46%
 46%  [ 7 ]
Mystics
53%
 53%  [ 8 ]
Total Votes : 15

SCook

PostPosted: 08/28/15 7:14 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yes BG!!!!!! I think she felt her team needed some energy but they not capitalizing.

PostPosted: 08/28/15 7:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix come on!!!! Play better and stop fouling!!

PostPosted: 08/28/15 7:19 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Sandy put Leilani back in damnit!!!

PostPosted: 08/28/15 7:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

That was such a BS call. I'm done with the refs.

PostPosted: 08/28/15 7:42 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Some nice minutes by Mistie. Hustling hard and buying us a couple of cheap buckets. And the pick was good too Smile

---

Hey Merc, Meesseman is not invisible. She's not small. She's pretty good too btw. Maybe stop letting her hang out under the basket all alone Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: 08/28/15 7:49 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

They need to check Dolson's last 3pt shot, her foot was on the line!

Dont's understand these refs. Messeman was all over and no foul called.

Last edited by bballgrl on 08/28/15 7:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
SCook

PostPosted: 08/28/15 7:54 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix has to play very good team defense because BG can't afford a foul and offensively they have to be smart with their shots.

PostPosted: 08/28/15 7:56 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

I think this game is over. Nice fight by Phoenix though so they get ready for Minny and get another crack at Washington on Tuesday

PostPosted: 08/28/15 7:58 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
I think this game is over. Nice fight by Phoenix though so they get ready for Minny and get another crack at Washington on Tuesday

It wasn't over. But it is now. What a waste of 29 precious seconds.

PostPosted: 08/28/15 8:00 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The end of this game really sucked with the refs calling fouls on the Merc yet the Mystics were all over the Merc and fouls were not called. Sickening!

Genero36

PostPosted: 08/28/15 8:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Latta - 24 Points (6-11), 5 Assists & 3 Steals

SCook

PostPosted: 08/28/15 8:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix won the rebound battle but the turnovers were horrible. It was some questionable decision making. I don't understand how hard it is to go inside down the stretch.

Wait. The ft ratio was 5-6 Pho an 15-20 Washigton really?

Last edited by SCook on 08/28/15 8:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Luuuc
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/28/15 8:04 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Too much sloppy play and too many lapses of concentration by Phoenix. Only ourselves to blame. Same story as usual for us this season. That was a very winnable game.

PostPosted: 08/28/15 8:06 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
Too much sloppy play and too many lapses of concentration by Phoenix. Only ourselves to blame. Same story as usual for us this season. That was a very winnable game.

This seems to only happen against the East teams though. I do think fatigue played in down the stretch and the calls because the fact that Phoenix took as much contact as they did and only had 5 ft attempts and Washington 20, that speaks volumes. However there was bad decision making and stuff too but this was not that bad of a game.

PostPosted: 08/28/15 8:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

This seems to only happen against the East teams though. I do think fatigue played in down the stretch and the calls because the fact that Phoenix took as much contact as they did and only had 5 ft attempts and Washington 20, that speaks volumes. However there was bad decision making and stuff too but this was not that bad of a game.

It happens against everyone. All season. It's just that against crappy opponents like Seattle & San Antonio we still end up winning, which means it doesn't really sink in to these players how costly these lapses are.
This is where DT would be making such a difference. Even if she wasn't scoring or dishing, she'd be keeping this team locked in to the task at hand.

PostPosted: 08/28/15 9:24 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

and for the 7th time this season, the Mystics once again report 7,400!!!!!!!!

Twitter: @TBRBWAY
Shades

PostPosted: 08/28/15 9:27 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

toad455 wrote:
and for the 7th time this season, the Mystics once again report 7,400!!!!!!!!

Maybe they do a ticket giveaway up to 7400, so they're counting outstanding tickets over actual through the gate.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned
SCook

PostPosted: 08/28/15 11:31 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Luuuc wrote:
SCook wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

It happens against everyone. All season. It's just that against crappy opponents like Seattle & San Antonio we still end up winning, which means it doesn't really sink in to these players how costly these lapses are.
This is where DT would be making such a difference. Even if she wasn't scoring or dishing, she'd be keeping this team locked in to the task at hand.

True. True. But you can't knock how they've been able to win through adversity. They are fairing pretty well so far and if they hadn't have been on the recent skid as of late they would probably be 1st in the West.

DT isn't on the court to keep them focused but she has been in their ears all season so they are managing well.

PostPosted: 08/28/15 11:55 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

SCook wrote:
Luuuc wrote:
SCook wrote:
Luuuc wrote:

True. True. But you can't knock how they've been able to win through adversity. They are fairing pretty well so far and if they hadn't have been on the recent skid as of late they would probably be 1st in the West.

DT isn't on the court to keep them focused but she has been in their ears all season so they are managing well.

It's just so frustrating to see us blow so many winnable games for reasons that seem so ... correctable.
This team is still capable of winning it all this season. I really believe we could, if we could just keep our heads in the game for longer stretches. I don't know if the players don't see that, or don't believe it, or maybe they think they can just coast through the regular season and start to really focus once the playoffs start.
We still have deficiencies, but so does everyone else this season. But the good teams in the east seem a lot more locked in than we do. Every team has lapses, but ours are frequent. That's why we seem just as likely to get swept out of the conference semis as we are to winning the west.
And yes, we have won through some adversity, but we have also lost some games we really should not have. We've also done well within games to dig ourselves out of some deep holes and win, but we dug so many of those holes ourselves. It's just a very different feel this season to the way we went about things last season.

Mind you things could be a lot more frustrating so I shouldn't take it too hard. Being a Sparks fan this season must be just exasperating!

PostPosted: 08/29/15 1:47 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The problem is that you've got some players that are so in and out of games. Take Currie. She's occasionally physical. She occasionally hits big shots. Most of the time she looks like she's not even there. Her decision-making is godawful as is her shot selection. She can't pass. She can barely dribble. Dupree hits the defensive glass once every 5 misses if you're lucky. Mitchell cares, but she's limited and streaky. Xargay is talented but a rookie who clearly has a learning curve. The only two impact players on the team who are also engaged with some consistency are Griner and Bonner. I pity Griner almost. She's gone through hell in her personal life and then she plays in the games and she's defending and rebounding often while her teammates are just watching on the defensive end. Everywhere she goes, she's either the story or the spectacle, and some nights she and Bonner are two of a small handful who look like they care. Even Bonner occasionally has mental and physical lapses. She cares, I believe, quite a bit. But she still loses it mentally on occasion. This team would be an infuriating one for me to root for if I was a Merc fan, I'll tell you that.

PostPosted: 08/29/15 9:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

NYL_WNBA_FAN wrote:
The problem is that you've got some players that are so in and out of games. Take Currie. She's occasionally physical. She occasionally hits big shots. Most of the time she looks like she's not even there. Her decision-making is godawful as is her shot selection. She can't pass. She can barely dribble. Dupree hits the defensive glass once every 5 misses if you're lucky. Mitchell cares, but she's limited and streaky. Xargay is talented but a rookie who clearly has a learning curve. The only two impact players on the team who are also engaged with some consistency are Griner and Bonner. I pity Griner almost. She's gone through hell in her personal life and then she plays in the games and she's defending and rebounding often while her teammates are just watching on the defensive end. Everywhere she goes, she's either the story or the spectacle, and some nights she and Bonner are two of a small handful who look like they care. Even Bonner occasionally has mental and physical lapses. She cares, I believe, quite a bit. But she still loses it mentally on occasion. This team would be an infuriating one for me to root for if I was a Merc fan, I'll tell you that.

Good break down. It's so true. Currie has moments when she's amazing defensively and then she just disappears or makes these mistakes that veterans just aren't suppose to make ( not saying she has to be perfect but really?) and it just kills the momentum. Leilani has been wonderful for Phoenix but I believe that playing with DT would take a load off her ( if she plays in Pho next year) because I do feel like she falls into moments of wanting to be perfect and after comin from a coach who didn't have much hope for her to one that does it still looms large. Pree seems very absent this year. Maybe she's avoiding the task of stepping up. BG... I feel like she doesn't get as much credit as she should. She leads the defense on her own and she has even upped her rebounding and that gets taxing but she'll probably never complain cause she blames herself for the teams losses ( typical BG). DB has been the batman to BG's robin and vice versa. She works so hard offensively and it wears on you. The fact that they have lead the charge as well as they have this season is amazing to me, especially with it being really just the two of them

Last edited by SCook on 08/29/15 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
miller40

PostPosted: 08/29/15 10:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Phoenix still has three All Star starters in their starting line up, they should still be a good team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: