to change with them in areas that strengthen our society.

Its no longer politically correct to call African Americans coloreds. Or to pat a woman on the butt at work and say, Nice job, honey. Or to ask people their religion during a job interview. Or to deny a woman a job because shes not attractive enough to you. Or to assume a persons opinion is worth less because she is elderly. Or that physically challenged individuals shouldnt have easy access to buildings. If you dont have time for political correctness, you dont have time to be the caretaker of our rights under the Constitution.

Quote:
Meanwhile, Bernie Sanders faced his own challenge at a political event last month, when two African American women pushed in front of him to use the microphone to demand four and a half minutes of silence to honor the death of Michael Brown. Sanders left the stage and mingled with the crowd. Later, Trump criticized Sanders as being weak for allowing them to speak, but truly he showed grace under pressure by acknowledging their frustration and anger. Instead of bullying their voices into silence or ridiculing them as losers, pigs or bimbos, Sanders left. After all, it was not his event; he was a guest. Besides, his voice was not silenced, but came back booming even louder: The next day, Sanders posted a sweeping policy of reform to fight racial inequality. (The timing coincided with Michael Browns death and had nothing to do with the two women.)

The two approaches reveal the difference between a mature, thoughtful and intelligent man, and a man whose money has made him arrogant to criticism and impervious to feeling the need to have any actual policies. Trump threatens to run an independent campaign (he wont; thats a negotiating ploy). Trump is a last-call candidate who looks good in the boozy dark of political inebriation.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2015/09/02/kareem-abdul-jabbar-this-is-the-difference-between-donald-trump-and-bernie-sanders/?a

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 09/02/15 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

What's happening now... started almost with the calendar changing to Sept. is EVERYONE is now talking... hmmm actually they're talking PAST the inevitable downfall of Trump. Major media focus everywhere even on Morning Joe where they have heretofore spoken only of his rise and sustainable dominance of the moment. But now... Joe Scarborough even had a slip of the tongue where he referred to Jeb Bush as the frontrunner. Laughing You have liberal voices TELLING the Republicans HOW to undo Trump. Laying out the steps. lol.

PostPosted: 09/03/15 7:54 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Quote:
"Kareem -

Now I know why the press always treated you so badly -- they couldn't stand you. The fact is that you don't have a clue about life and what has to be done to make America great again!

Best wishes

Donald Trump"

Along with the image, Abdul-Jabbar shared his thoughts:

"This note from Donald Trump in response to my editorial is the best, though inelegant, support for my claims. Here again he attacks a journalist who disagrees with him, not by disputing the points made but by hurling schoolyard insults such as 'nobody likes you.' But if you look behind the nasty invective, you find the assault still remains against the Constitution in an effort to silence the press through intimidation."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/donald-trump-to-kareem-abdul-jabbar-you-dont-have-a-clue/ar-AAdTy6z?ocid=mailsignout

GlennMacGrady

PostPosted: 09/03/15 1:12 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Trump increases national lead in new Monmouth poll to 30%, and beats every other candidate head-to-head except for Carson, who tromps Trump.
TonyL222

PostPosted: 09/03/15 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Genero36 wrote:
Quote:
"Kareem -

Now I know why the press always treated you so badly -- they couldn't stand you. The fact is that you don't have a clue about life and what has to be done to make America great again!

Best wishes

Donald Trump"

Along with the image, Abdul-Jabbar shared his thoughts:

"This note from Donald Trump in response to my editorial is the best, though inelegant, support for my claims. Here again he attacks a journalist who disagrees with him, not by disputing the points made but by hurling schoolyard insults such as 'nobody likes you.' But if you look behind the nasty invective, you find the assault still remains against the Constitution in an effort to silence the press through intimidation."

http://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nba/donald-trump-to-kareem-abdul-jabbar-you-dont-have-a-clue/ar-AAdTy6z?ocid=mailsignout

From Kareem Abdul Jabbar:
Heres how Donald Trump responded to my essay about him

Quote:
Trumps response to my piece is the best, though inelegant, support for my claims. Here again, he attacks a journalist who disagrees with him, not by disputing the points made but by hurling schoolyard insults such as nobody likes you. Look behind the nasty invective and you find an assault on the Constitution in the effort to silence the press through intimidation.

Last edited by TonyL222 on 09/03/15 5:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 09/03/15 3:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I don't know if he's actually signed that Republican pledge thing not to run as a third party candidate, but he seriously shouldn't do that. I'm telling you they are dialing him down in the national news media like you would turn a volume knob on a radio. First, that's HOW they're going to undo him. Simple as that and they started already. If you were watching say Morning Joe the last few months watching the Summer of Trump and hearing the pitch and volume of the coverage and even Joe Scarborough's voice... and then September struck like midnight for Cindarella... lol... and I mean... if you were watching this show and the coverage... you would have absolutely no doubt that something has been decided and now that which has been decided is occurring. It's that clear.

Trump is being 'fired' as the Republican front runner by the entire political and media establishment of the United States. Today, on Morning Joe? lol. They opened the show as they very often do with a clip from late night comedy on the race, and Jimmy Kimmel had a joke about Trump and Jeb. After that, go back and watch the tape, they don't mention Donald Trump (I don't think so anyway) and they certainly don't cover or discuss him. For over a half hour that I watched anyway. This is a RADICAL departure from what they've been doing every day and there's nothing that Trump has NOT done or NOT said that gives the MJ gang any reason to dial back their coverage. He's got a little ad war going with Bush right now. But crickets for the entire opening of the show.

So that's all they have to do to dump Trump. Get him to sign this damn paper and then cut off his microphone. I hope you all are happy now. Confused I'm talking to you Kareem and Marc Anthony!!!

PostPosted: 09/03/15 3:21 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

that little piece of paper means squat. he could tear it up and claim that the RNC hoodwinked him into believing they were going to play fair with him and his followers would love him more. third party run, maybe?

PostPosted: 09/03/15 3:34 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
that little piece of paper means squat. he could tear it up and claim that the RNC hoodwinked him into believing they were going to play fair with him and his followers would love him more.

I hope you're right. I don't see why a paper he signs with a party, a party who I should add wants only to be rid of him, would technically make it more difficult for him to get on ballots as a third party candidate. I don't get that. An article I read said that I just don't see it. Also said that he would appear to be a spoil sport or sore loser or something like that. That's a little bit juvenile and Trump supporters, and if they keep on growing they keep on growing, they are going to want him to run as a third party candidate if he isn't the Republican nominee. They'd cut off their own fingers to get him back in the race and by then there might be too many of them to ignore.

But... the Party itself... yeah... this IS what they've been waiting for and the establishment in general really fears Trump's potential to actually become President of their United States. So just watch what they do to him. Wink

PostPosted: 09/03/15 4:32 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They just said on CNN that Trump would not have been eligible for the SCar GOP primary if he hadn't signed.

Don't ask me why not. I have no idea.

They seemed to think he gets more out of this than the party does. In addition to the SCar issue, it opens up a big block of "anybody but Hillary" GOP voters who care more about the party winning than about who the standardbearer is.

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 09/03/15 4:40 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I didn't know Trump has an older sistr who is a judge on the Third Circuit US Court of Appeals.

Maryanne Trump Barry was appointed as a Federal District Court judge in NJ by Reagan and was elevated to the CT of Appeals by Clinton. She is 78 and is now on Senior status.

mercfan3

PostPosted: 09/03/15 4:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
They just said on CNN that Trump would not have been eligible for the SCar GOP primary if he hadn't signed.

They seemed to think he gets more out of this than the party does. In addition to the SCar issue, it opens up a big block of "anybody but Hillary" GOP voters who care more about the party winning than about who the standardbearer is.

Trump's a business man. I guarantee you he breaks contracts all the time. Laughing

PostPosted: 09/03/15 6:17 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

<embed><iframe width="854" height="480" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/7AthpD0YUd4" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe></embed>

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7AthpD0YUd4

tfan

PostPosted: 09/03/15 9:41 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:

Whoever controls it in South Carolina put in a requirement that you had to pledge to not run as a third-party candidate in order to be in the Republican primary, and I believe the deadline to make the pledge was September 30th. A few other states are considering doing the same.

Although, had Trump not appeared on the ballot it would have upset a lot of people with their party. Probably even a fair amount who didn't want to vote for Trump.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/04/15 9:22 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

There is another article saying that the GOP needs 40% of the Hispanic vote to win. And they rightly suggest that a Trump run would not get that. But with 58% of Hispanics registered Democrats and only 16% registered as Republicans, it seems impossible for any of them to get it. And that number will just go up as the number of Hispanic voters continues to increase. At some point you will hear that "The Republicans need to capture 60% of the Hispanic vote in order to win."

jammerbirdi

PostPosted: 09/04/15 11:48 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Well, it's all Trump all the time on Morning Joe today so what do I know.

PostPosted: 09/04/15 2:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
There is another article saying that the GOP needs 40% of the Hispanic vote to win. And they rightly suggest that a Trump run would not get that. But with 58% of Hispanics registered Democrats and only 16% registered as Republicans, it seems impossible for any of them to get it. And that number will just go up as the number of Hispanic voters continues to increase. At some point you will hear that "The Republicans need to capture 60% of the Hispanic vote in order to win."

Which is why I say they want Rubio on the ticket.

I don't think it'll make a difference. But the Republicans also thought that having Sarah Palin on the ticket would help get upset Hillary Clinton voters..so I think they believe that the representation itself is enough.

PostPosted: 09/04/15 7:47 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

jammerbirdi wrote:

*I* didn't wanna bring that up, but....since you ask....? Shocked Razz

This MANIPULATION of The Masses....why do you all find it so mesmerizing?

PostPosted: 09/04/15 7:59 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Howee wrote:
jammerbirdi wrote:

*I* didn't wanna bring that up, but....since you ask....? Shocked Razz

This MANIPULATION of The Masses....why do you all find it so mesmerizing?

Trump's masses aren't watching Morning Joe.

PostPosted: 09/05/15 5:43 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Donald Trump doesnt need Latino voters to win (if he can get African-American voters)

Quote:
As long ago as 1881, the abolitionist Frederick Douglass complained that immigrants from Ireland, the Latinos of the day, were stealing jobs from African Americans. Every hour sees us elbowed out of some employment to make room for some newly-arrived emigrant from the Emerald Isle, whose hunger and color entitle him to special favor, Douglass wrote in his autobiography. A few years later, in his famous Atlanta Exposition address, Booker T. Washington begged white employers to reject those of foreign birth and strange tongue and habits in favor of native-born blacks, who had toiled without strikes and labor wars. By 1916, mass immigration had made black workers superfluous, the New Republic charged.

TonyL222

PostPosted: 09/05/15 6:03 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

tfan wrote:
Donald Trump doesnt need Latino voters to win (if he can get African-American voters)

That's like saying "Hillary doesn't need the AA vote to win, if she can get the Tea Party vote." Might be true - but will never happen.

tfan

PostPosted: 09/05/15 8:53 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

TonyL222 wrote:
tfan wrote:

That's like saying "Hillary doesn't need the AA vote to win, if she can get the Tea Party vote." Might be true - but will never happen.

Do you agree with the premise that immigration - both legal and illegal - hurts African-Americans?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » Area 51 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13 ... 44, 45, 46  Next
Page 12 of 46

Jump to: