RebKell's Junkie Boards
Board Junkies Forums

Dawn Staley offers 8th grader .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
scfastpitch

PostPosted: 08/10/15 9:49 am    ::: Dawn Staley offers 8th grader . Reply Reply with quote

Could Mo'ne Davis be next ? (lol) Watching McQueen pass the ball in this video, I'd say she sees the floor better than a lot of college players .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFR9RNN5awA

calbearman76

PostPosted: 08/10/15 3:16 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

If only offering a scholly actually encumbered a school I might care.

summertime blues

PostPosted: 08/10/15 4:24 pm    ::: Re: Dawn Staley offers 8th grader . Reply Reply with quote

scfastpitch wrote:
Could Mo'ne Davis be next ? (lol) Watching McQueen pass the ball in this video, I'd say she sees the floor better than a lot of college players .

Should be against NCAA regs, IMNSHO, to even talk seriously to a player below 10th grade.

PostPosted: 08/11/15 6:21 am    ::: Re: Dawn Staley offers 8th grader . Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
scfastpitch wrote:

Should be against NCAA regs, IMNSHO, to even talk seriously to a player below 10th grade.

I agree. They are much too young to make such decisions.

bballjunkie

PostPosted: 08/11/15 7:51 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Yeah but it's the only time she can look at them eye to eye and offer Wink

ArtBest23

PostPosted: 08/11/15 8:53 pm    ::: Re: Dawn Staley offers 8th grader . Reply Reply with quote

Carol Anne wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
scfastpitch wrote:

I agree. They are much too young to make such decisions.

They aren't making a decision. There's no "decision" to be made. She can't commit for three more years. That's how the NCAA addresses it and protects the player. Seems adequate to me.

Lillian Hidgepork

PostPosted: 08/12/15 7:00 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

You are very removed from the actual recruiting process and how it works by this comment summertime blues. Not alot of kids that young are being offered but recruiting starts at a young age these days. The Vols staff are no strangers to this either. Most kids have the list narrowed by 10th grade. Home visits start junior year now. Learn the rules.

scfastpitch

PostPosted: 08/12/15 7:17 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Loyal McQueen is from Florence , SC and the first school to offer her was Clemson . By the time her early signing period rolls around (November of 2019 ) I'm sure she will have plenty of schools to pick from . She can commit earlier if she wishes , but as the old joke goes " a verbal commitment ain't worth the paper it's written on " .

summertime blues

PostPosted: 08/12/15 11:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Lillian Hidgepork wrote:
You are very removed from the actual recruiting process and how it works by this comment summertime blues. Not alot of kids that young are being offered but recruiting starts at a young age these days. The Vols staff are no strangers to this either. Most kids have the list narrowed by 10th grade. Home visits start junior year now. Learn the rules.

Oh, I am well aware, and no need for you to get all snarky. What with camps and everything they have plenty of contact. What I meant was that no offers should be made to any kids this age,or any below 10th grade, and I stand by that. Get off your tall pony.

PostPosted: 08/12/15 11:51 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

summertime blues wrote:
Lillian Hidgepork wrote:

Oh, I am well aware, and no need for you to get all snarky. What with camps and everything they have plenty of contact. What I meant was that no offers should be made to any kids this age,or any below 10th grade, and I stand by that. Get off your tall pony.

They aren't "offers" any more than are any "commitments" in 8th grade.

All the offer is is "at this point we like you and right now we think we'd like to have you come to our school in four years."

All the acceptance is "at this point I think that someday in a few years I'd like to play for your school."

Nobody has "committed" to anything and either one can change their mind whenever they want for any reason or for no reason.

I really don't see the problem.

PUmatty

PostPosted: 08/12/15 2:02 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ArtBest23 wrote:
summertime blues wrote:
Lillian Hidgepork wrote:

They aren't "offers" any more than are any "commitments" in 8th grade.

All the offer is is "at this point we like you and right now we think we'd like to have you come to our school in four years."

All the acceptance is "at this point I think that someday in a few years I'd like to play for your school."

Nobody has "committed" to anything and either one can change their mind whenever they want for any reason or for no reason.

I really don't see the problem.

That is true until the LOI is signed. No difference between 8th grade commitments and offers and the ones in the summer before the senior year.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » NCAA Women's Basketball - General Discussion All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: