Sun
78%
 78%  [ 15 ]
Total Votes : 19

whitedudeluvswnba

PostPosted: 08/01/15 9:21 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nerd2 wrote:
Randy wrote:
Why did Bishop take the last shot instead of Bird?

I think the play was towards Bird but they couldn't get her the ball. Really didn't have anyone else who was hitting with consistency on that night.

I sure didn't like getting accosted by the lady in the red wig after the game telling me we should have had Kaleena in there or we shouldn't have drafted her. And the guy who said she'd be starting for any other team and scoffing at me when I said she needed to lose weight first. College is over, people, and she needs to re-prove herself against a whole new level of player.

I'm a Sun and Uconn fan through and through. I don't think KML should be getting any minutes right now. She's in the same boat as Shoni was. Overweight and not in WNBA shape. Shoni didn't play until she got into better shape. Neither should KML. It's her own fault she's not playing. Not the coaches.

Personally I'd love to see her succeed BUT she was a total waste as a number 3 draft pick. But then again so was Amanda Z.

So far, the four lottery picks this year and he weakest four lottery picks I've ever seen. But Loyd and EWill have the most upside and have done the best so far. Both started off slow and are now killing it. If the ROY award was only between lottery picks, it would be hard to say who would win it between Loud and EWill.

ucdt3

PostPosted: 08/01/15 9:58 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

whitedudeluvswnba wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Randy wrote:

I think the play was towards Bird but they couldn't get her the ball. Really didn't have anyone else who was hitting with consistency on that night.

I sure didn't like getting accosted by the lady in the red wig after the game telling me we should have had Kaleena in there or we shouldn't have drafted her. And the guy who said she'd be starting for any other team and scoffing at me when I said she needed to lose weight first. College is over, people, and she needs to re-prove herself against a whole new level of player.

I'm a Sun and Uconn fan through and through. I don't think KML should be getting any minutes right now. She's in the same boat as Shoni was. Overweight and not in WNBA shape. Shoni didn't play until she got into better shape. Neither should KML. It's her own fault she's not playing. Not the coaches.

Personally I'd love to see her succeed BUT she was a total waste as a number 3 draft pick. But then again so was Amanda Z.

So far, the four lottery picks this year and he weakest four lottery picks I've ever seen. But Loyd and EWill have the most upside and have done the best so far. Both started off slow and are now killing it. If the ROY award was only between lottery picks, it would be hard to say who would win it between Loud and EWill.

Shoni isn't in better shape. The Dream just have NO better option at this point. They are terrible. And Shoni went scoreless in 23 minutes last night vs Lynx...but didn't drop 10 dimes...which is a feat unto itself bc the Dream is laced with bricklayers at the moment.
dtsnms

PostPosted: 08/01/15 10:25 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
whitedudeluvswnba wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Shoni isn't in better shape. The Dream just have NO better option at this point. They are terrible. And Shoni went scoreless in 23 minutes last night vs Lynx...but didn't drop 10 dimes...which is a feat unto itself bc the Dream is laced with bricklayers at the moment.

Shoni looks better than she did earlier, I disagree she isn't in better shape.

I also disagree that AZB and KML are wasted picks. We've just gotten spoiled; we're used to Chiney, EDD, BG, coming in and being stars.

Look at Kristi Toliver for one, it happens that some rookies take time.

ucdt3

PostPosted: 08/01/15 10:30 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

dtsnms wrote:
ucdt3 wrote:
whitedudeluvswnba wrote:
Nerd2 wrote:
Randy wrote:

Shoni looks better than she did earlier, I disagree she isn't in better shape.

I also disagree that AZB and KML are wasted picks. We've just gotten spoiled; we're used to Chiney, EDD, BG, coming in and being stars.

Look at Kristi Toliver for one, it happens that some rookies take time.

Well maybe she looks better in person. But as of 2 weeks ago, she was barely playing still. Now she's playing a LOT more. I don't necessarily think it's because Coop all of a sudden believes she's in good enough shape to play. I think it's got more to do with his lack of options at this point.
Shades

PostPosted: 08/01/15 10:37 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

whitedudeluvswnba wrote:

KML hasn't been in shape in years and has shown she's not concerned about it. She'll probably end up on a team that'll accept her for who she is, like SAN accepts Adams for who she (but we'll see after this drug incidence. Maybe she'll be headed to CHI.) Schimmel's weight has always fluctuated but she always seems to get a handle on it. Her weight gain this last time was a bit much but she seems to be on top of it.

whitedudeluvswnba wrote:

I'll kick it into broken record mode by saying the SEA and TUL situations aren't similar and neither are the player opportunities. SEA is in rebuild mode and you would think the opportunities would be plenty for any player willing to step up. Of course, Clark is having an MIP worthy year so that doesn't help KML's situation. But even with the team being thinned out with the trade of Montgomery, KML can't seem to get on the court.
TUL on the other hand is definitely in the playoff hunt. They have great depth, especially in the front court. They have two MIP worthy front court players in Pierson and Baugh, so it's tough for a rookie to crack that lineup. Teams in the playoff hunt tend to tighten their rotation to 8-9 players as the season progresses, so if a player doesn't make into that top 8-9, they don't see court time unless it's a blowout. Does that mean there's no hope for such a player? Not necessarily.
Look at Reshanda Gray. People probably thought she was the worst rookie in the league based on playing time. She was lucky to get 30 sec playing time in a 20 pt victory at Minnesota. Now in ATL she's actually getting a chance to play and it's looking like she has some promise even though she hasn't had nearly enough time to gel with her new team. She definitely needs some polishing. The coaching staff needs to teach her to play straight up defense instead of reaching to keep her out of foul trouble. ATL fans were probably expecting nothing out of Gray but now are thinking maybe they have something here.

whitedudeluvswnba wrote:
If the ROY award was only between lottery picks, it would be hard to say who would win it between Loud and EWill.

There was even bust talk for these two early on. I wouldn't be surprised if all the top rookies were to eventually come around.

Nnekalonians 1:14 - Thou shalt not accept that which is not earned

Last edited by Shades on 08/01/15 12:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/01/15 11:26 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

ucdt3 wrote:
I don't necessarily think it's because Coop all of a sudden believes she's in good enough shape to play. I think it's got more to do with his lack of options at this point.

Or maybe Cooper's brain has finally been activated and he realized that Schimmel can actually play the game of basketball.

People keep saying Schimmel is so out of shape, but in the games I saw she doesn't seem to have trouble moving around the court.

PostPosted: 08/01/15 1:10 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Are you serious? Shoni spent her whole college career gaining over 20 lbs during each summer because Walz babied her. I have some new found respect for Coop, sitting her butt, she looked bigger than KML at the start of the season.

mavcarter
#NATC

PostPosted: 08/01/15 1:36 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Nixtreefan wrote:
Are you serious? Shoni spent her whole college career gaining over 20 lbs during each summer because Walz babied her. I have some new found respect for Coop, sitting her butt, she looked bigger than KML at the start of the season.

Don't know if this is referring to me, but yes I'm very serious. Didn't laugh or anything to make it seem like a joke.

Offensively, she doesn't seem like she has trouble getting to her spots or being fatigued. Don't really know if losing weight is going to help her out defensively..

You have new found respect for Cooper, I respect your opinion. I don't have too much respect for a coach that continually plays lesser talent on purpose and not put himself in a position to win games which is the ultimate goal.

PostPosted: 08/01/15 6:01 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Postplayers that are overweight can get a way more with being overweight because they (like Paris and Adams) can use that size on offense in the post. Guards who are overweight just cant get away with that. Have we ever had overweight guards in the WNBA or players that had a similar issue wich was such a topic as with Shoni and KML?

"Storm fans" on facebook are going off on Boucek(saying that we need a real coach bla bla bla) for not playing KML and saying that the Storm are losing games because Boucek doesnt play KML Rolling Eyes

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
FS02

PostPosted: 08/01/15 7:11 pm    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:
Postplayers that are overweight can get a way more with being overweight because they (like Paris and Adams) can use that size on offense in the post. Guards who are overweight just cant get away with that. Have we ever had overweight guards in the WNBA or players that had a similar issue wich was such a topic as with Shoni and KML?

"Storm fans" on facebook are going off on Boucek(saying that we need a real coach bla bla bla) for not playing KML and saying that the Storm are losing games because Boucek doesnt play KML Rolling Eyes

Good grief, I guess that's why I stay away from facebook. Rolling Eyes

Location: In a world where a PSYCHOpath like Trump isn't potus.

PostPosted: 08/02/15 8:05 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

The Sun stole that one.

PostPosted: 08/02/15 10:02 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

Michelle89 wrote:

well, we all know who runs that page. he has his own subset of 'storm crazies'. Wink

PostPosted: 08/02/15 10:27 am    ::: Reply Reply with quote

scullyfu wrote:
Michelle89 wrote:

well, we all know who runs that page. he has his own subset of 'storm crazies'. Wink

Its mostly the comments under every post from Seattle Storm about the results of the games. I need to start ignoring those people

"Sue Bird and Lauren Jackson were and are the dynamic duo. They're the one-two punch. They're all the clich�s possible to describe people that perfectly complement each other, who make each other better and also bring out the best in the team." �Karen Bryant
Post new topic   Reply to topic    RebKell's Junkie Boards Forum Index » WNBA All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: